Sugar Bowl

88Tiger

I had planned to spend the first of the year enjoying New Years and then getting comfortable on my couch and watch the Sugar Bowl. But something happened. AU just won the SEC for the first time in like 15 years and I wasn't enjoying that as much as I should.

I went to the SECCG and had a BLAST. It was a lot of fun and having all the other die-hard, orange and blue clad, fellow AU fans all around just made it all the better.

So I thought and I pondered and suddenly reaced a decision! I had so much fun in Atlanta...why not do the same in New Orleans! I want these guys supported for all they did and accomplished this year. Soooooooooooo I decided to put my money where my mouth is and told the missus to stop with any firther Christmas presents for me...because I just booked a trip to New Orleans complete with air fare!!!!!!

Heck these guys deserve my support. So instead of spending the Sugar Bowl lazily watching the game and flipping channels before and after the game...I decided to spend that night with my wife (no kids) and a few thousand of my closet orange and blue friends...after all WE ARE ALL FAMILY AREN'T WE? I hope more of my AU family do the same!

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can bet that the AU family will be in New Orleans en masse. It's going to be a huge party and plenty of support for the Tigers.

War Eagle!

i'll be there. any of you in nawleans last year on friday before the lsu game??? that was wild, and new year's is just going to be out of hand. we are gonna rock out on bourbon. i hope all of you get down there. the party'll be worth it on its own. the game, the last chance to see jc, caddy, ronnie, carlos, junior, etc. suit up in the orange and blue... that's just going to be incredible. war eagle! beat the hokies!

Just got the confirmation on my reservations! WOOOHOOO!!! New Orleans here I come! :cheer:

I agree that something just didn't feel right on the ride home Saturday night. But thought the same thing.....MAN, We are 12-0 and going to the Sugar Bowl. Remember when that was enough??? I am still dissapointed and still fuming :angry: BUT.....I will be there with all my orange/blue on, even my tiara!

Can't wait.

Sheila

Just checked the student ticket info...another raffle for 3,000 tickets. Each ticket is $75, equal to one season ticket. I knew it would be expensive, but good grief! Sometimes they forget that we're college students. <_<

I bought tickets last week... still lookin for a cheap hotel.  Any suggestions?

129781[/snapback]

Depends on what you mean by cheap? I am staying at the Hilton Riverside. But, if you go to Bigeasy.com or Neworleans.com you might find what you are looking for. Just a couple suggestions. :D

Sheila

129781[/snapback]

Depends on what you mean by cheap? I am staying at the Hilton Riverside. But, if you go to Bigeasy.com or Neworleans.com you might find what you are looking for. Just a couple suggestions. :D

Sheila

129807[/snapback]

Cheap as in... I'm in grad school. Haha. I'd like to keep it around 100. Ive found one for 89 but its not really near anything. Looks like all of them want you to stay at least 3 nights, and if not they want you to fork over 200+ for a night. How is the cab service down there? I know they have it, but is it cheap enough to where I can stay at a hotel further away from the Superdome and the French Quarter?

My lovelly Bride has agreed to allow jaydubb and me to make the last road trip of

the '04 Season. It will be a heck of a party. I feel that I owe it to these Seniors and this TEAM to be there to give 'em all the support I can muster.

Can't wait...WAR EAGLE....Another Championship to be won...O N E at a time. :au:

Just checked the student ticket info...another raffle for 3,000 tickets.  Each ticket is $75, equal to one season ticket.  I knew it would be expensive, but good grief!  Sometimes they forget that we're college students.  <_<

129805[/snapback]

You may not get the chance to see Auburn play in a bowl game with an undefeated record for the rest of your life. If you have the chance to get a ticket for less than $200, you'd better go. You'll regret it if you don't! Besides that, it's a chance for a roadtrip around New Years.

Check out Preservation Hall one night while you're there. One block off Bourbon Street on St. Louis (I think). Best live music you'll ever hear.

WDE

Guest Tigrinum Major

129781[/snapback]

Sheila

129807[/snapback]

Cheap as in... I'm in grad school. Haha. I'd like to keep it around 100. Ive found one for 89 but its not really near anything. Looks like all of them want you to stay at least 3 nights, and if not they want you to fork over 200+ for a night. How is the cab service down there? I know they have it, but is it cheap enough to where I can stay at a hotel further away from the Superdome and the French Quarter?

129846[/snapback]

Be careful.. My wife and I stayed in a hotel that was less expensive in the Tulane area and it wasn't in a geat neighborhood. Be prepared to pay about 20 bucks for a cab and be stuck in traffic.

129781[/snapback]

Just do what my daughter does put it on your tiger club and tell your dad it was a textbook :)

129781[/snapback]

Just do what my daughter does put it on your tiger club and tell your dad it was a textbook :)

130101[/snapback]

Smart girl! I thought kids had stopped doing that when my youngest graduated. :)

129781[/snapback]

I stayed at a cheap place in N.O. many years ago. I had gotten off ship in Long Beach, Ca. and was taking a bus home to Birmingham. I was very tired but broke as we got into N.O. late one night. I actually stayed at this place free. It was called the Seaman's Mission :D

Just checked the student ticket info...another raffle for 3,000 tickets.  Each ticket is $75, equal to one season ticket.  I knew it would be expensive, but good grief!  Sometimes they forget that we're college students.  <_<

129805[/snapback]

Regular price on the Orange Bowl tickets was $150.

Archived