Please Vote

StatTiger

That was the first website I went to when I woke up this morning. :D I had to keep refreshing until they actually launched about half an hour ago.

Is this serious?  Seems AU biased.

131196[/snapback]

I don't think it's gotten much publicity outside of newspapers in Alabama or Auburn message boards online thusfar. They're probably just counting on word of mouth to publicize their poll instead of any advertising.

I've already sent the link to all the members of my Auburn Football Fans group on the Tulane Facebook, and I IM'd the the link to about 20 people who keep up with college football on my Buddy List. Granted, most of those people are still sleeping (with it being 9:00AM on a Saturday), but their votes should start to come in after 2:00PM today. :P

Is this serious?  Seems AU biased.

131196[/snapback]

Yeah...that and the fact that we have THE BEST TEAM IN THE COUNTRY!!!!!!!!! :big::au:

Please make this a sticky....

I dont know if this has already been brought up...but there is a "semi" official people's poll for the National Championship. You can vote here. Whats so cool about this? Well read the website intro:

"George Brown, a 17-year-old high school student from Opelika, Ala., developed a fair and easy method to choose the next National Champion for Division 1 college football

“Since we already have a coaches poll and a writers poll, it makes sense to have a fans poll as well,” he says.

The PNC or Peoples National Championship is determined by college football fans. These voters are the same people who buy the tickets, travel to the games, watch the games on multiple television networks and buy countless licensed products promoting their favorite team.

This year there are five undefeated teams in Division 1-A football. Now fans can vote online and choose the undefeated team they think deserves to be the Number 1 team in the country. After the bowl games, the undefeated team with the most votes will win.

The PNC website, www.fanspoll.com will accept votes from 8 a.m. on Saturday morning, December 11, 2004 until 8 p.m., January 6, 2005

The 2004 National Champion will be announced on Saturday, January 8 in Atlanta, Georgia. The Memory Companyâ„¢, Peoples National Championshipâ„¢ Trophy will be presented to the winning coach on Saturday, January 28, 2005. Jim Donnan of ESPN will present the trophy on the winning team's campus. "

You can only vote on the undefeated teams....and at the end of the bowl games, whoever is still undefeated and has the most votes gets the "Peoples National Championship Trophy"....kind of cool I think.....oh ya, guess who is winning! :au:

shouldnt the voting wait till after the bowl games?

131383[/snapback]

Woah! Woah! Woah! Hold it right there! Let's not start making sense now! ;):big:

This must be a joke.

131332[/snapback]

No, it's for real! For a good joke, however, ride over to Bryant-Denny Resturant Stadium on a Fall Saturday to watch UAT play.

131350[/snapback]

The first joke is this kid had an orange and blue tie on in his picture when this first was launched. Apparently, in an attempt to make this look like it's not an AU fan's site, they used photoshop to "fix" the tie. Look real close, it's horrible.

The second joke is this will be worse than the horrible "Got 12?" shirts that many bama fans wear. I vote for AU to win this everyday so I can hear AU fans justify this trophy while still making an attempt to joke about Bama's 12 MNC claims. The irony will be too funny.

The fourth joke is, they've already "fixed" the tie again. First, orange and blue. Second, all red. And now, red and white? Is he trying to look like a bama fan so people don't see this for what it really is?

Correction, there is a fourth version of his picture........

georgewithshadow9pb.jpg

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

This must be a joke.

131332[/snapback]

I think its brilliant!!

Not because it is legit, but because it is so off-the-wall, that it exposes how illegit the AP poll and ESPN poll are. Question the People's National Champion, and you must also question the voters.

This must be a joke.

131332[/snapback]

I think its brilliant!!

Not because it is legit, but because it is so off-the-wall, that it exposes how illegit the AP poll and ESPN poll are. Question the People's National Champion, and you must also question the voters.

131400[/snapback]

If this was the other way around you AU fans would be having a field day with the Bama MNC jokes. It would also be very sad that the UA nation had to come up with this to get yet another claim at a MNC. You know it, and I know it.

you are a bammerboob....who gives a damn what you think?....
Well.......since you had a response.......it looks like you do.

i'll vote after the bowls. it isn't legit, but i've said before and i'll say again: no national title is legit when the system can't even compensate for 3 unbeaten major conference teams. i think 1997 gave us more legit champions than the bcs. at least then, all the bowls were games you wanted to see and all the unbeatens had a final shot at making their case. now? you guarantee that one will be left in the cold for no apparent reason. there is no such thing as a real national title.

Don't blame uat. After all, AU won TWICE AS MANY GAMES ....and counting. :big:

Don't blame Bama. After all, AU won TWICE AS MANY GAMES ....and counting. :big:

131414[/snapback]

Did I miss a post where someone blamed bama?

Archived