AU Presby ...game

OK golf...checked the rule.

Major college players are eligible for the draft if they have finished their junior or senior years or will turn 21 years old no later than 45 days after the draft. High school graduates also are eligible if they have not started college. The effect of this rule is to allow elite high school players to turn pro immediately, while ensuring college teams have some measure of continuity with 3-year commitments. If a player enrolls at a 2-year college, he is eligible for the draft at any time.

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/list_6739046_college-baseball-draft-rules.html#ixzz2ulakjJ5J

Sol...looks like we have our frosh for at least 3 years.....that's good news.

mickey, this team does have talent. they were one out away from a regional appearance last year.

I suppose that depends on your definition of "talent". The most talented team Pawloski coached here was his first and as Slater's recruits gradually left our talent level fell off the edge. I hope Sonny can recruit because it's going to take a bunch of 'crootin' to get the AU team's talent level up to SEC standards.

Being a win away from BEING CONSIDERED for a regional is not being one win away from a regional. Our 13-17 conference record and absolutely abysmal RPI made it very, very unlikely that last year's team gets invited to post season play. I doubt that three more wins would have got us in.

mickey, this team does have talent. they were one out away from a regional appearance last year.

I suppose that depends on your definition of "talent". The most talented team Pawloski coached here was his first and as Slater's recruits gradually left our talent level fell off the edge. I hope Sonny can recruit because it's going to take a bunch of 'crootin' to get the AU team's talent level up to SEC standards.

Being a win away from BEING CONSIDERED for a regional is not being one win away from a regional. Our 13-17 conference record and absolutely abysmal RPI made it very, very unlikely that last year's team gets invited to post season play. I doubt that three more wins would have got us in.

I will say that this team actually was an out away from a regional. The committee did consider Auburn last year. We were actually one of the first 4 teams left out I believe, so a win over Florida and maybe a win over Alabama in the conference tourney may have done it. The talent level is not all the way there, I agree, but it should be enough to field a good team. I believe this team will be good, but they may take another week or two to really start looking like a good team. Hitting is coming around, just need to string some back to back hits together.

Archived