2015 4* DE D'Andre Walker (Georgia signee)

SouthGATiger

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FYI - Keith Niebuhr just CB'd him to UGA today.

dogs already have 4 Defensive Ends this class, and three rank higher than Walker. Not really sure why he would want to get into that

They would not be taking him as a DE. They're recruiting him at OLB.

I am not certain DW can gain the weight needed at DE. I am not saying I don't want him, I do. I just am not sure he is our answer at DE.

There is a ton of talent, some committed and some not, watching the seasons that uGA/UF are having. A least one of them, and maybe both, could see changes to Staff that open the flood gates for us. Ivey, Holland, Cowart/Jefferson (longshots for us either way), Patrick, Thompson etc. would be obviously guys we would/are target(ing).

I'd be shocked to find out they recruited Natrez Patrick as anything other than a 3-4 OLB. In that scheme, you can probably count Chauncey Rivers in that crowd as well. Ledbetter is the only one with the girth generally needed at 3-4 DE. For comparison, Gabe Wright would be an ideal 3-4 DE at around 285.

UGA is also still in the Josh Sweat sweepstakes. Might be a long shot, but they're in his top five.

I'd be shocked to find out they recruited Natrez Patrick as anything other than a 3-4 OLB. In that scheme, you can probably count Chauncey Rivers in that crowd as well. Ledbetter is the only one with the girth generally needed at 3-4 DE. For comparison, Gabe Wright would be an ideal 3-4 DE at around 285.

UGA is also still in the Josh Sweat sweepstakes. Might be a long shot, but they're in his top five.

They're taking Rivers as a DL.

E, if that's true, Chauncey Rivers is raising his hand to redshirt, without question. No way he actually plays DE in that system next year.

E, if that's true, Chauncey Rivers is raising his hand to redshirt, without question. No way he actually plays DE in that system next year.

I don't know. I just know the 247 guys have him committed as a DL and as you astutely pointed out earlier, Natrez Patrick as a LB.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Walker to announce commitment today at U.S. Army All-American.

He'd be a good one to get. Any serious chance here, or can we do some more de-cluttering by moving this topic to the 'Rivals' section?

He'd be a good one to get. Any serious chance here, or can we do some more de-cluttering by moving this topic to the 'Rivals' section?

He gone. What time is the game?

UGA all day.

All I'm hearing is UGA for him.

I do remember when no one was hearing anything about him at all. But it's definitely all UGA.

That would make 3 4-star DEs committed to UGA so far this season vs. 0 to Auburn. DEs just not important this year? Don't we have a pass rush problem?

He gone. What time is the game?

On NBC right now.

Archived