TN, middle of the pack SEC team at best.

SEC FAN

I see the following SEC teams playing better ball than TN right now: (and I'm being generous and leaving a few out)

Auburn

Georgia

LSU

Florida

Bama

It's a shame AU doesn't get a better opponent to play in the championship game. TN made it to the championship game because they had a very weak SEC schedule. They caught GA coming down after being sky high against LSU. AU will have to blow out TN just to not lose ground in the BCS.

I see the following SEC teams playing better ball than TN right now:

Auburn

Georgia

LSU

Florida

Bama

It's a shame AU doesn't get a better opponent to play in the championship game.  TN made it to the championship game because they had a very weak SEC schedule.  They caught GA coming down after being sky high against LSU.  AU will have to blow out TN just to not lose ground in the BCS.

126559[/snapback]

I agree. Tennessee is playing lousy defence right now.

I just hope that we can play a miracle game against Auburn in the championship but I don't see it happening.

After that game I will be a Auburn fan hoping that you guys get a shot at the National Championship.

Nitescape

Go VOLS!!

I see the following SEC teams playing better ball than TN right now: (and I'm being generous and leaving a few out)

Auburn

Georgia

LSU

Florida

Bama

It's a shame AU doesn't get a better opponent to play in the championship game.  TN made it to the championship game because they had a very weak SEC schedule.  They caught GA coming down after being sky high against LSU.  AU will have to blow out TN just to not lose ground in the BCS.

126559[/snapback]

You wont get any argument from me that the Vols defense is playing poorly last two games especially. However the 5 teams you listed the Vols beat 3 of em...one they didnt play...and as for Auburn while everyone expects Auburn to win huge its not that easy to beat a team twice in a season, no one expected david to beat goliath and y'all may get a better game than you want. As for the Vols having a weak schedule, maybe...but its Auburns weak schedule that is whats gonna get Auburn a bridesmaids bowl out of the national title picture. the citadel???...gimme a break :ut:

As for the Vols having a weak schedule, maybe...but its Auburns weak schedule that is whats gonna get Auburn a bridesmaids bowl out of the national title picture. the citadel???...gimme a break :ut:

126574[/snapback]

Once again, we had Bowling Green on our schedule. They were a contender for the Top 25 this year, and were in it as late as last week I believe. They backed out to play Oklahoma and we could do nothign about it. So we had to scramble to find somebody. So we had to resort to a 1-AA team.

Auburn

Georgia

LSU

Florida

Bama

126559[/snapback]

You wont get any argument from me that the Vols defense is playing poorly last two games especially. However the 5 teams you listed the Vols beat 3 of em...one they didnt play...and as for Auburn while everyone expects Auburn to win huge its not that easy to beat a team twice in a season, no one expected david to beat goliath and y'all may get a better game than you want. As for the Vols having a weak schedule, maybe...but its Auburns weak schedule that is whats gonna get Auburn a bridesmaids bowl out of the national title picture. the citadel???...gimme a break :ut:

126574[/snapback]

We beat ut like a bunch of redheaded vols! :D Just in case you forgot, the game was OVER at the half. (At that big old QUIET "stadium" of yours. :lol: )

No, it is not easy to beat a TEAM twice in one year. The key word would be TEAM. :lol:

KY has the most pathetic SEC team this year that I have EVER seen in all of my many years of following and watching SEC Football.

Good luck...You are gonna' need a bunch of it. B)

WAR EAGLE...O N E at a time. :au:

Auburn

Georgia

LSU

Florida

Bama

126559[/snapback]

126574[/snapback]

We beat ut like a bunch of redheaded vols! :D Just in case you forgot, the game was OVER at the half. (At that big old QUIET "stadium" of yours. :lol: )

No, it is not easy to beat a TEAM twice in one year. The key word would be TEAM. :lol:

KY has the most pathetic SEC team this year that I have EVER seen in all of my many years of following and watching SEC Football.

126576[/snapback]

What he said...lol

Man, I dont even know if your even aloud to talk like that when an auburn team doesnt even make it close ON YOUR OWN TURF. Seeing vandy, and kentucky just all of a sudden having mind blowing offenses? Give me a break...you couldnt stop us with ainge, and your sure as hell probably wont get close without him. Not to say that upsets dont happen, but this is HIGHLY unlikely with the way tenn. is playing.

Hell just compare the def. on each team....Y'all let vandy and kentucky score double digits...that in itself should be worthy of note right?

Then you bring up strength of schedule? Give me a break, we still played and kick the vols butt right? We still had georgia and killed them by margins y'all wish y'all had against vandy. We played alabama, ole miss, hell you get the point. Are you really trying to prove to us that playing the citadel makes auburn a bad team? Your probably not, because that argument would be stupid and pointless.

Ya go vols......not

Nice try, but maybe next time.

:flame::ut:

Auburn

Georgia

LSU

Florida

Bama

126559[/snapback]

126574[/snapback]

126576[/snapback]

What he said...lol

Man, I dont even know if your even aloud to talk like that when an auburn team doesnt even make it close ON YOUR OWN TURF. Seeing vandy, and kentucky just all of a sudden having mind blowing offenses? Give me a break...you couldnt stop us with ainge, and your sure as hell probably wont get close without him. Not to say that upsets dont happen, but this is HIGHLY unlikely with the way tenn. is playing.

Hell just compare the def. on each team....Y'all let vandy and kentucky score double digits...that in itself should be worthy of note right?

Then you bring up strength of schedule? Give me a break, we still played and kick the vols butt right? We still had georgia and killed them by margins y'all wish y'all had against vandy. We played alabama, ole miss, hell you get the point. Are you really trying to prove to us that playing the citadel makes auburn a bad team? Your probably not, because that argument would be stupid and pointless.

Ya go vols......not

126580[/snapback]

just makin 2 points...1 upsets do happen and 2 your schedule is weak thats what is keeping you out of the nt picture because oklahoma outbid you for bowling green. Yes ya'll do have the better team this year....and yes ya'll will probably beat us again...but you go t it to do and thats why they play em :puke::au:

Id be interested to see how well UT would do against those three teams they beat earlier in the year if they played right now.

126583[/snapback]

It is true the vols are playin like crap now...instead of peaking theyre goin the other way. even on my own board theyre screamin for off/def coordinators to be run outta town. Im not here to dump on auburn, i think outta the top 3 theyre the best team...seriously. trouble is they wont get a chance to prove it the way the bcs is set up.

One point, I don't think a lot of us are blasting UT personally; I think it is coming out of our frustration with the BCS and that UT hasn't helped us by losing to ND and looking so bad against Vanderbilt and UK. We have been hoping all year to be playing a one loss UT team, ranked near the Top 5, so we could hopefully use that SEC Championship game to jump Oklahoma...

One point, I don't think a lot of us are blasting UT personally; I think it is coming out of our frustration with the BCS and that UT hasn't helped us by losing to ND and looking so bad against Vanderbilt and UK.  We have been hoping all year to be playing a one loss UT team, ranked near the Top 5, so we could hopefully use that SEC Championship game to jump Oklahoma...

126585[/snapback]

I agree that everyone wishes itd been that way in both camps. I also think if auburn had been treated the way the vols were by the pollsters youd be frustrated as well. the georgia team we beat is ranked above us...other teams in the top 10 have lost to unranked opponents and didnt drop like we did when ya'll beat us. think about it they say if your gonna lose , lose early..we did...to ya'll who i think were ranked 11th and we were 9th...we dropped like a rock to 17th....others in the big 10 and big 12 didnt drop like we did when they lost....2 or 3 spots... SEC just isnt gonna get the same respect as those conferences. you guys are undefeated and wont even get a shot...the vols went undefeated in 98 and won the whole thing but we wouldnt have even been there had there been 2 other undefeateds from anywhere. Youll get a politician elected on a raise taxes platform before you get SEC team to win the NT with a single loss.

...other teams in the top 10 have lost to unranked opponents and didnt drop like we did when ya'll beat us.

That was not out of disrespect for UT, it was disrespect for who you lost to and how bad you lost to them. Look at where you started the season in the polls this year, even with NO QB, what Top 15? Let's look at where Auburn starts next year, after this great season with everyone raving about our HC, OC and DC and the talent onboard. I bet it is still not in the Top 15, or just barely there...

I look for ut to play their best game of the year against us. I think they have been looking ahead to us for the last two weeks. They knew they only had to win one of their last two against two patsies.

I look for us to show up big and win the game, but I don't think it will be easy.

How did we lose to UT at home

Uh, hopefully you are not asking the same after this GT game, they are within 6. With the way things are going for Auburn, GT will pull this one out...

I think part of UT's problem is that they were looking ahead somewhat thinking the last three games would be cake walks. Then figure in the QB situation. I think UT will be ready for AU. I think AU will again win convincingly. The question will be if it is convincingly enough for the voters.

Uh, hopefully you are not asking the same after this GT game, they are within 6. With the way things are going for Auburn, GT will pull this one out...

126596[/snapback]

I sure hope not...our best win would be diminished.

Auburn

Georgia

LSU

Florida

Bama

126559[/snapback]

Frankly, I rank AU, LSU 1-2 right now. I realize UGA pounded LSU, but they had payback on their minds as LSU simply devastated UGA last year. UGA is not playing as well as LSU now.

126596[/snapback]

I don't care at all about Tech. We could lose every year to them and it wouldn't matter unless we were undefeated or in the NC hunt.

Not from Georgia so it means little to me.

On a side note, we are without our #2 WR and Greene so I could see "how" we lost this game.

Auburn

Georgia

LSU

Florida

Bama

126559[/snapback]

126574[/snapback]

126576[/snapback]

What he said...lol

Ya go vols......not

126580[/snapback]

just makin 2 points...1 upsets do happen and 2 your schedule is weak thats what is keeping you out of the nt picture because oklahoma outbid you for bowling green. Yes ya'll do have the better team this year....and yes ya'll will probably beat us again...but you go t it to do and thats why they play em :puke::au:

126582[/snapback]

Sorry, this LSU fan ain't buyin' that. We heard the same thing last year. This year, AU knocked off 3 top 10 teams at the time. The Pac-10 is a weak conference this year. No real surprise. Auburn belongs in the big game as much as LSU did last year. USC should be left out in the cold once again. :lsu: Let us hope or pray that USC loses to either ND, UCLA, or both. B)

Auburn

Georgia

LSU

Florida

Bama

126559[/snapback]

Oh well...I didn't hear UGA complaining when they got stuck with Arky two years back.

If Auburn doesn't put 35+ on UT, we probably don't deserve to play in the Orange...I mean, if Vandy and UK can hang 30+ on them, we ought to have a repeat performance.

dan4vols, how many times has the wild card team won in the super bowl or the world series or any other playoff. Schedule does not have anything to do with being the best team. It only means that you had the toughest schedule, not the best team in the country. I don't even know why this is factored in the rankings. Why is the conference rating factored in? What has that got to do with having the best team. What has anything got to do with having the best team except beating the best of the best and being the last man standing. Everything else is an opinion only. Currently its all subjective, just like last year and all the years before that.

Archived