***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

On 11/19/2016 at 6:39 PM, JDUBB4AU said:

Wouldn't this depend on who AU brings in as OC after Lashlee leaves ? AU can get a good qb with a good oc/qb coach 

If Lashlee leaves, it will probably be too late for Stidham's choice. And Gus just loves to take his time waiting to hire someone that could attract recruits at the end of a season.

16 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

If Lashlee leaves, it will probably be too late for Stidham's choice. And Gus just loves to take his time waiting to hire someone that could attract recruits at the end of a season.

Do you have an example of this?

50 minutes ago, alexava said:

Do you have an example of this?

Last year when Gus Waited until after the bowl game to introduce Steele... I wasn't saying he takes a long time to announce things (other than starting QBs). I was making the point that if Stidham wants to enroll in January, he will announce early to mid December most likely and since we appear to back on the way to a bowl game that will be played Dec31 or Jan1, I am just assuming we won't hear anything about an OC until then. So we will most likely miss getting the chance to woo Stidham with a new OC. That's all I was trying to say.

55 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

Last year when Gus Waited until after the bowl game to introduce Steele... I wasn't saying he takes a long time to announce things (other than starting QBs). I was making the point that if Stidham wants to enroll in January, he will announce early to mid December most likely and since we appear to back on the way to a bowl game that will be played Dec31 or Jan1, I am just assuming we won't hear anything about an OC until then. So we will most likely miss getting the chance to woo Stidham with a new OC. That's all I was trying to say.

Of course this schedule probably applies to any new OC at any school. 

Baylor will be cleaning house but likely after a bowl game and most likely if KB is able to land an OC job....anywhere.. it will not be known immediately and odds of him going to TAMU is about zero. 

I am beginning to think the premise that Stidham will follow KB somewhere is losing credibility if he wants to enroll in January.  JMO 

I saw this mentioned on Saturday and this is now my pipe dream: Kliff Kingsbury gets fired from Texas Tech, Gus pulls him out of Texas to be our OC when Rhett moves on and CKK improves our passing concepts dramatically and at the same time sells a fellow Texas boy in JS in leaving the state to come to AU

Edited by Tiger
  • Like 1

Air raid and power run schemes don't mesh well. Two different philosophies that are too different to be compatible

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I saw this mentioned on Saturday and this is now my pipe dream: Kliff Kingsbury gets fired from Texas Tech, Gus pulls him out of Texas to be our OC when Rhett moves on and CKK improves our passing concepts dramatically and at the same time sells a fellow Texas boy in JS in leaving the state to come to AU

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Air raid and power run schemes don't mesh well. Two different philosophies that are too different to be compatible

I'm inclined to agree, but dual-threat Manziel had the best season of his career with Kingsbury.  And I believe they led the SEC in passing, rushing and scoring.  They haven't finished any better than 9-4 since he left.

WDE!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tiger said:

The issue with going after a head coach is they want to be the head coach. Just like Muschamp, he might leave for the first opportunity. I do however, think CKK could help gus with his passing game and gus could teach CKK a power running game. IT could just be  a perfect match. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

My with limited knowledge of offenses i ask this question: Is this something that could be worked out, meaning is it possible to mesh the two and have the best of both worlds?

10 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

The issue with going after a head coach is they want to be the head coach. Just like Muschamp, he might leave for the first opportunity. I do however, think CKK could help gus with his passing game and gus could teach CKK a power running game. IT could just be  a perfect match. 

You know, I'd disagree with this but after seeing Muschamp actually land a HC job after flopping so bad at UF I can't say that's not a possibility of happening. But I personally (which doesnt mean much) don't see CKK as some hot commodity for a HC job. I don't think anyone except TTU was after him as HC and that was only because TTU needed to bring back the Mike Leach vibes and he was the on-field face of that era for TTU. I could definitely be wrong though.

4 minutes ago, Tiger said:

You know, I'd disagree with this but after seeing Muschamp actually land a HC job after flopping so bad at UF I can't say that's not a possibility of happening. But I personally (which doesnt mean much) don't see CKK as some hot commodity for a HC job. I don't think anyone except TTU was after him as HC and that was only because TTU needed to bring back the Mike Leach vibes and he was the on-field face of that era for TTU. I could definitely be wrong though.

Can you imagine all the women that will be interested in Auburn if CKK comes to Auburn? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I just read his buyout is 17.1 Mil this year and drops to 7.6 Mil after next season.. I am not sure that TTU will be willing to throw that kind of money around. It would def convince Stidham's girl tho haha

3 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

I just read his buyout is 17.1 Mil this year and drops to 7.6 Mil after next season.. I am not sure that TTU will be willing to throw that kind of money around. It would def convince Stidham's girl tho haha

hahaha good point about JS' girl. Damn, I didn't know CKK's buyout was so big. Looks like we'll have to concoct a new hail mary plan then.

How can I convince my employer to pay me a truckload to stop working for them?

Edited by Tiger

5 minutes ago, Tiger said:

hahaha good point about JS' girl. Damn, I didn't know CKK's buyout was so big. Looks like we'll have to concoct a new hail mary plan then

Who else is available other than KB and KK? I asked that somewhere else but it never got answered.

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

Of course this schedule probably applies to any new OC at any school. 

Baylor will be cleaning house but likely after a bowl game and most likely if KB is able to land an OC job....anywhere.. it will not be known immediately and odds of him going to TAMU is about zero. 

I am beginning to think the premise that Stidham will follow KB somewhere is losing credibility if he wants to enroll in January.  JMO 

aTm getting involved with Stidham has made it unlikely.

38 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

Who else is available other than KB and KK? I asked that somewhere else but it never got answered.

The season is not over yet so in many cases that can't be answered with much validity.

4 hours ago, Timeslider 6 said:

My with limited knowledge of offenses i ask this question: Is this something that could be worked out, meaning is it possible to mesh the two and have the best of both worlds?

Limited to the extent that both a pass and a run play cannot be called on the same snap. Somebody has to give in and not get their desired call.

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

Limited to the extent that both a pass and a run play cannot be called on the same snap. Somebody has to give in and not get their desired call.

Not to mention blocking schemes.  We'd have our Oline on toes, then heel, then toes then heels...   

If Lashlee is removed, I think Gus will move fast so he will be able sign Stidham before someone else does. I'm hoping Gus will hire Art or Kendal Briles.

Edited by auburn4ever
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

If Lashlee is removed, I think Gus will move fast so he will be able sign Stidham before someone else does. I'm hoping Gus will hire Art or Kendal Briles.

Very, very unlikely at this point.

6 minutes ago, FASTCOMPANY said:

So what's the likelihood that we actually keep CRL??

Unlikely also. He still plans to move on.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FASTCOMPANY said:

From what I've read on here, this has been known for a while. Hopefully Gus has a 1b, 1c in line, since KBriles is probably a no at this point.

The new OC is already on the staff. IMO.