FSU Playing the No Respect Card

selias

People may want to see them lose, but with exception to the clempson game, I don't recall to much buzz about those other teams beating them. Made up in their own minds?

What a joke. Everyone outside the south HATES the SEC and wants anyone but another SEC team to win the game.

It looks pathetic doesn't it? That's why I hate when we do that stuff(as fans) and hate all the they think they're going to run all over us stuff. It all comes down to both teams think they are the better team. Doesn't have anything to do with anything but every single guy on the opposing teams see no reason why they shouldn't win.

For a team with such confidence, FSU sure is overcompensating by talking jack and coming up with false scenarios of being disrespected and not being the favorite. This arrogance reminds me of the Hurricane team that was beaten by bama. I think they are very worried about this game and are lashing out with trash talk to try to bait the AU players into a media trashtalking war.

People said Duke was going to beat them? I must have slept through that. And I must be seeing a completely different media than whatever those guys are seeing now. I've heard almost no one, outside of the auburn family, say that Auburn has even a showball's chance in hell of winning this game.

Well, the Four Talking Heads on BSPN, including even The Thenator, have all picked Auburn. It's not like we don't have some thinking we'll win. In general, the more attention the commentator has paid to Auburn's progress this season, the more they like AU's chances. Could be why the Tallahassee beat writers all think FSU wins in a blowout. They don't know Auburn.

The more I see this stuff, the more I'm convinced that none of the media watches ANY football other than Sportscenter nowadays. Even the guys on BSPN don't watch it. Heck the Sportscenter announcers don't even watch it. They just read the scripts somebody else writes for them.

Anybody that is overlooking Auburn is in for a rude awakening tomorrow night.

The more I see this stuff, the more I'm convinced that none of the media watches ANY football other than Sportscenter nowadays. Even the guys on BSPN don't watch it. Heck the Sportscenter announcers don't even watch it. They just read the scripts somebody else writes for them.

Anybody that is overlooking Auburn is in for a rude awakening tomorrow night.

This reminds me soooo much of the AU/Oregon NCG. Almost everyone was picking Oregon to win based on statistical advantages. It's annoying and the fact that we have a month before this game to listen to all this tripe makes me want to hibernate.

I like Being the underdog, but if Gus keeps his success up, How long before we start playing as the favorites?

Auburn will be the hunted with a big fat target on their back starting day one of the offseason.

I've never seen a more spoiled fan base than FSU.

Half of them have already convinced themselves that they've won and the game just needs to be played. I mean on the ESPN forums some of their fans are already saying stuff like "National Champs baby! Feels so sweet!"

...wh...what?

They have been told they are going to win it all...next year...for so long that they finally think this is it. There is no way they can lose. Auburn is nobody and they are gods on the football field and no other team comes CLOSE to being as good as they are at any position. Their water boys are better than ours, their team doctor is better than ours, and their dance team is cuter.

Why did we even go to Pasadena?

I've never seen a more spoiled fan base than FSU.

Half of them have already convinced themselves that they've won and the game just needs to be played. I mean on the ESPN forums some of their fans are already saying stuff like "National Champs baby! Feels so sweet!"

...wh...what?

They have been told they are going to win it all...next year...for so long that they finally think this is it. There is no way they can lose. Auburn is nobody and they are gods on the football field and no other team comes CLOSE to being as good as they are at any position. Their water boys are better than ours, their team doctor is better than ours, and their dance team is cuter.

Why did we even go to Pasadena?

The FSU narrative is perplexing.

I do like their dance team though. "How you doin'?"

Now read this board and is it not the same way. It seems like many are going to have to get used to not being the underdog and expecting to win every game and be confident every game. That's just how it goes. Remember when we won like 7 iron bowls in a row? After like the third one, no I don't care what their fan base was saying or what stats they showed I expected us to win over and over. I haven't seen a fan base board anywhere that showed absolute respect to any school they were facing. Are you guys expecting them to say they can't beat us?

Remember before the season when we were talking about ole miss being a team on the rise? Over half this board came in and their main thought was it's ole miss we ARE better and that's it. And that's us coming off a 3 win season. Can you imagine if we were coming off a BCS bowl?

Archived