Charter ? on SEC Network online content

ellitor

I have Charter and through charter I get all content on the Watch ESPN App except fpr SEC Network and SEC Network+ content. I even get channels through the app that's not on my cable like Deportes and the Longhorn Network. The SEC Network is on my cable service so I should be getting the service through the Watch ESPN App. I called and they told me today that Charter is not providing any SEC content via the Watch ESPN App. My question is does anybody else have Charter and if you do are you getting SEC Network content through the Watch ESPN App?

Got your PM. I logged on to WatchEspn and found that I was now getting SEC network content. At least, if you consider Finebaum to be real content. Just thought I would let you know.

so whats the trick? charter told me that it's something i'd have to contact the cell phone provider about.

That doesn't sound right. When I have used the ESPN app it only asks what my cable provider is and then allows me access to ESPN3 etc. The network internet access could be via cellular data, public wifi, or home internet. All three could be from difference network. companies. Meaning if I have directv service getting ESPN, but use AT&T DSL Internet at home, use verizon cell data, and stop at a restaurant with public wifi from another ISP it all should work. Try Turning on wifi access for your mobile device at a friends house or public location wifi that does not use charter network and see it it works for ESPN sec. If it does not, ESPN is not giving you mobile access as a charter cable user.

The only reason an Internet ISP would block a site is if they thought it was a bandwidth hog. If they blocked espn3 they would get many complaints.

i'll give that a try. i can use espn, espn 2 etc on my home wifi with no issues.. can use it for those stations on my sprint network as well. just not SECN

Can you see the SEC Network on your tv?

Yes, I can

When you click on an SEC event or the SEC Network through the watch ESPN app are you getting a message like "It appears you are not subscribed to the SEC. Call Charter"

I just tried it and I can see the KY & LSU classic game they are showing right now. Yep, I have Charter.

Wait - that was Watch ESPN on my Laptop, let me check on my iPad.

OK, it's working on there too. Click the down button and chose SEC Network and the same KY-LSU game was on. Seems you may have talked to an idiot.

I just tried it and I can see the KY & LSU classic game they are showing right now. Yep, I have Charter.

OK, it's working on there too. Click the down button and chose SEC Network and the same KY-LSU game was on. Seems you may have talked to an idiot.

Possibly but Charter definitely has some accounts messed up. I'm supposed to be getting the SEC Network via the steps you provided but i'm not.

Possibly but Charter definitely has some accounts messed up. I'm supposed to be getting the SEC Network via the steps you provided but i'm not.

I was referring to them telling you this.....

they told me today that Charter is not providing any SEC content via the Watch ESPN App

They are kinda screwed up. I use the actual Charter App to watch TV when I walk on my treadmill. I can't get it to show channels I pay for and have on my TV's and it has just started like that in the last few weeks. I used to be able to watch them all.

Yes, I can

When you click on an SEC event or the SEC Network through the watch ESPN app are you getting a message like "It appears you are not subscribed to the SEC. Call Charter"

my message is "it appears that your charter subscription does not include SEC. To sign up for SEC or if you believe you have received this message in error call charter

Yes, I can

my message is "it appears that your charter subscription does not include SEC. To sign up for SEC or if you believe you have received this message in error call charter

I was paraphrasing the same message. Even though it's a pain you have to call charter and keep calling them til they fix your account.

Yes, I can

I was paraphrasing the same message. Even though it's a pain you have to call charter and keep calling them til they fix your account.

Ditch charter and get DirecTV. I did 10 years ago and have never regretted it.

i'll keep trying. whats weird is that i get espnews, longhorn network and espnU on the app even though it's not a part of my tv subscription

Same here. I get everything including the Longhorn Network and Deportes and I don't have either on my cable.

Archived