***Auburn vs. Mississippi State Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was penalties and turnovers. They may look even, but like in life, it is when and where things happen. We are still in good shape if we win out. If we bet Ole miss- tamu- Bama - I like our chances,

I generally loath people that blame referees for any athletic competition, but something was strangely amiss today. As closely as I've followed college football over the years, I'm not sure if I've ever witnessed officiating like that. I know it won't get any publicity or anything, but it's really disheartening. Our players made a heap of mistakes, but the kids work their butts off seven days a week. And I can't imagine the feeling of trying to overcome a deficit against both another football team and the officials.

Regardless, the high road is okay with me. At least it's better than having to rely on extra help to win a big game.

And good luck to Miss State. But unfortunately, karma's a bitch.

Those refs didn't cause our turnovers, poor execution, people out of position, questionable play calling, weak running game, lack luster passing game.....

I know this has already been discussed ad nauseum, but boy would it be nice to have more speed at linebacker.

I dont know that its speed as much as being constantly out of position and taking bad angles.

You are probably right, but speed can make up for some of that, but yes I agree.

I know this has already been discussed ad nauseum, but boy would it be nice to have more speed at linebacker.

I dont know that its speed as much as being constantly out of position and taking bad angles.

You are probably right, but speed can make up for some of that, but yes I agree.

Frost takes bad angle play after play. Frustrating.

Love me some Gus but he sounds more and more like a Friday nite coach in interviews

He hasn't been a highschool coach in damn near a decade.

I didn't feel good about this game going in because I knew MSU was desperate to beat AU after all the times we beat them. However I couldn't believe the turnovers to start the game that only put their intensity on steroids.

Major disappointments: 1) our offense is not firing on all cylinders this year because of oline, poor blocking, and running back play and nothing has changed. 2) questionable play calling continues some of it due to stubbornness to get running going but regardless it's a problem not adjusting to what the defense gives you and the player ability 3) NM may know the system better but his throwing has not improved that much. There were 2 critical series in the 3rd and early 4th quarter and he came out passing 0 four 6 which resulted in punts. 4) We had five field goal attempts because we couldn't score TDs. And 5) our defense played well but we get little pass rush from the Dline.

The year is not over but I hated losing to MUllen

Love me some Gus but he sounds more and more like a Friday nite coach in interviews

But do you realize what YOU sound like? Obviously not.

Nah, Gus is just mad because there's no Pancake House tonight, just Burger King take out.

It's growing pains for Gus right now. Snapping the ball to a running back always works when you can run the ball. Snapping it to a running back doesn't always work when you need to throw the ball. Putting in an actual QB might be a better option sometimes.

Were you calling Nick a RB last season when he helped lead us to the BCSNC?

I was sometimes. He reminds me of the guys wisky used on LSU until he got hurt. he's so athletic it's awesome when u can option. When you have to throw late, it's nerve wrecking. I like Nick, but you just need a guy who can complete passes at qb, regardless of dual threat skills. BTW, Nick would start for me against USCe

Yes I have never considered Nick anything other than a RB taking snaps. Sometimes it works, tonight it had no chance,

That QB draw on 3rd down inside the 10 for a td was a prime example.

This isn't sour grapes at all but I really don't think they are better than us

They are better than us, they played a very physical game, they beat 3 top ten teams in a row. They made huge mistakes but they we still able to get the win.

The team was out of sync today including the coaching....the offense started with the first play of the game...the defense had some costly busted assignments...the special teams missed a FG and fumble on kick-off return....the play calling was obvious at times run up the middle on 1st down, in the redzone what was that, down by 15 with minutes left 1 timeout and we running the ball.

Anyone have any thoughts on first down production. From my standpoint I keep hearing blocking. Yet I do not see cap consistently giving effort to get yards after contact. Lack of first down production? Why pull Roc when he produced?

That QB draw on 3rd down inside the 10 for a td was a prime example.

There were times where he had his BACK to the RB as he went by. Not a rare occurrence.

Anyone have any thoughts on first down production. From my standpoint I keep hearing blocking. Yet I do not see cap consistently giving effort to get yards after contact. Lack of first down production? Why pull Roc when he produced?

He's an East-West running back, not North-South. I thought this was pretty obvious but not to some.

But do you realize what YOU sound like? Obviously not.

God forbid anyone sound like an objective person with an opinion that differs from yours. We may all be half centaur, but you certainly ended up all rear end.

At least it's not 2008 or 2012. We'll still have our share of fun watching Auburn football this year. Just not today. Today freaking hurt. WDE!!

Indeed. I'm with Bigbens on this one...I don't feel nearly so bad as I thought I would. Now we have 2 weeks (blegh...gotta stew on this for an extra week) to correct some stuff and hopefully get better.

What I am most concerned with: 2 road games in tough environments and we came out pretty flat both times. Not sure why, either...after the KState game I figured it was just the weird schedule coupled with the long travel. This? this (and all credit to MSU, they were clearly the better team and deserve to be #1) was straight up laying an egg on the road.

Time for me to take a break and get another stiff bourbon drink. Still a lot of good football games to watch tonight.

Are you watching LSU? Florida's owning them.

Archived