Pearl on 680 the Fan this morning

JFDTiger80

Bruce Pearl certainly knows how to get around. He was on 680 the Fan this morning with Steak Shapiro, Brian Finnerin, and Sandra. He was always on the radio with Steak at 790 The Zone when he was at UT. They have a good friendship and his being on the radio is a huge plus to his recruiting the Atlanta area. His personality just reels you in. He is impressive.

He spoke of his NCAA issues, how much he is excited about turning AU basketball around, and his love of teaching kids.

Our Basketball program has been forever changed.

I was thinking about that yesterday. Lot's of hypothetically speakings in this thought, but stick with me: is BP the single biggest hire in the history of Auburn athletics (after Pat Dye)? I mean this absolutely could change basketball's direction here forever.

I believe the hiring has the potential to fundamentally change AU BB for years to come.

Did he mention more about NCAA issues than he did at arena presser.

Yes he did. Steak asked him to talk about it. He spoke of the BBQ event at his house and that he had 3 committed recruits attend which is a violation. Said he should have immediately gone to the NCAA and reported this as a secondary violation. He said he is so thankful for this second chance to coach kids again. He knows what he did was wrong, he owned up to it and is excited to be back.

What kills me and yes I know he lied but these recruits just got some food at a bbq and thats it and the guy gets suspended for three years. ..other schools have had kids caught going on chartered fishing trips and only had to pay back that cost....makes 0 sense

What kills me and yes I know he lied but these recruits just got some food at a bbq and thats it and the guy gets suspended for three years. ..other schools have had kids caught going on chartered fishing trips and only had to pay back that cost....makes 0 sense

Welcome to the wonderful world of the NCAA. Name anything about their rules that makes sense, or their enforcement of them.

Welcome to the wonderful world of the NCAA. Name anything about their rules that makes sense, or their enforcement of them.

Or lack there of. :rolleyes:/>

Apart from the lying side of it (Which is what really got him the show cause) if I'm not mistaken the secondary violation isn't a violation any longer. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I've been hearing.

I have heard that as well, but not sure how true it is.

I think at this point we need to end this thread if there are no more comments concerning his appearance in the radio.

-thank you

Archived