AU vs. ETSU

0-0 T-4. Runners on 1st and 3rd for Auburn in the bottom of the third with one out ends in zilch. Grier was out at home on a failed squeeze attempt. It's early in the year, but our failed executions in small ball situations is beginning to wear on me.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haecker leads off B4 with a single. AU has had the leadoff man on base every inning thus far. Daniel Robert grounds out, runner moves to second

Burgreen walks. 1st and 2nd now for Blake Austin. Apologize for the updates coming in spurts. At the park with a low phone battery so conserving as much as I can.

Burgreen singled to left field. Haecker was sent home on the play and thrown out. Then Blake Logan came through with an RBI double in the left center gap, scoring 2. 2-0 Tigers with 2 outs

Bottom 5 now. Keegan with a lot of low stress pitches this afternoon. Haven't been keeping up with a pitch count but Id be willing to bet it's in that 50-60 range. Plenty of gas for at least 2 more.

Tella with an infield single in the 5.5 hole. SS didn't have time to get Ryan. Immediately followed by a twin killing. T6 time. 2-0 Tigers

Bottom 5 now. Keegan with a lot of low stress pitches this afternoon. Haven't been keeping up with a pitch count but Id be willing to bet it's in that 50-60 range. Plenty of gas for at least 2 more.

Back out for the sixth

I will say from a visual perspective that so far this afternoon AU is having less pop outs and more hard hit grounders/line drives. Nice to see after last night had me reminiscing about my wedge shots

Sac fly to Shaffer in LF. Threw a good ball in, but just not in time. 2-1. 2 outs, runner on first. Next batter: ETSU thrown out trying to steal second. Stretch time.

Archived