• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LSU isn't good

Auburn has yet to play to its potential

Gus gets a C+ on play calling

Defense did enough to win

Miss St was prepared but the desire to win carried them

I like ole Gus but he is not the play-calling genius some give him credit for....he is in his third year as a HC and has a young OC who has very little Div 1 experience.

JMO but a number of SEC coaches ..especially on defense have enough experience to deal with AU's offense. and we are so predictable now that everyone (not just the MSU linebacker) knows what is coming on most downs.

I dont know that the play calling itself is always wrong, in fact I think he probably gets into the right play more often than not, but as someone mentioned earlier they are many times low percentage throws for Nick Marshall.

As i said this is the freaking weirdest game. The first quarter we deserved to be blown out and done for... and we should have been. The second quarter we actually deserved to be tied or retake the lead. We won the third quarter if it was not for two very very timely calls. The 4th the weight and the uphill climb just finally got to us.

Well, there won't be another sot at an NC. There won't be another SEC title. We won't be in the playoff. There's really nothing left but just to play the games and go to some meaningless bowl.

That's what comes from making a season's worth of mistakes in one quarter.

You are a real glass half empty kinda guy arent you?

Dont't forget about the hole in the bottom of the glass.

An SEC title is still a real possibility, albeit we don't control our own destiny. Also every bowl that isn't the NC is not meaningless.

Thank God there is more to life and Auburn than football. It's always great to be an Auburn Tiger.

LSU isn't good

Auburn has yet to play to its potential

Gus gets a C+ on play calling

Defense did enough to win

Miss St was prepared but the desire to win carried them

I like ole Gus but he is not the play-calling genius some give him credit for....he is in his third year as a HC and has a young OC who has very little Div 1 experience.

JMO but a number of SEC coaches ..especially on defense have enough experience to deal with AU's offense. and we are so predictable now that everyone (not just the MSU linebacker) knows what is coming on most downs.

when the hunh is clicking Gus is the best, but when it isn't he struggles

Buncha bullcrap!! AU is better than this. MSU is just a team that got by with favorable REFEREES at home!!! Take this game to Jordan Hare & I see AU as VICTORS!!!(With or Without the referees) WAR EAGLE!!! Let the MSU team feel like they are top knotch. I didnt see them as top knotch. They capatalized on our crappy mistakes and the REF's favorable calls. Buncha Bullcrap is what I saw!!! AU shoulda killed them in their own bullcrap stadium! Ill give them props tomorrow, but for now, BULLCRAP!!!

Awful first quarter and turnovers cost us. Regardless what Miss St. does the rest the season, if Auburn wins out then we will make the playoffs. The one positive I can find from this loss is that our team should be extremely fired up and should be ready to come out and play for the rest of the season. Regardless this loss does hurt a lot but we still control our own destiny IMO

Now its time to get drunk tonight!!!!!!!

You'd better hope Ole Miss and Alabama keep winning or Auburn's so-called strength of schedule won't mean didley to anybody.

If those losses are within the west then it shouldnt hurt us that bad. Out of conference loses will hurt us though. Lets just say if Miss State and Florida state wins out, then they are both obviously in. Now if Auburn wins out, that would most likely mean 2 teams with one loss will make the playoffs. Now do you really see two other one loss teams getting the bid over Auburn?????

If Arkie beats Alabama, LSU loses to Florida and A&M beats Ole Miss, It's not going to look good.

We play uat, Ole Miss and A&M. We already beat LSU and Arky. It doesn't matter to the strength of schedule as long as the losses are within the west. Our destiny is in our hands now. We have to win out.

While someone else brought it up, i could not stand that 13 seconds better crap this off season. Thats like saying "we dont really have to get much better. We should be alright"

Just SHUT UP AND ACCEPT IT WHINEY BABY AU FAN!!!

Why did you not capitalize all of the word "just". Don't be a slacker man.

I didn't feel good about this game going in because I knew MSU was desperate to beat AU after all the times we beat them. However I couldn't believe the turnovers to start the game that only put their intensity on steroids.

Major disappointments: 1) our offense is not firing on all cylinders this year because of oline, poor blocking, and running back play and nothing has changed. 2) questionable play calling continues some of it due to stubbornness to get running going but regardless it's a problem not adjusting to what the defense gives you and the player ability 3) NM may know the system better but his throwing has not improved that much. There were 2 critical series in the 3rd and early 4th quarter and he came out passing 0 four 6 which resulted in punts. 4) We had five field goal attempts because we couldn't score TDs. And 5) our defense played well but we get little pass rush from the Dline.

The year is not over but I hated losing to MUllen

100% agree

ROC played great when given the opportunity

He's got a burst CAP doesn't have. Not a knock on Cam, just a compliment for Roc. He hits the hole much quicker and has a chance to bust one at any given moment.

Man, major meltdowns by a few people on here. We are a good football team. We got 2 scores behind immediately and fought our way through this game in horrific conditions, given the weather and that irritating noise that never stopped! I am proud of the effort, but sometimes, it is just not meant to be. I think sometimes there are intangibles that are out of our control. Dak Prescott is playing for his mom that he lost. MSU is playing with a lot of heart and passion. They have something to prove. I give them credit. But I don't think this means we are now in a downward spiral, like some of you guys do. I expect to see Gus use this to make this team better. War Eagle, forever and always...

I certainly hope we play much better in the future than this game! We and the Ref's gave this one to MSU's crappy bullbell ringers. They didnt impress me. AU's missed opportunities & the Refs DE-pressed me. MSU is NOT better than AU!

I must say something complimentary about most of the MSU fans. As per the request from their AD, the majority of them DID stop ringing the cowbells when the center went over the ball. They kept yelling, but so does everyone else and nobody expect the home crowd to remain silent. But their holding off on the bells once the center was over the ball was, I thought, a definite sign of class from those people and they should be commended for it.

Our guys just didn't show up today. We made mistake, after mistake, after mistake. I thought our DL played a physical game. Our OL can not open holes up the middle. I keep waiting for it, but have seen no improvement there. This is a tough one to take. We are going to need lots of help now. Hopefully our guys can re-group, win out, and see where that gets us.

Oh well, War Eagle!!!!

Let's hope that this year's MSU game is last year's LSU game. MSU deserved to win, but AU made it really easy for them to win. Correct the mistakes!

I must say something complimentary about most of the MSU fans. As per the request from their AD, the majority of them DID stop ringing the cowbells when the center went over the ball. They kept yelling, but so does everyone else and nobody expect the home crowd to remain silent. But their holding off on the bells once the center was over the ball was, I thought, a definite sign of class from those people and they should be commended for it.

Didnt sound like that was the case at all on my TV, but I dont expect it to be. Just give them their noise advantage at home and be done with it. It is what it is.

Archived