Really... C'mon Saban just let it go....

1TexasTiger

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10616086/alabama-crimson-tide-open-spring-practice-search-quarterback

Found this video on the "O so beloved website"

The argument he is stating is, "exposure is the problem." I don't want to focus on the HUNH because that's been beat to death. But now he is asserting that dual threats quarterbacks have more exposure than pro quarterbacks, and the problem with a dual threat QB is if said QB get's injured because of "exposure" would the next guy have the same level of talent to run the offense the same way. Hmmmm!!!! Isn't that the problem with any STARTER vs BACKUP? Sad!!!! Pollack just laps it up like milk in a bowl.

Isn't it considerate of him to worry about our QB and our offensive success... <_<

I thought it was to protect the defensive players' safety...or to let the officials get set....or "We don't need no stinkin' football evidence, we got tobacco stats!",

--when all along he was just concerned for the health and success of Nick Marshall, Gus Malzahn, and HUNH offenses. ;)

But I'll give him one thing:

A QB who mostly stands behind a stockyard full of beef that are holding the DL, just to hand off the ball and game manage, probably isn't as likely to get hurt as a QB with real talent and skills who will beat you with his feet or his arm if need be while driving the unstoppable Gus Bus.

Not to mention that while Nick is desperately looking to find someone that can start, we have a proven starter AND a proven back-up who will likely start when NM leaves, with several other highly ranked QB's in the pipeline.

"When i was asked to go to Indianapolis..."

Total BS. He asked for time before the committee and no one else was allowed to counter.

Guest jojo1515

Isn't it considerate of him to worry about our QB and our offensive success... <_</>

I thought it was to protect the defensive players' safety...or to let the officials get set....or "We don't need no stinkin' football evidence, we got tobacco stats!",

--when all along he was just concerned for the health and success of Nick Marshall, Gus Malzahn, and HUNH offenses. ;)/>

A QB who mostly stands behind a stockyard full of beef that are holding the DL, just to hand off the ball and game manage, probably isn't as likely to get hurt as a QB with real talent and skills who will beat you with his feet or his arm if need be while driving the unstoppable Gus Bus.

Not to mention that while Nick is desperately looking to find someone that can start, we have a proven starter AND a proven back-up who will likely start when NM leaves, with several other highly ranked QB's in the pipeline.

You gave him.the wrong thing....A QB that cant evade a rush and constantly gets hit full speed in the pocket suffers more exposures to the head (and worse ones) than the one who gets tackled by a shoe string running away

Total BS. He asked for time before the committee and no one else was allowed to counter.

:roflol: I chuckled at that one too.

Reminded me of that Pinocchio ad on t.v, where he's a motivational speaker, in a room full of losers.

Oh boy...

:roflol: I chuckled at that one too.

Reminded me of that Pinocchio ad on t.v, where he's a motivational speaker, in a room full of losers.

Oh boy...

Same here, but you said so much better than i ever could...

We need someone to do a Pinocchio video to this crap....

Isn't it considerate of him to worry about our QB and our offensive success... <_</>

--when all along he was just concerned for the health and success of Nick Marshall, Gus Malzahn, and HUNH offenses. ;)/>

You gave him.the wrong thing....A QB that cant evade a rush and constantly gets hit full speed in the pocket suffers more exposures to the head (and worse ones) than the one who gets tackled by a shoe string running away

Bingo

Bingo

Yep...I watch all the Panther's games and Cam is definitely in more danger when he drops back to pass than when he runs with the ball. He's been blind-sided who knows how many times and gotten plenty of head shots while standing back and surveying the field. Of course, he is about all the Panthers have and I suspect there is still a "bonus" awaiting anyone who can get him out of a game.

Meanwhile you might want to get an opinion from McElroy about how safe it is to stand behind the Bama OL.

I don't know who disgusts me more in that interview, nickie or pollack.

I mean the way pollack stands there and not once but twice says: "Take it from a former player, the more plays, the more chance of an injury"

OK then lower the game clock to 12 minutes per quarter. It's like everyone in the country knows what nickie is up to (even some of the bammers) except for pollack. Oh yes, take it from a former player this is all about player safety.

I mean the way pollack stands there and not once but twice says: "Take it from a former player, the more plays, the more chance of an injury"

OK then lower the game clock to 12 minutes per quarter. It's like everyone in the country knows what nickie is up to (even some of the bammers) except for pollack. Oh yes, take it from a former player this is all about player safety.

Wasn't it Pollack that implied (maybe actually stated) that AU was cheating with the quick plays and that little toss that Nick made to Sammie for the TD against Bama? He never mentioned safety at that time.....just that the offense had an unfair advantage....as if nobody should be allowed to take advantage of the weaknesses in Nick's defensive schemes.

When John McKay put the tailback 7 yards deep there were people who originally said it wouldn't work, then when it was so successful, people said it wasn't fair.

Before that there was Knute Rockne and the forward pass. We could go on and on but the bottom line is: Gus is evolving the game of football, I just hope the NCAA let's it continue to evolve!!

When John McKay put the tailback 7 yards deep there were people who originally said it wouldn't work, then when it was so successful, people said it wasn't fair.

Before that there was Knute Rockne and the forward pass. We could go on and on but the bottom line is: Gus is evolving the game of football, I just hope the NCAA let's it continue to evolve!!

Sounds familiar. "High school, gimmick offense won't work in the SEC" has become "It's unsafe for our players." :rolleyes:

the tv networks love the ratings these games bring. They pay mucho dinero to broadcast these games. It is not going to go away.

the tv networks love the ratings these games bring. They pay mucho dinero to broadcast these games. It is not going to go away.

Exactly, they will make sure it is here to stay IMO.

Has Terry picked up the pamphlet for Brice yet?

:Sing: :Sing: :Sing: :Sing: :Sing: :Sing: :Sing: :Sing: :Sing: :Sing:

Pollack just laps it up like milk in a bowl.

Pollack was licking something, but it wasn't milk, and that wasn't a bowl.

^^^This^^^

Archived