***Auburn vs. Mississippi State Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

Anyone have any thoughts on first down production. From my standpoint I keep hearing blocking. Yet I do not see cap consistently giving effort to get yards after contact. Lack of first down production? Why pull Roc when he produced?

We have played enough games to get something fixed on first down yet we still do the same thing. I don't know if its being stubborn or what but im beginning to doubt it will be fixed if it hasnt been by now.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have got to stop using certain players on offense. I won't name names, but we all know. This was on the coaching staff. Very weak performance. I have not written off a New Years day bowl, but we will not be in the playoff.

Awful first quarter and turnovers cost us. Regardless what Miss St. does the rest the season, if Auburn wins out then we will make the playoffs. The one positive I can find from this loss is that our team should be extremely fired up and should be ready to come out and play for the rest of the season. Regardless this loss does hurt a lot but we still control our own destiny IMO

Now its time to get drunk tonight!!!!!!!

We have got to stop using certain players on offense. I won't name names, but we all know. This was on the coaching staff. Very weak performance. I have not written off a New Years day bowl, but we will not be in the playoff.

The 3 play playbook is not good enough this year.

Awful first quarter and turnovers cost us. Regardless what Miss St. does the rest the season, if Auburn wins out then we will make the playoffs. The one positive I can find from this loss is that our team should be extremely fired up and should be ready to come out and play for the rest of the season. Regardless this loss does hurt a lot but we still control our own destiny IMO

You'd better hope Ole Miss and Alabama keep winning or Auburn's so-called strength of schedule won't mean didley to anybody.

Murp, lowrider, auburnspider...not fooling anyone.

Im not on the post game and game threads much, are these guys always on here doing this???

i dont know, but you know there cant be much to any of the three. Yet none of the three are anywhere near bright enough to realize how stupid they sound.

We lost to a top 3 team on the road.... We are in the toughest conference in the nation and we arguably have the toughest schedule in the nation. This loss did not knock us out of the playoffs at all. We just need to win out.

Im not on the post game and game threads much, are these guys always on here doing this???

i dont know, but you know there cant be much to any of the three. Yet none of the three are anywhere near bright enough to realize how stupid they sound.

Agreed

Should I go back and find your gameday prediction. I'm sure it's priceless.

I'm rooting for Arky now so bammers won't be able to say too much.

Can't believe I'm having to go for the hogs oi :sad2:/>

They will get their asses kicked by the Dawgs in a couple of weeks.

I see them losing a couple games not counting tonight.

I think the aggies will shred bama's secondary.

LSU isn't good

Auburn has yet to play to its potential

Gus gets a C+ on play calling

Defense did enough to win

Miss St was prepared but the desire to win carried them

You'd better hope Ole Miss and Alabama keep winning or Auburn's so-called strength of schedule won't mean didley to anybody.

If those losses are within the west then it shouldnt hurt us that bad. Out of conference loses will hurt us though. Lets just say if Miss State and Florida state wins out, then they are both obviously in. Now if Auburn wins out, that would most likely mean 2 teams with one loss will make the playoffs. Now do you really see two other one loss teams getting the bid over Auburn?????

LSU isn't good

Nick Marshall forgot to eat his lucky charms before the game.

This isn't sour grapes at all but I really don't think they are better than us

They are better than us, they played a very physical game, they beat 3 top ten teams in a row. They made huge mistakes but they we still able to get the win.

I don't care what other teams they played, we pretty much gave them this game. We beat ourselves more than they did

Go ahead. No idea what that has to do with anything. Only a smallbrained idiot would think it does.

You look at the stats and they're almost identical. Difference was taking advantage of turnovers IMO.

^^ This ^^ +15

If those losses are within the west then it shouldnt hurt us that bad. Out of conference loses will hurt us though. Lets just say if Miss State and Florida state wins out, then they are both obviously in. Now if Auburn wins out, that would most likely mean 2 teams with one loss will make the playoffs. Now do you really see two other one loss teams getting the bid over Auburn?????

If Arkie beats Alabama, LSU loses to Florida and A&M beats Ole Miss, It's not going to look good.

Go ahead. No idea what that has to do with anything. Only a smallbrained idiot would think it does.

I make up for the lack of a brain in other areas that count so you see, I still win!!

LSU isn't good

I like ole Gus but he is not the play-calling genius some give him credit for....he is in his third year as a HC and has a young OC who has very little Div 1 experience.

JMO but a number of SEC coaches ..especially on defense have enough experience to deal with AU's offense. and we are so predictable now that everyone (not just the MSU linebacker) knows what is coming on most downs.

Well, there won't be another sot at an NC. There won't be another SEC title. We won't be in the playoff. There's really nothing left but just to play the games and go to some meaningless bowl.

That's what comes from making a season's worth of mistakes in one quarter.

Well, there won't be another sot at an NC. There won't be another SEC title. We won't be in the playoff. There's really nothing left but just to play the games and go to some meaningless bowl.

That's what comes from making a season's worth of mistakes in one quarter.

You are a real glass half empty kinda guy arent you?

Archived