Fight On!!

wareaglephil

Ok, so here is my first post on this board. I have been reading all season long and have been pretty impressed with the level of class on this message board. That had nothing to do with my post, but just thought I would say it.

Ok, on with my topic. Yes we got screwed ths year out of the OB. It pains me to think that a team that goes undefeated in the SEC would not get a chance to play for it all. BUT, if a team has to win the title i would much rathar it be USC than OU. I dont know maybe it is the crimson and white (LOL) but I just dont like them. They play in the big 12 for crying out loud. Anyway I just wanted to say that I hope that USC eats OU alive in the Orange Bowl.

Oh yeah, and what do you guys think about Cal being edged out by Texas in the rose bowl?

If a dissapointing year is going to the sugar, then I will be dissapointed any year. WAR EAGLE!

I respectfully disagree. As much as I loathe Sooner fans, I want to see them win. I think they are a superior team to USC, who should have lost to Stanford, Cal, Va Tech, Oregon State, and UCLA.

As much as I hate the sooners I want them to win to get rid of the love fest for the Pac 10. Plus it gives a chance for a split if we can pull off a tuff game against a good V tech team.

Yep. We need OK to win by like 3 and us win by 14. Then we have a shot at a split.

Yeah, I want to see USC go down hard. Of all this BCS crap this season, USC was the one that was given a free pass in the Orange Bowl. The media never questioned USC, just OU and AU. I hope OU wipes the field with USC.

OU's pass defense improved a lot when Antonio Perkins returned from injury and they burned the 'shirt of freshman CB Marcus Walker...their pass defense has been much improved since that point, although it's hard to discern when you're playing Baylor and Colorado to close the season.

When you hold any team to 46 total yards like they did last night against CU, I don't care who it is, you're doing something right.

If I have to pick a team to root for in that game, it will be the Sooners.

I totally agree that there has been a lovefest for USC all season but do you think it has anything to do with last season? They deserved to be playing LSU last year but got bent over even after OU got beatch slapped by K-State. Funny thing is that had OU won that game...which they didn't(beatch slapped again) they could have picked up their NC rings but not their conference championship rings.

I totally agree that there has been a lovefest for USC all season but do you think it has anything to do with last season?  They deserved to be playing LSU last year but got bent over even after OU got beatch slapped by K-State.  Funny thing is that had OU won that game...which they didn't(beatch slapped again) they could have picked up their NC rings but not their conference championship rings.

129446[/snapback]

And that would have been the SECOND chance a Big 12 team could've picked up the NC rings without their conference championship rings. Nebraska didn't even win the the Big 12 North the last time they played for the National Championship. Very sad. And yes, USC hasn't been questioned all year exactly because of what happened last year. The problem is, they didn't lose any, so it would be unfair to drop them. If AU would have started the year at #2 and won every game by one point, you guys would be raising hell if an OU team that started #17 and beat everyone by 21 got put above AU in the final BCS. How can you drop if you don't lose any games? There is going to be a strong chance that we finish the year with three undefeated teams in the top 5. I don't think it will ever happen again, but you can bet the BCS will do something to "fix" it after it's said and done.

The #1 and #2 teams both going wire-to-wire in the polls is unpredecented...literally. It has never happened before. How the BCS can adjust for three teams from major conferences going undefeated, well, I don't know how they can. All the BCS is designed to do is put #1 vs. #2.

The #1 and #2 teams both going wire-to-wire in the polls is unpredecented...literally.  It has never happened before.  How the BCS can adjust for three teams from major conferences going undefeated, well, I don't know how they can.  All the BCS is designed to do is put #1 vs. #2.

129455[/snapback]

I don't know either, but they will try to make some kind of adjustment to save face. In every year that there has been a conflict with a team being left out, they made adjustments. Maybe a "plus one" type of game if this ever happens again, which i doubt. A four team playoff would have been perfect for this year. Although it would never happen for $$$ reasons, it would work for every other reason.

#1 USC vs. #4 Utah in the Rose Bowl

#2 OU vs. #3 AU in the Sugar Bowl

Winners advance to Orange Bowl for the championship.

Let the Fiesta Bowl have the Big 10 and the ACC champs. The Big East doesn't deserve a BCS Bowl spot.

I don't know either, but they will try to make some kind of adjustment to save face.  In every year that there has been a conflict with a team being left out, they made adjustments.  Maybe a "plus one" type of game if this ever happens again, which i doubt.  A four team playoff would have been perfect for this year.  Although it would never happen for $$$ reasons, it would work for every other reason.

#1 USC vs.  #4 Utah in the Rose Bowl

#2 OU vs.  #3 AU in the Sugar Bowl

Let the Fiesta Bowl have the Big 10 and the ACC champs.  The Big East doesn't deserve a BCS Bowl spot.

129457[/snapback]

As much as I hate to agree with a uat fan your right they need the "plus one" when three teams from major conference's go 12-0. I would not feel screwed if we lost to either USC or OU in a game but to just get told oh well we think they earned it more is a F@$KING WRONG!

129455[/snapback]

#1 USC vs. #4 Utah in the Rose Bowl

#2 OU vs. #3 AU in the Sugar Bowl

Let the Fiesta Bowl have the Big 10 and the ACC champs. The Big East doesn't deserve a BCS Bowl spot.

129457[/snapback]

Didn't Tubbs say something to suggest this at one point and time earlier in the year when everyone first started realizing that this was going to happen? All I know is, yes, this year I think we got screwed, but you can't take a 12-0, SEC winning year away from us.

Archived