Looking back on baseball

I will give him one more year with the same kids in the same system and the new kids that he recruits. After next year I'll start questioning his coaching.

First of all....no one should assume they know the all the reasons another poster dislikes CSG. One big reason I am not feeling the love has never been discussed here by me, and it won't be mentioned in a public forum by me ever.

As far as CSG....he hasn't gotten us anywhere either, and his record at AU is worse that CJP's at this point. It's way too early to know how how successful CSG will become at AU. His way of coaching this season left AU out of post season play. He needs to prove he can win in the SEC.

1), Above: You've got a secret but you ain't tellin'? Sounds like something we'd hear on the second grade playground. If you're not telling, then best to not even mention it.

2), Above: You're comparing apples and oranges. Pawloski inherited the best stable of power hitters Auburn has ever put on the field at one time. Coach Golloway has inherited a dumpster fire. There's no reasonable way to compare their records at this point in time.

First of all....no one should assume they know the all the reasons another poster dislikes CSG. One big reason I am not feeling the love has never been discussed here by me, and it won't be mentioned in a public forum by me ever.

As far as CSG....he hasn't gotten us anywhere either, and his record at AU is worse that CJP's at this point. It's way too early to know how how successful CSG will become at AU. His way of coaching this season left AU out of post season play. He needs to prove he can win in the SEC.

1), Above: You've got a secret but you ain't tellin'? Sounds like something we'd hear on the second grade playground. If you're not telling, then best to not even mention it.

2), Above: You're comparing apples and oranges. Pawloski inherited the best stable of power hitters Auburn has ever put on the field at one time. Coach Golloway has inherited a dumpster fire. There's no reasonable way to compare their records at this point in time.

As Mikey says. it is good that belle admits she has an agenda. That's fine that she doesn't want to talk about it, but the fact that she does have an underlying motive indicates that her opinions are not based on facts but are tainted by something personal.

I don't know about whether or not Galloway is a great coach or not, but I do know that many of his current players do not like him.

That could be true..but not sure that it matters whether they like him. I think that's often the case in big time sports. After this season a few might move on but from here forward, he will be recruiting his own players and presumably they will know what to expect. The next couple of years will tell the story IMO, and not so much what happened this past season with so little quality depth in pitching.

In case anybody's wondering, the SEC is really good in baseball. Regionals announced today, ten teams from the conference in the field of 64. Five number one's, four number two's and a three. Golloway may need to get better as a third base coach, but he better able to find great talent that he can actually get to Plainsman Park. This is where programs like USC and LSU have set themselves apart.

In case anybody's wondering, the SEC is really good in baseball. Regionals announced today, ten teams from the conference in the field of 64. Five number one's, four number two's and a three. Golloway may need to get better as a third base coach, but he better able to find great talent that he can actually get to Plainsman Park. This is where programs like USC and LSU have set themselves apart.

Much as I respect what Ortman did this year, neither he nor any other AU pitcher could have started for most SEC teams this year....well, maybe the Sunday games.

But after watching just about every game of the SEC tourney last week, I saw how deficient we were in just about every facet of the game.....pitching, team speed, infield play, hitting power, etc. LSU for example has reportedly got commitments from five pitchers who are 90mph or better and Florida has a bunch of frosh that are just terrific.

Sunny has a lot of ground to make up in the coming year.

I have no problem with a coach being bluntly honest with a player, but I believe that should be kept between player and coach or at worse between coach and team it should not be done in public. My Opinion which won't even buy you a cup of coffee at McDonald's.

Everybody seems to agree we need a serious talent infusion and that can be only done through recruiting. If you are a recruit and you see the coach who is recruiting you throw current players under the bus it will probably affect your decision in whether you want to play for that coach. So yes I have a problem with how CSG did things publicly. That said he was that way before he got here and still was able to recruit and his teams did well so he deserves the time to prove himself.

As to the small ball versus big inning argument teams can win both ways depending on the talent you have. Coach has to analyze the talent and decide what is best for that team. Since we didn't have a lot of power hitters this year small ball was probably the right choice, Execution of small ball requires a coach who knows his talent. If you have a player who does not have the wheels to steal a base why send him. The idea behind small ball is to give up an out to move a player into scoring position, Giving up an out on lead base runner defeats the purpose of small ball. That happened to often. I would have liked to CSG back off a little when certain players were on base why throw an out away.

With the talebnt we had this year small ball was best choice but players choices and bad coaching as to who and when to run killed it this year. For those who want to give CSG one more year to prove he can cut the mustard I disagree with that. I have stated why I disagreed with a few things CSG did but his previous record proves he deserver 3-4 years to build the team that he thinks can win at Auburn.

Archived