Braden Smith

RunInRed

His head looks just slightly too small for his body. In a comical way which I would never point out to him personally.

Lol, same thought here.

Disagree with the initial comment -- his head looks perfectly normal on his body, IMO.

But I'm also curious .... If you'd never make a comment like that to him (or anyone, perhaps) in person, why do you not feel the same compunction about posting it publicly online?

Probably because of the following reasons:

1. The person isn't directly, face to face, causing potential pain...being displaced from the situation helps

2. If the person the comment was about were to read it online, it would hurt less if any at all than if it were said in person.

3. He is under a semi anonymous username so even though he says it, the anonymity of the keyboard makes it not affect him as much

4. You know he has heard it before....being built the way he is, I doubt he cares and if he does he can laugh all the way to the bank if he meets even part of his physical capabilities.

In the end, I doubt Smith gives a second thought to what people think about his head size.....

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His head looks just slightly too small for his body. In a comical way which I would never point out to him personally.

Lol, same thought here.

Disagree with the initial comment -- his head looks perfectly normal on his body, IMO.

But I'm also curious .... If you'd never make a comment like that to him (or anyone, perhaps) in person, why do you not feel the same compunction about posting it publicly online?

Saying his head looks small on his body is really just saying that he is huge. And the "wouldn't say it to his face" sentiment is... once again... really just saying that he is huge. You're not responding to anybody who genuinely has a negative thing to say about Braden Smith.

Does Smith project as a tackle or guard?

The scouting report on him, if I remember correctly from recruiting season, is that he project a little better at guard, but that he can play either sufficiently.

Lol, same thought here.

Saying his head looks small on his body is really just saying that he is huge. And the "wouldn't say it to his face" sentiment is... once again... really just saying that he is huge. You're not responding to anybody who genuinely has a negative thing to say about Braden Smith.

Sorry if I misread anything, McLoofus. He does look huge. In a good way.

Oh My Gosh! He's a freshman, so there's every possibility that he's still growing. Most boys don't stop until their early 20's. My son is 20 and he has grown another inch taller during this year.

It is amazing how big some of these kids are. WDE Braden Smith!

Lol, same thought here.

Totally understandable interpretation on your part. And *not* disparaging players and recruits is always the better choice. Hopefully my response came across as the clarification it was meant to be and not a haughty retort. WDE!

Lol, same thought here.

Totally understandable interpretation on your part. And *not* disparaging players and recruits is always the better choice. Hopefully my response came across as the clarification it was meant to be and not a haughty retort. WDE!

:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Lol, same thought here.

Well I took it as a pretty haughty...in fact I think Loof and Britt should meet after school to fight! :nanner:

I want to get Ben Cleveland in 2016. (OL Stephens County HS - GA) He is a heavy UGA lean, and by heavy I mean 6'08" - 320lbs. Plays baseball and basketball as well. He runs a sub 5.0/40 as well. If we can put him and BS out there...

Lol, same thought here.

Well I took it as a pretty haughty...in fact I think Loof and Britt should meet after school to fight! :nanner:

I want to get Ben Cleveland in 2016. (OL Stephens County HS - GA) He is a heavy UGA lean, and by heavy I mean 6'08" - 320lbs. Plays baseball and basketball as well. He runs a sub 5.0/40 as well. If we can put him and BS out there...

Cleveland is getting a lot of talk. He will be one of the highest ranked recruits in the country for 2016.

I'm pretty surprised Braden is being projected as an OG by most articles I have read. Anyone have any insight on why that is? His size screams OT to me (if he is truly 6'6").

I'm pretty surprised Braden is being projected as an OG by most articles I have read. Anyone have any insight on why that is? His size screams OT to me (if he is truly 6'6").

Have you seen his highlights??

Lol, same thought here.

No way, Dixie, I'm much tougher behind a keyboard :)

Yeah, that Cleveland kid has a job waiting for him in the WWE if this football thing doesn't work out. Massive dude, especially to be that kind of athlete.

Nope, does he do a lot of pulling in them or something?

He does. He manhandles those kids!

I just had lunch with Braden at Chipotle on Magnolia! ;) ...Ok not for real... I met a colleague for lunch there today and Braden came in and ate lunch with Myron Burton, Dontavious Russell, Andrew Williams, Nick Ruffin, and few other guys I didn't recognize. All of these guys pass the eyeball test! Coach Russell is putting in work. AW is physically ready to play now and every bit 6'4 250+ (I'm 6'4 270 and he looked bigger than me). He was physically the most impressive of the group until BS walked in. That dude looks like a Rock Em Sock Em Robot! He is going to smash some DLinemen very soon

:nanner:

On another note... there were several female athletes in there as well and let me tell ya... I don't know what sport they play but I'm a fan!!! Im thinking swimmers or soccer players. I need to have a taste for Chipotle more often Ha!!

I just had lunch with Braden at Chipotle on Magnolia! ;)/> ...Ok not for real... I met a colleague for lunch there today and Braden came in and ate lunch with Myron Burton, Dontavious Russell, Andrew Williams, Nick Ruffin, and few other guys I didn't recognize. All of these guys pass the eyeball test! Coach Russell is putting in work. AW is physically ready to play now and every bit 6'4 250+ (I'm 6'4 270 and he looked bigger than me). He was physically the most impressive of the group until BS walked in. That dude looks like a Rock Em Sock Em Robot! He is going to smash some DLinemen very soon

:nanner:/>

On another note... there were several female athletes in there as well and let me tell ya... I don't know what sport they play but I'm a fan!!! Im thinking swimmers or soccer players. I need to have a taste for Chipotle more often Ha!!

Thanks for sharing. Good story.

I just had lunch with Braden at Chipotle on Magnolia! ;) ...Ok not for real... I met a colleague for lunch there today and Braden came in and ate lunch with Myron Burton, Dontavious Russell, Andrew Williams, Nick Ruffin, and few other guys I didn't recognize. All of these guys pass the eyeball test! Coach Russell is putting in work. AW is physically ready to play now and every bit 6'4 250+ (I'm 6'4 270 and he looked bigger than me). He was physically the most impressive of the group until BS walked in. That dude looks like a Rock Em Sock Em Robot! He is going to smash some DLinemen very soon

Pics or it didn't happen! ;D

Pics or it didn't happen! ;D

BigBird Ive never been more tempted to take cell phone pics of student athletes in my life...and I aint talking about our men on the grid iron! :big:

I just had lunch with Braden at Chipotle on Magnolia! ;)/> ...Ok not for real... I met a colleague for lunch there today and Braden came in and ate lunch with Myron Burton, Dontavious Russell, Andrew Williams, Nick Ruffin, and few other guys I didn't recognize. All of these guys pass the eyeball test! Coach Russell is putting in work. AW is physically ready to play now and every bit 6'4 250+ (I'm 6'4 270 and he looked bigger than me). He was physically the most impressive of the group until BS walked in. That dude looks like a Rock Em Sock Em Robot! He is going to smash some DLinemen very soon

:nanner:/>

Pics or it didn't happen! ;D/>

BigBird Ive never been more tempted to take cell phone pics of student athletes in my life...and I aint talking about our men on the grid iron! :big:/>

I do not think there is anything stopping you from taking pics. With cell phones, you can easily James Bond the pics and on one even knows you took them.

On the other hand, the girls would probably like to have their pic taken.

I do not think there is anything stopping you from taking pics. With cell phones, you can easily James Bond the pics and on one even knows you took them.

On the other hand, the girls would probably like TO KNOW THAT THEY ARE ABOUT to have their pic taken.

FTFY

LOL I was thinking the same thing. Ummm yeah people always like to have their picture taken without their knowledge and then have that picture posted to the internet....right?

tackle and guard. He could play both at the same time

he could be a tackle, but he has what you want in a guard. A guard with that size and mobility too is almost unfair

He has great footwork and hands so if we have a need at tackle I think he winds up there.

Archived