***Auburn vs. Mississippi State Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

Gus still learning? Please tell me I didn't just read that.....

We got spoiled last year. We've been stuck watching UAT over there tear things up and their inbred fan base rubbing it in. Now we've seen a talent pool amass in our midst and now piss it away, at least partially.

I still congratulate MSU. Their players and staff knew exactly how to take advantage of our stupid.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what I'm saying. There may be many excuses but saying play calling is still new to him give him time isn't one

Moo State coughed it up four times. That is not a great game. AU gave it to them on a platter. I don't say this to take anything away from them because they're a very good team, but AU is better. We just weren't yesterday.

I can't believe there is still doubt. Miss. St IS the better football team. They turned it over four times and still won in blow out fashion. It was obvious which team has the better QB. When Dak needed to make a big play, he gashed the Auburn defense. Nick's defense gave him two opportunities to tie the game and Marshall couldn't find his open receivers. And say what you want about the run game, it's not nearly as explosive as it was last year. The only thing yesterday's game proved was that the K-State game was not a fluke. The ball's in Gus's court to make the necessary adjustments because the offense is getting a little to predictable.

Everyone knew going in that the winner of the game would go to #1. They wanted it and the team and fans were revved up. They played with intensity and a mission that I didn't think we had. But give them credit for a great game plan and execution. We had our chances and the difference was that we couldn't score touchdowns.

Don't blame the whole loss on the refs.True, we got some crappy calls, but it was at State so what did you think was gonna happen. However, we turned the ball over the first 2 times we had the all so before long, we were down 21-0. There's a lot of blame to go around for that loss.

Let's see....Gus is an idiot and anybody that thinks otherwise is an idiot. We did it last year and now everybody knows our plays. Like all the trick plays we ran in the uat game last year on the final drive. Like the Trey up the middle 43 times in row. How about this....maybe we blocked better last year, and were more consistent with our blocks. State was selling out to stop the outside rush and the short passes to the outside. The middle was the place to attack. And we got beat right there. Gus can't block for Cap or Cory. We have to get better and more consistent on the O line, in my opinion.

Archived