No Class

weagl1

No, they are Numbers 1 & 2 mainly because that is where they started the year and they haven't lost. Sportwriters and coaches are very relunctant to move a team down, especially those at the very top, until they lose. They don't want to appear that they did not know who was the best from the start. The votes we picked up probably used to belong to Miami or Georgia...

Also, I am sick and tired about hearing about us playing the Citadel and how Housel should have known better. I tell you what, if we had lost a close game to LSU, beat everyone else and been on the cusp of a BCS bid, like Cal and Texas, I doubt this issue ever comes up. I doubt Housel thought that playing the Citadel would cost us a chance to play for the MNC. He was just trying to find an opponent that wouldn't want a return game, all on short notice. I don't agree with everything Housel has done since he has been AD, but I don't fault him for that. He is a good Auburn man who was probably in a job a little over his head...

IF we beat UT and still get left out of the MNC game, so be it. I will still cherish this season and this group of stellar young men forever, just like I do the ones from 1983, 1993 and a lot of other seasons.

Sometimes, when we experience success in football, we lose sight of what Auburn is, or what it isn't...

Auburn is...a family. Coaches come and go, but Auburn people remain. Tommy Tuberville and Shug Jordan are Auburn people. Terry Bowden wasn't.

Auburn isn't...about mythical championships and trophies. Sure, they are nice and I wish we had more of them, but Auburn is about doing your best and letting that speak for itself.

War Damn Eagle.

127142[/snapback]

I too will remember this team fondly no matter how we finish the season...and if we are 13-0 I will consider them NC just like the 83 team and to a lesser extent the 93 team... I never said anything about housel's character your getting a little hyper sensitive for me stating facts like "scheduling a 1-aa team has a very bad affect on your SOS" this fact is not debatable and it isn't something that just happened this year, or something a professional football scheduler should be able to claim ignorance about, unless they are really dumb. Again I have every confidence that housel wants them to win a national championship as bad as anyone and I don't neccasarily think scheduling a easy team the week before tennesse is a dumb move, it just didn't work out this year...

As for the sentimental crap about tommy being an auburn person and how great a guy housel is...those two things are mutually exclusive since housel was in on the conspiracy to oust tubberville...which would have been a really stupid move...and you can bet that housel wasn't saying all that sentimentlal stuff about tommy being an auburn person when he was refusing to talk to tubby last november and secretly trying to do the paperwork needed to fire tubby as soon as petrino would accept the job.

Guest Tigrinum Major
I never said anything about housel's character your getting a little hyper sensitive for me stating facts like "scheduling a 1-aa team has a very bad affect on your SOS" this fact is not debatable and it isn't something that just happened this year,

127202[/snapback]

I wasn't necessarily attacking you. I just know Housel has gotten flak from a lot of sides for the Citadel move. I wasn't hyper sensitive towards your remarks, it was a cumulative effect.

As far as the Petrino deal, I honestly believe (and I might be wrong), that Housel knew that what was happening was wrong, but was getting his marching orders from a higher office. Like a loyal soldier, he followed those orders after voicing his opinion, but was told not to think, just to do it.

I realize that I am a newbie around here, but that is my 2 cents.

Archived