Another great win today!!!

wardameagl

Arizona knocked Arizona State out of the top 25 today making USC's strength of schedule even worse. They only had 2 wins against top 25 (Cal and ASU)teams and now it is 1. If you go by the law that there rank at the time that you beat them is what is counted. This will hurt them in the computer polls maybe enough to drop them to number 3. This might also jump us up to #2 in the computer polls and with Coached and AP at #2 we could be in with USC in Miami.

OK USC AU

Coaches 3 1 2

AP 3 1 2

Computers 1 3 2

EQUALS 7 5 6

I hope that is how it goes

Arizona knocked Arizona State out of the top 25 today making USC's strength of schedule even worse.  They only had 2 wins against top 25 (Cal and ASU)teams and now it is 1.  If you go by the law that there rank at the time that you beat them is what is counted.  This will hurt them in the computer polls maybe enough to drop them to number 3. This might also jump us up to #2 in the computer polls and with Coached and AP at #2 we could be in with USC in Miami.

OK  USC      AU

Coaches            3      1        2   

AP                    3      1        2

Computers        1      3        2

EQUALS            7      5        6

I hope that is how it goes

126471[/snapback]

I definitely hope USC drops, but the AP will do everything in their power to keep them #1. UCLA is playing better ball. There is an outside chance of an upset. Of course, I was hoping for the same thing last year as I am an LSU fan and it simply didn't happen. I can assure you that almost no one in L.A. or CA cares about USC except USC alums. It's disgusting and pathetic. Yet they remain "media darlings." I HATE USCum. :thumbsdown:

USC is too far ahead of auburn in the computers to fall from 2 to 3, however if they could take over OU and become the #1 team in the computers that would do wonders for AU. This ASU loss HURT Auburn.

Yeah, in the event that USC doesn't lose, we really needed their SOS to skyrocket while OU's took a hit. That way, USC could have overtaken OU in more of the computer rankings, reducing OU's advantage over us in that component. Then with them playing a much weaker opponent in their conference title game than us, we could have gained even more SOS on OU and hurt them further in the computers. And if we had another impressive win over UT while they just did fair in their title game, it might have all been enough to overtake them. As it is, we've just got to pray that God smiles on the Irish or the Bruins.

okay fella's,what did you glean from the asu-as st. game?.....a two win asu team played lights out,got breaks and beat the #18 team in the country in a rivalry game........just stop trying to crunch numbers and make it happen for AU.....the team has done all it can do to make the championship game(except whup the vols' asses one more time) and now they need help.....USC has two games with longtime rivals to play ....okie has another game game to play against,hopefully, colorado or iowa st......the most important thing to remember is that AU has another game to play......all the pressure is on okie and USC because the margin of error is so small that one close game could be the difference.....i'll give you thought on what will happen......USC will lose one of those games,most likely ucla....ucla has a great running back that score from anywhere on the field on any given play......upsets happen every week in college football.....be patient,I think AU makes the game as long as they beat UT......lets just enjoy the greatness of this season and bask in the good feeling that this team has given us.....trust me....it ain't over till it's over

I haven't followed UCLA as close this season as in some past years, but I don't see Notre Dame being able to handle this USC team.

USC and Auburn are probably more alike than any two teams in the top 20. Offensive balance, defensive speed and intensity, and solid coaching that has molded them into a team. The Irish might be able to slow down the USC running game enough to make USC a one-dimensional offense. But, it's when teams like this are forced into riskier play options that they really become dangerous for the defensive opponent.

In other words, if you want to have a shot to beat Auburn or USC, you'd better have a defense capable of holding them to 14 points or less, 'cause your offense isn't going to put a lot of points up against those great D's. JMHO, but I don't think the Notre Dame D is "man enough" to handle USC today.

eagle_AU.jpg

the best chance for a USC loss is UCLA simply because of their ground game and it's a hate game.....n.dame will have to have all the breaks just to have a chance to win the game.....that is not likely to happen.....COLORADO is okie's biggest danger....they looked pretty good against a very bad nebraska team yesterday......this time of year,weather could enter into the games and cause a USC or okie to have to play a different style of game that they are not comfortable with....keep up your chin and just remember that i told you so

I hope I am wrong but I don't think AU has a chance unless either USC or OU loses. These opinion polls will not relent on their preseason rankings. Computer polls cannot change enough to help AU. SEC strength is so low compared to PAC 10 and Big 12. Simply not enough games left.

Maybe LSU can get Texas in the Capitol One Bowl. Texas has not seen a run defense like that yet. We can still have a slim chance to get Cal in the Sugar if we don't make it to the Orange.

Archived