Arkansas Article with Bielema Quote

AU Is Gold

http://arkansasnews....ing-busted-play

He says the Hurry Up offense causes issues to player safety, but here he is all about going after an opposing player's injury. Hypocritical Idiot. Btw, if this has already been discussed feel free to delete it.

3. Arkansas Boxers: Bielema said Monday his defense, which was carved up by Auburn in the opener last Saturday, needs to take on a boxer’s mentality.

“When you’re a boxer and you see someone bleed, you want to go after that cut eye,” Bielema said. “I always used to tell players, when you see a guy bleeding — and he doesn’t necessarily need to have blood coming out of him — but if he’s holding his knee or he’s holding his wrist, or he’s bent over, or he’s holding his leg or he’s working his ankle out, go after that baby.

“When I was a wrestler and you’ve got a brace on, I’m going after your (expletive), you know? That’s the mentality I think that we have to establish.”

He's just a whiner and is going to find someone besides himself to blame anytime his team doesn't execute. He's a prime example of unprofessionalism.

I just hate at the end of that video they ripped off our fight song with their #NeverYield crap.... How un-original! What next, Roll Hogs?

I was stunned to find out, when my nephew played linebacker at Yale, to learn a favorite - and apparently not recent - cheer of the Yale Bulldogs is "roooooooll Yale". Austin's granddad, who played for Yale in the early 1950s, says they did it back then too. (!?!)

Gosh this guy sucks.

Yes, Saban and he are allot alike.

I hope you're just trying to illicit a response from BG and not actually serious lol

That's really really strange................

Wow, I mean just wow, I'm speechless.

Like many on here, I know and respect so many people form Arkansas. Just the nicest salt of the earth type folks. How did they get stuck with the Arky Athletic Department? Terrible decision on the Pig Pen; they have to be embarrassed by it!

If he doesn't start winning some conference games pretty dang soon, he'll be making all these dumb statements from the Defensive Coordinator position at a fine JUCO institution or an up and coming semi-pro team from Montana. :) Even Arky doesn't wanna be the doormat for ever.

A large feral boar hog is never kept in a pen. And they never respond to that pig farmer call their fans use.

The SEC made a mistake in not making Arky and USCe change their mascots when they joined 20 years ago. A pig and a chicken for mascots...........unreal.

I get the point he was trying to make, but you don't say that to the media like he said it. What a Tool! He should get a call from the SEC office about those statements.

Bret is probably a dead man walking and Arky is just an add on to justify a championship game. We should be nice to Arky and not hurt their feelings, but that is the truth.

And they are in the rear view mirror.

Bret is probably a dead man walking and Arky is just an add on to justify a championship game. We should be nice to Arky and not hurt their feelings, but that is the truth.

And they are in the rear view mirror.

They can be competitive in the SEC if they get the right man in there who can bring in players that are SEC caliber at all positions. Petrino made them a contender and they have the resources to be competitive. It will require someone other than Bert.

I have never heard a coach tell a player to go after an injury in my life. That's nut. Completely without honor. I've had some mean coaches in my day but that is way over the top. So coach... if I see player with a gimpy Knee go after it? Is that what your saying? I'll tell you this, that statement will come back to haunt him. If I'm Mike Slive I want a public retraction in front of his team.

Archived