Georgia vs South Carolina

AuCivilEng1

Rivals forum

You should be a moderator. That only took 1 minute. Just kidding. Not really. But I am kidding. Sort of. But I have been drinking!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just want to say (in my best nanny-nanny-boo-boo voice) Georgia's tied with Vaaaaandy, Georgia's tied with Vaaaaandy!! tee-hee, tee-hee... Both 0-1 in the SEC baby!!! Couldn't happen to a better fanbase!!

Sweetest thing about SC win was the awesome replay of the 2013 Iron Bowl during the weather delay in Columbia, sweeter still, Coach Malzahn guesting. GA would say "bad karma." BUT I SAY, "PSYCH! What a God-thing!" Dawgs finally hushed as SC won a pivotal victory. I agree, though, don't sleep on Missouri!

Stop me if you've seen this formula before:

-SEC west team punks highly ranked SEC east team in early season game.

-That SECe team drops precipitously in the polls.

-That SECe team proceeds to beat another highly ranked SECe team.

-Pollsters & media go "hey, maybe the SEC east isn't below average, the SEC west is just phenomenal"?

The "fire Richt" website should be getting a lot of action this week. Can't figure out how to use their all-world RB?

Josh Kendall ‏@JoshatTheState

Steve Spurrier: "I knew we had a good chance to beat them when I heard Finebaum pick them to win by 20 points."

:bow:/>

Three thumbs up!

1) Paul will flip the calls ragging him into more $$$.

2) PERSONAL TAKEAWAY WAS THAT IF YOU RUN BETWEEN THE TACKLES, YOU WILL RUN ALL OVER THE DAWGS...

Hell, USCe doesnt have half the run game Auburn does and ran all over the Dawgs.

Oct 11 @ Mizzou

Oct 18 @ Arkansas

Could UGA be done by Halloween????

Either one of these teams could run all over the thugga D.

I was really surprised South Carolina pulled this game out. I didn't see any of the game beause I had to work. I did catch some of the replay and saw the 4th quarter of the game. South Carolina's defense looked more aggressive.

I was pulling for South Carolina but I picked Georgia to win this game in the Touchdown Auburn Bowl picks because I just didn't think South Carolina's defense would be able to stop Georgia's offense. They made some key stops and Georgia missed a couple of field goals. Then South Carolina went for it on 4th down and was able to get the 1st down to run the clock out.

I wouldn't write off Georgia yet. The East is still wide open.

Yay UGA fans will shut up a bit. Looks like Florida has the keys to the car in the east now. Let's see if they can drive it.

With USCe's loss coming to a western team, they still control their own destiny as well. An with the way Florida looks right now, I'd put my money on the Gamecocks getting to Atlanta.

West SEC losses count the same as an East SEC loss, right? S. Carolina does have the tie breaker with Georgia though.

Steve Spurrier: "I knew we had a good chance to beat them when I heard Finebaum pick them to win by 20 points."

Excuse my rant but I get so tired of this. I understand it's the nature of the beast with 24/7 365 coverage of college football but when will these guys learn? First there was no way A&M could come into Williams Brice & win against the Gamecocks. When they did in convincing fashion all of the sudden USC is so awful they can't compete with the "mighty" Dawgs. It's football in the SEC and can change from one week to the next. Way to call him out Coach Spurrier.

Excuse my rant but I get so tired of this. I understand it's the nature of the beast with 24/7 365 coverage of college football but when will these guys learn? First there was no way A&M could come into Williams Brice & win against the Gamecocks. When they did in convincing fashion all of the sudden USC is so awful they can't compete with the "mighty" Dawgs. It's football in the SEC and can change from one week to the next. Way to call him out Coach Spurrier.

it's just pawl being pawl nothing new there.

Yay UGA fans will shut up a bit. Looks like Florida has the keys to the car in the east now. Let's see if they can drive it.

Nah, not really. I didn't watch the game, so when I heard the score, I was curious what the UGA fans would whine about and blame the loss on. I guess we have our answer. If you ask them, UGA's never been beaten by the other team- only by the refs or the devil himself.

I'm surprised we're not hearing more about Gurley head butting a guy and then throwing a punch... and then South Carolina getting a penalty for it, despite no retaliation.

Nah, not really. I didn't watch the game, so when I heard the score, I was curious what the UGA fans would whine about and blame the loss on. I guess we have our answer. If you ask them, UGA's never been beaten by the other team- only by the refs or the devil himself.

I'm surprised we're not hearing more about Gurley head butting a guy and then throwing a punch... and then South Carolina getting a penalty for it, despite no retaliation.

That was my biggest takeaway from the game. UGA is seriously undisciplined. Two touchdowns called back for holding, then Gurley's classy move after the play.

That was my biggest takeaway from the game. UGA is seriously undisciplined. Two touchdowns called back for holding, then Gurley's classy move after the play.

I'm still waiting for an avalanche of outrage similar to the 4-yr old one still spewing forth over Fairley. Instead, all I've seen is UGA folks saying that USC deserved it because 6 of their players were standing around Gurley. :dunno:

I've really started hating UGA and their fan base a ton lately. Maybe even worse than the Turd fans. I hope Spurrier can muster up a win today so everybody can s*** up about how great UGA is.

I live in GA and I LOVED everything about that game. HAHA. Pure silence in the office today. It was funny when nearly every fricken expert was riding UGA. Why? It was clear to see before the USCe game their secondary was horrible. They got hype b/c of Clemson. Clemson? I'm loving the UGA meltdown right now.

With USCe's loss coming to a western team, they still control their own destiny as well. An with the way Florida looks right now, I'd put my money on the Gamecocks getting to Atlanta.

West SEC losses count the same as an East SEC loss, right? S. Carolina does have the tie breaker with Georgia though.

Yes, all conference losses count.

Isn't division record one of the tie breakers?

I've really started hating UGA and their fan base a ton lately. Maybe even worse than the Turd fans. I hope Spurrier can muster up a win today so everybody can s*** up about how great UGA is.

I live in GA and I LOVED everything about that game. HAHA. Pure silence in the office today. It was funny when nearly every fricken expert was riding UGA. Why? It was clear to see before the USCe game their secondary was horrible. They got hype b/c of Clemson. Clemson? I'm loving the UGA meltdown right now.

Lots of chirping from Camp Mutt during the off season about the Prewitt hire because of what he accomplished with one year of Stoops talent, mind you. Then, lo and behold, they get upended by Fun 'n' Gun-lite yet again in Columbia. Georgia's defense looks average against both the run and pass. They'd better take advantage of this next 3-game tilt to address this if possible.

The QB position looks to have descended back to game-manager status with Mason, and being heavily reliant upon their run game to be effective. Replacing an all-SEC QB sounds easy if it's done on a video game.

UGA fans swallowed a 3,000 mg reality pill Saturday night.

Isn't division record one of the tie breakers?

Yes. I think it is 2nd after head to head.

Archived