Coaching carousel and rumors,,,,

Tigermike

South Carolina

Could it be possible that Bill Oliver would come out of retirement to be defensive coordinator for Steve Spurrier at SC?

Utah

Will Urban Meyer leave Utah for the Florida job? Meyer says no, but money talks.

LSU, Cleveland Browns, Florida

It looks as if Butch Davis will be fired as head coach of the Cleveland Browns. Rumors are flying that Nick Saban could possibility be his replacement. Saban is from Ohio and coached with the Browns before going to Michigan St. That along with the LSU fans getting under his skin this year could send him to Cleveland. But would he go? All indications are that he would stay at LSU. But who knows, money talks and BS walks.

That brings up Butch Davis. I think he will be back in college coaching at some point, but most coaches sit out a year or two before coming back. Could Davis even end up at Florida?

I wonder if Larry Blakeney's name is on any major school's radar. He's done a heckuva job at Troy, and certainly has experience with a major program. The Ramsay deal is 13 years in the past now.

Stanfords coach is out too.

Saban's kids are still in school in red stick. would not be surprised if he stays until they are out. At least that what Finescum is saying.

Guest Tigrinum Major
Yeah, I think Butch Davis is a lock at Florida...

He came from Miami, knows how to recruit...I think he is a Gator!

127579[/snapback]

I agree. Going from Miami to UF might seem strange, but Pitino made the move from UK to Louisville. War and college football makes for strange bedfellows.

Based on the other news of Ty Will getting the boot at ND, I think Urban Myers heads to South Bend.

Finescum made an interesting comment last week, something along the lines of Shula was hired as an "interim" and that the plan is to get rid of him after next year and bring in a high caliber coach. My question is, if this is true, who would want that crummy job? Maybe they can call ND and ask how to handle the head coaching position and provide some stability for the program...

Anyone else out there wondering when Mike Price will get another shot at a major program. 8-3 or 9-2 or whatever he rang up at UTEP is pretty damn impressive. Maybe Malfunction Moore will give him a second chance...

South Carolina

Could it be possible that Bill Oliver would come out of retirement to be defensive coordinator for Steve Spurrier at SC?

Utah

Will Urban Meyer leave Utah for the Florida job?  Meyer says no, but money talks.

LSU, Cleveland Browns, Florida

That along with the LSU fans getting under his skin this year could send him to Cleveland. 

127525[/snapback]

Do you have a link to this? I haven't heard anything about issues bewteen LSU fans and Saban.

Nope no link, just things I have heard in different places. There are a good many LSU fans who thought there would be no drop off from last year. There was also some sort of issue with fans, writers, radio talk in Louisiana and Saban being upset about it. Second guessing, ??? I don't remember the specifics.

Also take a look at the thread title: "Coaching carousel and rumors,,,,"

He is probably talking about some comments Saban made. He was mad because LSU fans had enough nerve to tell him to "Keep his chin up" after he lost back to back games this year. He jumped on the medias butt saying his chin is up and don't know why people are telling him that. Saban is a great coach but he tends to complain when things are not going his way and people are questioning his decisions. Like leaving our starting center in the last play of the game against Vandy. Season ending knee surgery or the way he handled the QB situtation. He also was pissed at the booes he heard from LSU fans at halftime of the Troy st. game. LSU offense played like cr@p 80% of the year and some people feel the need to boo. It happens everywhere. I don't agree with it but he will get booed off the field in the pros if his offenses stink like ours did this year. Anyway just clearing up what he was saying from an LSU fans.

Guest Tigrinum Major
Nope no link, just things I have heard in different places.  There are a good many LSU fans who thought there would be no drop off from last year.  There was also some sort of issue with fans, writers, radio talk in Louisiana and Saban being upset about it.   Second guessing, ??? I don't remember the specifics.

Also take a look at the thread title: "Coaching carousel and rumors,,,,"

127600[/snapback]

There was griping by Saban at the first of the year over people second guessing his playing of the two quarterbacks...

Archived