Florida State fan base arrogance on 24/7

minister of music

If you have a membership on 24/7 take a gander on the Nole's board and read the few threads on Auburn they have so far. Now i can understand them being confident in their ability to move the ball on our defense, but they are so arrogant they believe that bama's defense was slow and their's is much faster(especially at linebacker). Their defensive ends are the greatest(will never get sucked in) and their defensive line will blow past our offensive line and get heavy penetration blowing up the plays.

I was so amused, not because they are not a good team, because they are......but to discount what is probably the best offensive line in college football as nobodies and to think they will just stop(not slow down, but STOP) the juggernaut running attack of Auburn when no one else has.....???

They reminded me of bammers....lol

If you have a membership on 24/7 take a gander on the Nole's board and read the few threads on Auburn they have so far. Now i can understand them being confident in their ability to move the ball on our defense, but they are so arrogant they believe that bama's defense was slow and their's is much faster(especially at linebacker). Their defensive ends are the greatest(will never get sucked in) and their defensive line will blow past our offensive line and get heavy penetration blowing up the plays.

I was so amused, not because they are not a good team, because they are......but to discount what is probably the best offensive line in college football as nobodies and to think they will just stop(not slow down, but STOP) the juggernaut running attack of Auburn when no one else has.....???

I think uat is better and more experienced at every position.

Nothing better than false since of hope. We listened to it before the UGA, Iron Bowl and SECCG. What happened to those poor defenses? Our offense is proven against the best in country. I like our chances. War Eagle!

I guess I missed the linebacker they have that is better than CJ Mosley.

The only thing worse than being a bunch of nobodies, is getting beaten and beaten up by a bunch of nobodies! They will feel the wrath of Nick, Tre, Corey, and Louis. I'm guessing at least 350 on the ground.

I'll say this for Bama, they were by far the best tackling and most disciplined defense we faced all year. Five yard runs against them would have gone for ten against other teams. I seriously doubt FSU is as good defensively.

I think uat is better and more experienced at every position.

yup.

the UAT D blows FL St out of the water. if bama played FL state, winston would be eating dirt all game. it would be like the bowl game betwen LSU and Notre Dame when they had Brady Quinn and he was all the talk. He played against a real defense and got embarrassed and exposed.

i think if we can get pressure on winston, he will show his true freshman colors. he doesn't even know what pressure is like except for a couple of plays against duke.

Those fans are just regurgitating everything the media is spouting off about them. They have pride in their team but the media is not giving us any respect. That's okay, they will find out what AU is made of on the 6th. They may have a great team but they have not faced a team like AU. Here's to punching them in the mouth over and over and watching how they respond.

I've lived all over the country and in Tallahassee the last 20 years, and IMHO the difference between Nole football fans and most others is:

1. FSU fans are stunningly lacking in knowledge of anything having to do with college football outside their own back yard and

2. Their tolerance, even desire, to cultivate a renegade "see what we can get away with" program off the field (all Sunshine State programs are like that IMO) and a punk, thuggish, dirty brand of football of play on the field.

You may not agree, but equally arrogant Bamzo & thUGA fans can at least talk quasi-knowledgeably (if not kool-aid influenced) about strength of schedule, rules of the game and recent history.

We took the #1 rushing defense in the country, and put them at #11. We took the #14 rushing defense in the country, and put them at #48. Nuff said!!!

FSU is a good team, but they are walking into a buzzsaw. They don't even realize, in hyping up their DEs that will not get sucked in, that we get the majority of our yardage running between the tackles. They have not seem an O-line like ours. No one else has 300+ pound linemen that can pull and push DTs and LBs 8-10 yards downfield. They haven't faced a Juggernaut like Jay Prosch, who thrives on destroying LBs. You key on Tre, Marshall takes it to the house. You key on Marshall, Tre runs past you. Key on them both, and "Tail-Lights" Grant is gone. Manage to key on all three, and CAP runs right through you. Sell out and stop all that, and it's CJ Uzomah, Sammie Coates and Ricardo Louis.

I do not envy Jimbo Fisher, because all of the above is going to make for some sleepless nights over the next month! War Damn Eagle!!!

The only thing worse than being a bunch of nobodies, is getting beaten and beaten up by a bunch of nobodies! They will feel the wrath of Nick, Tre, Corey, and Louis. I'm guessing at least 350 on the ground.

If we only get 350 we probably called the dogs off and it means the passing game went well, too. (Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit)

I'll say this for Bama, they were by far the best tackling and most disciplined defense we faced all year. Five yard runs against them would have gone for ten against other teams. I seriously doubt FSU is as good defensively.

Best tackling is a great way to say it. They've been that way for years. They close big holes very fast.

I gotta admit I hate FSU. It came from losing three in a row while I was a student.

Whoever called this Offense a buzz saw is completely right. The Auburn defense is going to be better than expected. The Auburn offense is going to be overwhelming.

We took the #1 defense in the country, and put them at #11. We took the #14 defense in the country, and put them at #48. Nuff said!!!

FSU is a good team, but they are walking into a buzzsaw. They don't even realize, in hyping up their DEs that will not get sucked in, that we get the majority of our yardage running between the tackles. They have not seem an O-line like ours. No one else has 300+ pound linemen that can pull and push DTs and LBs 8-10 yards downfield. They haven't faced a Juggernaut like Jay Prosch, who thrives on destroying LBs. You key on Tre, Marshall takes it to the house. You key on Marshall, Tre runs past you. Key on them both, and "Tail-Lights" Grant is gone. Manage to key on all three, and CAP runs right through you. Sell out and stop all that, and it's CJ Uzomah, Sammie Coates and Ricardo Louis.

I do not envy Jimbo Fisher, because all of the above is going to make for some sleepless nights over the next month! War Damn Eagle!!!

We shredded those defenses in back to back weeks too.

Looking at their recruiting rankings on Rivals from 2010 through 2013 our ranking average is very similar. There is talent on their team, but they have not faced the adversity, or the level of competiton that our kids have faced. Plus, our seniors have been there before in 2010, theirs have not.

Nick Marshall has been learning the offense on the fly all season long and doing an amazing job. Imagine what he could be capabale of after 4 weeks of practice before the NC?

On the other side of the ball, they have not played a team any where near as physical as Auburn. They are going to get hit in the mouth for the first time all year. It will hurt.

All barning aside, we should win this game by 3 scores..

As long as NM & the WR corps are using all this time properly. I think we only get something like 14 "official" practices over the next 4 weeks.

I had an interesting conversation with a guy Tuesday night about this game. He is not really a fan of any college team. He is from New Jersey and a huge Philadelphia Eagles fan. He follows college and pro football closely to the extent that he bets as much as $5000 in an average weekend and sometimes more on games he feels strongly about. I asked him what he thought about the NCG. His first response was "wrong team favored" and then "bet the farm". He put big money on Auburn in the Iron Bowl and SECCG. I like our chances.

Looking at their recruiting rankings on Rivals from 2010 through 2013 our ranking average is very similar. There is talent on their team, but they have not faced the adversity, or the level of competiton that our kids have faced. Plus, our seniors have been there before in 2010, theirs have not.

Nick Marshall has been learning the offense on the fly all season long and doing an amazing job. Imagine what he could be capabale of after 4 weeks of practice before the NC?

On the other side of the ball, they have not played a team any where near as physical as Auburn. They are going to get hit in the mouth for the first time all year. It will hurt.

That would be nice. We've played several teams with major league talent this season but IMO only 3 teams with FSU's team-wide speed, Bama, LSU & Georgia. And we all remember how those turned out. FSU is playing with serious SERIOUS swagger right now too, a huge intangible for 18-22 year old young men.

A huge advantage of Gusball is it's subjective, at-the-snap situational QB reads which are almost impossible to prepare for as a D "plan". The huge potential downside to Gusball is...it's reliance on the QB not having a bad judgment day for the triple option. Let's celebrate winning by 3 TDs over FSU when we do.

I have been viewing a espn article that has a chat going at the bottom and these fsu fans are delusional, all are picking fsu in a complete blowout 30 to 50 points.

Check I out:

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/conversation?gameId=340060002&fb_comment_id=fbc_577302445682877_3823943_578639595549162#f1c13c5b7c6570d

This chat is done through Facebook

That would be nice. We've played several teams with major league talent this season but IMO only 3 teams with FSU's team-wide speed, Bama, LSU & Georgia. And we all remember how those turned out. FSU is playing with serious SERIOUS swagger right now too, a huge intangible for 18-22 year old young men.

A huge advantage of Gusball is it's subjective, at-the-snap situational QB reads which are almost impossible to prepare for as a D "plan". The huge potential downside to Gusball is...it's reliance on the QB not having a bad judgment day for the triple option. Let's celebrate winning by 3 TDs over FSU when we do.

Considering that we have not shut down any competent offense that we have faced, I see no reason to expect us to do it against FSU. We have beaten good teams by wearing them down and winning in the 4th quarter. The closest anyone has been to beating them was Boston College, and that was a 14 point win. They have not had to really play hard for the full 60 minutes in any game other than that one. We will present that challenge. If they somehow solve the enigma required to stop our rushing attack, they will still have to do it for the entire game. I do not think Gus would be willing to abandon it until late in the game, or if FSU has built a massive lead.

If we have a game of trading scores, I think it favors us more than them. We are the team more likely to still be fresh late in the game.

Archived