Braden Smith

RunInRed

Something I always do each week is watch the replay and pay particular attention to the OL. On pass blocking it was impossible to get through Braden. On run blocking he was solid on immediate contact blocks but was just a tad tentative on the second level, however, that is to be expected early with a true Freshman. When he gets more comfortable with all his assignments he is going to be one of those very elite OTs.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His head looks just slightly too small for his body. In a comical way which I would never point out to him personally.

Lol, same thought here.

Disagree with the initial comment -- his head looks perfectly normal on his body, IMO.

But I'm also curious .... If you'd never make a comment like that to him (or anyone, perhaps) in person, why do you not feel the same compunction about posting it publicly online?

Saying his head looks small on his body is really just saying that he is huge. And the "wouldn't say it to his face" sentiment is... once again... really just saying that he is huge. You're not responding to anybody who genuinely has a negative thing to say about Braden Smith.

Sorry if I misread anything, McLoofus. He does look huge. In a good way.

Totally understandable interpretation on your part. And *not* disparaging players and recruits is always the better choice. Hopefully my response came across as the clarification it was meant to be and not a haughty retort. WDE!

:cheers:/>

Well I took it as a pretty haughty...in fact I think Loof and Britt should meet after school to fight! :nanner:/>

I want to get Ben Cleveland in 2016. (OL Stephens County HS - GA) He is a heavy UGA lean, and by heavy I mean 6'08" - 320lbs. Plays baseball and basketball as well. He runs a sub 5.0/40 as well. If we can put him and BS out there...

You wanna make a bet on him running a sub 5.0 40? Cracks me up how all these OL in high school run sub 5 40s, then after 4 years of coaching and weight trsining they run a 5.2. Those freaking college coaches just ruin them!

Something I always do each week is watch the replay and pay particular attention to the OL. On pass blocking it was impossible to get through Braden. On run blocking he was solid on immediate contact blocks but was just a tad tentative on the second level, however, that is to be expected early with a true Freshman. When he gets more comfortable with all his assignments he is going to be one of those very elite OTs.

Agreed

Archived