Arkansas Article with Bielema Quote

AU Is Gold

I have never heard a coach tell a player to go after an injury in my life. That's nut. Completely without honor. I've had some mean coaches in my day but that is way over the top. So coach... if I see player with a gimpy Knee go after it? Is that what your saying? I'll tell you this, that statement will come back to haunt him. If I'm Mike Slive I want a public retraction in front of his team.

I don't know if other coaches tell you to do this but I have heard numerous ex NFL players say they would go and did go after an injured player to get him out of the game. Mike Golic and Mark Schlereth come to mind right off the bat.

A large feral boar hog is never kept in a pen. And they never respond to that pig farmer call their fans use.

The SEC made a mistake in not making Arky and USCe change their mascots when they joined 20 years ago. A pig and a chicken for mascots...........unreal.

At least South Carolina's is named for a Revolutionary War General.

I have never heard a coach tell a player to go after an injury in my life. That's nut. Completely without honor. I've had some mean coaches in my day but that is way over the top. So coach... if I see player with a gimpy Knee go after it? Is that what your saying? I'll tell you this, that statement will come back to haunt him. If I'm Mike Slive I want a public retraction in front of his team.

There's a fine line here. If a player is slowed by injury, it's smart coaching to attack his position. It's cheap and poor sportsmanship to attack the player hoping to further injure or knock him out of the game. I hope Bert meant the former.

What are the odds that big bret gets fired at the end of this year?

I bet he will get another year no matter how the season ends.

Probably so. The only reason I see him gone is if he loses the team and they give up on him.

Archived