Hey Everyone!!

TrueTiger

I know were all mixed up in wanting the Orange Bowl so bad.. I think we deserve to be there but I don't see it happening.

I just wanna take a minute to say I can't believe we are 11-0. This has been a magical season. I always have dreamed of going to school @ Auburn.. I finally got down here and got a great job that I thank god for. I love Auburn more than anything. I seriously get tears a lot when I think of Auburn. Heck.. I go to school @ Auburn, and I got a great job.. What more can I ask for? I guess Auburn going 11-0 in my first year @ Auburn is just a bonus. I hope I never leave Auburn..

WAR DAMN EAGLE

TU, thanks for writing that! This mess about the Orange Bowl should not take away from the great year our Tigers have had. Our 11-0 record is awesome, and we all have seen how special this team is. As disappointing as it will be if we go undefeated and don't get to play for the MNC, I hope we will remember to enjoy this season for what it is. Seasons like this don't come around for any school that often - let's all take a deep breath and try to enjoy it. And let the team & coaches know how much we appreciate them.

WDE! :au:

I know were all mixed up in wanting the Orange Bowl so bad.. I think we deserve to be there but I don't see it happening.

I just wanna take a minute to say I can't believe we are 11-0. This has been a magical season. I always have dreamed of going to school @ Auburn.. I finally got down here and got a great job that I thank god for. I love Auburn more than anything. I seriously get tears a lot when I think of Auburn.  Heck.. I go to school @ Auburn, and I got a great job.. What more can I ask for? I guess Auburn going 11-0 in my first year @ Auburn is just a bonus. I hope I never leave Auburn..

WAR DAMN EAGLE

126828[/snapback]

I'm with you. I am truly amazed at the reaction of a lot of Auburn fans including many here. I have said it before, an 11-0 regular season capped by beating bama is a joyuous experience for me and certainly more than my preseason expectations. Anything beyond where we are now is just icing on the cake for me. Yet there seem to be a lot of Auburn fans thinking if we end up #2 it will be a disaster. I don't remember anyone here predicting an 11-0 season. I want to win the SECC and would love to be in the NC game but nothing can take away what we already have. I'm thankful for it and won't be greedy from here on.

Auburn 21--bama 13 will get me thru lots of cold Winter nights :au::au::au:

tu21, consider yourself very fortunate. I was undergrad at Auburn for the 64-68 seasons. I think the best record we had was 6-4 during that time. Those were the five straight times we lost to bama in the 60s. (We beat them in 63, 69 and 70, as all of you know. We had them beaten in 67 and were close in 68, but . . .

It was wonderful anyway. I was in Legion Field in 64 when we beat Tennessee 3-0 on Don Lewis' then-record 49 yard FG. That game was a magnificent punting duel between Ron Widby of Tennessee and Jon Kilgore, one of the best punters in AU history. The BAmaham News still talks at times about the Johnny Cain-Beattie Feathers punting duel of 1932, but Kilgore-Widby was just as good. Tennessee was still running the single wing then. They switched to the T in '66. The game was a tie in '65, when the officials failed to call a safety that we earned. UT stomped us in 66, 28-0, and beat us again in Knoxville in '67. In 1968, we switched the schedule up and played UT in November, in order to have a doubleheader at Legion Field. (Can you imagine?) bama played LSU in the afternoon, and we played UT that night. They were undefeated and in the top 10. We had two losses. Mike Currier scored the first three times he touched the ball, and took a 21-0 lead early. We added a 49-yard Carter-to-Christian TD late and wound up winning 28-13.

Excuse an old man his ramblings, tu21, and make some memories of your own. War Eagle!

tu21, consider yourself very fortunate.  I was undergrad at Auburn for the 64-68 seasons.  I think the best record we had was 6-4 during that time.  Those were the five straight times we lost to bama in the 60s.  (We beat them in 63, 69 and 70, as all of you know.  We had them beaten in 67 and were close in 68, but . . .

It was wonderful anyway.  I was in Legion Field in 64 when we beat Tennessee 3-0 on Don Lewis' then-record 49 yard FG.  That game was a magnificent punting duel between Ron Widby of Tennessee and Jon Kilgore, one of the best punters in AU history.  The BAmaham News still talks at times about the Johnny Cain-Beattie Feathers punting duel of 1932, but Kilgore-Widby was just as good.  Tennessee was still running the single wing then.  They switched to the T in '66.  The game was a tie in '65, when the officials failed to call a safety that we earned.  UT stomped us in 66, 28-0, and beat us again in Knoxville in '67.  In 1968, we switched the schedule up and played UT in November, in order to have a doubleheader at Legion Field.  (Can you imagine?)  bama played LSU in the afternoon, and we played UT that night.  They were undefeated and in the top 10.  We had two losses.  Mike Currier scored the first three times he touched the ball, and took a 21-0 lead early.  We added a 49-yard Carter-to-Christian TD late and wound up winning 28-13.

Excuse an old man his ramblings, tu21, and make some memories of your own.  War Eagle!

126969[/snapback]

I wasn't even born yet for that '64 game,but I've heard of those legendary double headers at Legion Field. It seems as though no one could believe such a thing even happened, so I love telling folks about it. It's good that old folks ramble on, cause I hope to be one of those guys down the road, talking about such great years that I was on the Plains and saw Bo Jackson, Tracy Rocker, Kurt Crain, etc... all while Coach Pat Dye stalked the side line. I had season tickets for the '93 season and I'm glad we've had another 11-0 regular season . Here's go making it 12-0 by beating UT!

War Damn Eagle!

Telling stories keeps you young and your memories alive...I never tire of talking about the '89 Iron Bowl, the '89 Florida game (saved our season, imo) or the '90 FSU game...or even the '90 Tennessee game, even though it ended in a tie.

All I can say is WELL PUT! I want so bad to get back to the Auburn area. My wife has'nt decided to make that leap back to Alabama. Growing up in South Carolina, my childhood dreams had nothing to do with Auburn. I envisioned a day when I would finish college at Clemson. But following high school, I decided to serve my country in the U.S. Army. During my last six months of duty, I began to look at which school I would attend when I left the service. Of course, Clemson was on that list. But my wife, who is from Dothan, told me about Auburn, and that she had some friends who finished there. I had been a childhood fan of Bo Jackson, so I knew about Auburn as a great football school. So, I took a trip to the Plains. And the rest is history. I dreamed of running down the "Hill" in Death Valley as a kid. My entire family is die hard Clemson Tigers. Those dreams became distant memories after I came to Auburn. That place makes me smile. It gives me a sense of pride and whole heartedness. I will one day return as a resident of the state of Alabama.

And though my freshman year was a grand one (1993), I can say that this season tops them all for me. We may not get a shot @ the National Title Game, but boy are we gonna give them hell for a system that stinks. Let's beat the sox off the Vols, and set our sites on a 13-0 season, and who knows. With an impressive bowl win, we may still get a share of what this team has worked so hard for. But even if we don't............................................... WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Thank you Lord for allowing me to see the Plains, and see it in all it's glory!

All I can say is WELL PUT! I want so bad to get back to the Auburn area. My wife has'nt decided to make that leap back to Alabama. Growing up in South Carolina, my childhood dreams had nothing to do with Auburn. I envisioned a day when I would finish college at Clemson. But following high school, I decided to serve my country in the U.S. Army. During my last six months of duty, I began to look at which school I would attend when I left the service. Of course, Clemson was on that list. But my wife, who is from Dothan, told me about Auburn, and that she had some friends who finished there. I had been a childhood fan of Bo Jackson, so I knew about Auburn as a great football school. So, I took a trip to the Plains. And the rest is history. I dreamed of running down the "Hill" in Death Valley as a kid. My entire family is die hard Clemson Tigers. Those dreams became distant memories after I came to Auburn. That place makes me smile. It gives me a sense of pride and whole heartedness. I will one day return as a resident of the state of Alabama.

And though my freshman year was a grand one (1993), I can say that this season tops them all for me. We may not get a shot @ the National Title Game, but boy are we gonna give them hell for a system that stinks. Let's beat the sox off the Vols, and set our sites on a 13-0 season, and who knows. With an impressive bowl win, we may still get a share of what this team has worked so hard for. But even if we don't...............................................  WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Thank you Lord for allowing me to see the Plains, and see it in all it's glory!

126976[/snapback]

What autigeremt says hits me where I live. I grew up knowing very little of the Auburn Tigers. Granted, I had better sense than to want to go to CLEMSON, for Christ's sake, but I understand.

What I think he means, and I understand, is that no matter where you come from, once you set foot on the Plains, you are forever changed - thank God.

War Damn Eagle!!!!!!

Right on the money. And besides, I grew up 15 minutes from Clemson University, so you can understand my feelings. And they had a good program there when Danny Ford was the coach. But you are right on the money.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I just wanna take a minute to say I can't believe we are 11-0. This has been a magical season. I always have dreamed of going to school @ Auburn.. I finally got down here and got a great job that I thank god for. I love Auburn more than anything. I seriously get tears a lot when I think of Auburn.  Heck.. I go to school @ Auburn, and I got a great job.. What more can I ask for? I guess Auburn going 11-0 in my first year @ Auburn is just a bonus. I hope I never leave Auburn..

WAR DAMN EAGLE

126828[/snapback]

Thanks, TU. I couldn't have said it any better.

Auburn isn't about mythical national championships...and those who can't understand that don't understand Auburn. Those of us who do, are a little bit better for it...

Archived