Jeff Sagarin

SCWarEagle

Here's my E-Mail to him. What follows is his reply.

Jeff, I hate to tell you this, but your "scientific" poll completely sucks. And you personally are a big part of the reason we have so much controversy in deciding a National Champion in college football. When people say "The BCS sucks" what they are really saying is "Jeff Sagarin sucks." I just thought someone should tell you.

If you have any decency whatsoever, you will CEASE AND DESIST from producing any more of these so called rankings immediately. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that your intentions are noble, but your results are clearly just not indicative of the reality in the college football world. Statistics do not tell the whole story, and there are just too many intangibles that simply can't be converted into some number for you to factor into your complicated calculations.

Please do college football a huge favor and recuse yourself from publishing any more of these rankings and renounce the validity of any that you have published in the past. Believe me, its the honorable thing to do.

J. Evans

Charleston, SC

Here's his response:

"I'll give my opinion of you: You're an arrogant pompous ass. "

Nice. I guess I was a little rude to him, but I was frustrated. Anyway, it made my day.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
whats the sumabitchs' email address?....you were way too nice to him......i can be much more colorful

126880[/snapback]

tombigbee...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post what you are going to write him!!!!!!

You have such a wonderful, peaceful and tactful way with your words and I would love to see what you come up with!!!!

I sent him a letter and haven't gotten any response

For the sake of college football, shut down your ridiculous poll.

Good god, if I wanted to make a bigger piece of **** I would just eat a burrito from Taco Bell and give it 20 minutes.

Sadly, I am not even a fan of any team within the hunt for the NC but just can't stand to see teams get slapped by computer idiots who give off ridiculous results.

Thanks,

Everyone who is a fan of College Football

I got a response!

What's really sad is that your life is so desolate that

you feel the need to write such a letter to someone you

don't even know.  Perhaps you should reconsider and buy

that burrito at Taco Bell.

if people from Auburn and the SEC keep sending him these kind of emails, do you think that he will change his mind about anything? I know his computer is crap, but we can't really do anything about it. There are many that think the same way he does about the SEC and Auburn, but this is not the way to fix that. It just makes us look like idiots.

if people from Auburn and the SEC keep sending him these kind of emails, do you think that he will change his mind about anything? I know his computer is crap, but we can't really do anything about it. There are many that think the same way he does about the SEC and Auburn, but this is not the way to fix that. It just makes us look like idiots.

126938[/snapback]

GET OVER IT!!!!! Who cares what this moron thinks!!!!

Everyone...please keep posting the letters and response...this is freaking great!!!!!

126938[/snapback]

GET OVER IT!!!!! Who cares what this moron thinks!!!!

Everyone...please keep posting the letters and response...this is freaking great!!!!!

126940[/snapback]

i think that its pretty funny...but its not helping anything.

Here's my E-Mail to him. What follows is his reply.

Here's his response:

"I'll give my opinion of you:  You're an arrogant pompous ass. "

Nice. I guess I was a little rude to him, but I was frustrated. Anyway, it made my day.

126877[/snapback]

Should've replied:

"Did your computer write that one"

I got a response!

126932[/snapback]

What's sadder yet is that Sagarin apparently has nothing to do with his time that keeps him from ANSWERING these E-Mails from people he doesn't even know.

I got a response!

126932[/snapback]

What's sadder yet is that Sagarin apparently has nothing to do with his time that keeps him from ANSWERING these E-Mails from people he doesn't even know.

126943[/snapback]

the worst part about it is that he gets paid to do this crap.

Told me in italian to s$#t in my hand and hit myself

126946[/snapback]

Holy Crap.......I nearly choked on my Burrito......Freakin' Hilarious. I'm still laughin'. I know that emailing won't help us in his rankings, b/c he has it in his mind (computer's mind) that the SEC is horrible. But, he thinks that because Maine beat MSU? Apparently he didn't read about the game. When you have, what, Five Turnovers in the Redzone anyone will be beaten. Even his Mighty Sooners would be beaten by the 4th best team in Alabama..... :puke::ua: . I've said this from day one of the BCS.........One vs Three, Two vs Four, then One More Bowl Game. Call it the Championship Bowl (One vs Two).

OMG! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!

What a pompous jackass!

126991[/snapback]

No, according to the Sagarin personal rankings, I am the No. 1 arrogant pompous ass - no matter what the coaches and sportswriters say, and no one will EVER be able to take that away from me.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!

OMG! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!

What a pompous jackass!

126991[/snapback]

No, according to the Sagarin personal rankings, I am the No. 1 arrogant pompous ass - no matter what the coaches and sportswriters say, and no one will EVER be able to take that away from me.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!

127005[/snapback]

You pompous ass! ;)

That should be your new byline under your avatar. :D

Archived