***Auburn vs. Mississippi State Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

MSU played a great game both forcing and capitalizing on Auburn mistakes.

Dak at times looks like Cam.

Our O line hasn't gelled, and at this point I don't think it does.

We have no pass rush. You need a pash rush to win it all.

I highly doubt NM is the best QB on the team when it comes to playing behind this O line.

Best guess on the rest of the season? Barring any positive changes we drop the Ole Miss game and possibly the Iron Bowl. Say what you want, but we don't have the horsepower on the O line needed, and it should be obvious by now the ball isn't going to bounce our way when needed.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really think Roc is our most dangerous back. That guy is a slasher. Hits the hole fast. Slippery. This kid will be scary if he stays healthy. That's a bright spot!

Roc is very scary and that's the main thing I noticed between him and CAP as well Weegle...Roc just blasts through the hole. It looked a lot like last year when Roc was in the game. Just give the kid more carries.

CAP is decent but Roc is the perfect back for this O. I think Gus knows it but doesn't want to throw him in the fire yet. Seems to be building his confidence a little at a time. I believe Roc is the featured back by A&M.

Move CAP to H-Back and let Roc & PB have more carries. CAP is suppose to be a good pass catcher out of the back field, plus he has thew size to block.

He does block well.

CAP is decent but Roc is the perfect back for this O. I think Gus knows it but doesn't want to throw him in the fire yet. Seems to be building his confidence a little at a time. I believe Roc is the featured back by A&M.

He looks ready to me. Only concern I have with him is ball security...as I would have with any true freshman. Other than that...put him in coach!

This loss doesn't bother me as bad as I thought it would. Kinda knew State would play like world beaters. We ain't dead yet. ;D/>

It bothers me. It was the way in which we played the game and how we lost. But hats off to MSU. Hope we can meet them in the playoff this season and even the score.

I was the ONLY person in the ENTIRE score prediction thread to pick MSU. I was mocked.

With that said, I think we will get better because of this game. I was impressed with how we never went away, no matter how ugly it looked.

Not to be a jerk, but do you want a cookie? Congrats you picked us to lose?

I agree I like how we did not go quietly into that good night.

Amen. I didn't predict anything or pump any sunshine. Nor did I gleefully point out that I picked the team I'm supposed to support to lose.

I apologize for coming into your forum, but just wanted to say thank you. I had peeked a few days ago and saw all the posts about the cowbells, etc., and, quite honestly, thought tonight I'd see a lot of posted about being robbed, cheated, etc.

What I see are a lot of posts about admitting defeat and congratulating Mississippi State.

Thank you for playing an awesome game. We all know what happened last year!! I was holding my breath until the clock ran out. And y'all aren't done. And for sure go take care of Alabama!!!!

MSU is strong my man, good luck to yall with Updyke U and OM. The West is a mine field week after week, yall make it through unscathed- you will most definitely deserve your rewards.

I apologize for coming into your forum, but just wanted to say thank you. I had peeked a few days ago and saw all the posts about the cowbells, etc., and, quite honestly, thought tonight I'd see a lot of posted about being robbed, cheated, etc.

What I see are a lot of posts about admitting defeat and congratulating Mississippi State.

Thank you for playing an awesome game. We all know what happened last year!! I was holding my breath until the clock ran out. And y'all aren't done. And for sure go take care of Alabama!!!!

You guys deserved that win. Dak is Heisman worthy! 13 is an animal.

thanks. congrats! after all said and done with all of the ridiculous turnovers, lost chances, penalties, ect. with both sides Miss St. deserved the win.

enjoy but its the west. temper those emotions and thats for everyone!

Move CAP to H-Back and let Roc & PB have more carries. CAP is suppose to be a good pass catcher out of the back field, plus he has thew size to block.

now here's an idea....CAP can't be worse at blocking than Fulse or Uzomah, you might as well give CAP a chance to prove himself to excel at something

now here's an idea....CAP can't be worse at blocking than Fulse or Uzomah, you might as well give CAP a chance to prove himself to excel at something

all we need is another play besides CAP up the middle for -1 yards from a 1st and Goal situation from the 7 and we are good.

He's been play calling for a while. There's nothing else to give him time to learn. He is who he is

Oh everyone can learn, I don't care how long you've been at the job. You are still learning at your job I suppose. If you aren't learning you are moving backwards.

Learning what?! Come on man

play calling. He is one of the best coaches out there, but he seems to be too stubborn sometimes.

I would be willing to bet that, as much of a perfectionist as he is, Gus will watch that game film over and over and scrutinize every single play call and decision. I expect that he will learn more about himself and this team than he did from last weeks film and every aspect of the offense will improve.

Turnovers were key of course but also our 3rd and long defense, which has been bad for years now, also let us down several times. You get those guys in that situation and you have to stop them. The QB draw by Dak for a TD was a huge play but even after all that we stopped them twice still down only 8 but the offense couldnt take advantage. There is a little blame to go around on this one but credit MSU for making plays when they had to and playing well at home in front of a pumped up crowd. It was their day but I doubt they survive the season unbeaten so everything is still on the table for Auburn.

I don't want to be the guy that blames bad calls but the refs were definitely in Miss State's pocket. We didn't get a call our way the entire game and they got MANY questionable BIG calls

I don't want to be the guy that blames bad calls but the refs were definitely in Miss State's pocket. We didn't get a call our way the entire game and they got MANY questionable BIG calls

Watching some other games this is a league wide issue, the SEC should be ashamed of the officiating overall and needs to do something about it. We have been saying this for years though and nothing has changed so probably not gonna change now either.

Archived