***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

36 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I honestly don't know that he's going to have a choice... I also don't think his star has diminished outside of the Auburn faithful. The turn-around after game 3 is going to look very good to the mid-majors and lesser teams looking for an infusion of new talent, as is 55-0 with an offense decimated by injuries.

It was the same exact thing so many ppl said after last year. He eventually stayed. We all know gus will not push him out.

Edited by GwillMac6

17 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

36 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

That is an interesting thought.  I don't know that he would come back under Malzahn, but odds are, Craig is going to need a job and I think he would actually be very good coaching QBs.  Wouldn't hurt to have him recruiting them either. Imagine the buzz if, a week or so after the season ends, Rhett leaves, Gus promotes Hand to OC and announced Craig is coming back... then a few days later Narcisse flips back to AU.

Interesting that LSU is looking at Jimbo Fisher and CDC might end up staying at LSU.  I hope not, however, if CDC did return to Auburn (not sure if he and Malzahn could work together) I wonder if he could be Co-OC and passing game coordinator as well as QB coach?

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Interesting that LSU is looking at Jimbo Fisher and CDC might end up staying at LSU.  I hope not, however, if CDC did return to Auburn (not sure if he and Malzahn could work together) I wonder if he could be Co-OC and passing game coordinator as well as QB coach?

Have to be honest, did not really see much from DC coaching wise last year. WR were very average.

• Like 1

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

It was the same exact thing so many ppl said after last year. He eventually stayed. We all know gus will not push it off.

Last year was far from a resume builder for an offensive candidate.  This year Gus set Rhett up perfectly by giving him credit for control right when the team turned it around.

9 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

Have to be honest, did not really see much from DC coaching wise last year. WR were very average.

you hire DC for his recruiting not being a WR coach. He is a QB coach though. that is what he is best at.

9 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

That's because he's a QB coach... I don't see giving him much control over the offense, however.

28 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

you hire DC for his recruiting not being a WR coach. He is a QB coach though. that is what he is best at.

A coach better be able to coach and recruit.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

It's taken me a while, but I'm increasingly convinced that the biggest reasons for WR drops are not the coaching. It's due to our low numbers of passes thrown and receivers going 2-4 weeks without a game catch. WRs improve a lot frequent reps in game situations. 

2 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

That is an interesting thought.  I don't know that he would come back under Malzahn, but odds are, Craig is going to need a job and I think he would actually be very good coaching QBs.  Wouldn't hurt to have him recruiting them either. Imagine the buzz if, a week or so after the season ends, Rhett leaves, Gus promotes Hand to OC and announced Craig is coming back... then a few days later Narcisse flips back to AU.

I'm interested to read what the insiders have to say about the likelihood of CDC working for CGM again.  If memory serves words like "never" were used.

Would be nice, though.

WDE!

4 minutes ago, MadtownTiger said:

I'm interested to read what the insiders have to say about the likelihood of CDC working for CGM again.  If memory serves words like "never" were used.

Would be nice, though.

WDE!

Yea... my puzzle solving mind can't help but see a long game.  Craig goes to a SEC team with a coach on the edge so Malzhan can bring in Hand along with a couple of others... give Rhett credit for offensive turn around so that he becomes a commodity as a head coach for a low level Div I team with offensive aspirations... bring back Craig, with no buyout since Miles was fired, after Rhett leaves.

Edited by lionheartkc

37 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Yea... my puzzle solving mind can't help but see a long game.  Craig goes to a SEC team with a coach on the edge so Malzhan can bring in Hand along with a couple of others... give Rhett credit for offensive turn around so that he becomes a commodity as a head coach for a low level Div I team with offensive aspirations... bring back Craig, with no buyout since Miles was fired, after Rhett leaves.

I hope the football gods read this board.  I would be thrilled to see Dameyune back in orange and blue.

WDE!

On 11/21/2016 at 10:52 AM, MadtownTiger said:

I'm inclined to agree, but dual-threat Manziel had the best season of his career with Kingsbury.  And I believe they led the SEC in passing, rushing and scoring.  They haven't finished any better than 9-4 since he left.

WDE!

Not happening.

2 hours ago, MadtownTiger said:

Would be nice, though.

WDE!

Wouldn't bet on it but never say never

4 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

A4E with the haymakers!

Did he recruit Roc Thomas and is the lead recruiter for Joey Gatewood? Some of you are so emotional you make it seem as the man just comes to work and does nothing but sit in a corner.  He has little SW leading the league in a few statistical categories but he can't coach? 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Did he recruit Roc Thomas and is the lead recruiter for Joey Gatewood? Some of you are so emotional you make it seem as the man just comes to work and does nothing but sit in a corner.  He has little SW leading the league in a few statistical categories but he can't coach? 

Why in the heck are you quoting my jokeful banter with serious crap ??

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Herb is a awesome recruiter so I am fine with him being the OC. But yes the single most important thing if lashlee leaves is hiring a dynamic QB coach who is a great recruiter. this will be the single most important hire gus has had to make up to this point. We have got to stop the bleeding at qb recruiting.

Being an awesome recruiter does not necessarily mean a person will be a good OC. Just Sayin.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

It was the same exact thing so many ppl said after last year. He eventually stayed. We all know gus will not push him out.

Yes he may end up staying but FTR there was no where near close to this much talk from connected people last year that he would leave.

6 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

A4E with the haymakers!

He always throws haymakers. They usually either miss or are hitting a beaten horse.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MadtownTiger said:

Would be nice, though.

WDE!

Given how much they don't see eye to eye now it would be straight up shockig.

1 hour ago, SumterAubie said:

I just spit up in my mouth. 

So, you are unhappy with the way Herb Hand developed the offensive line this season?