Could Arky play the upset?

C'viewTiger

Anything can honestly happen. That thought has indeed crossed my mind, too. Arky's not the same team we played...

Guest jojo1515

I wish. Technically it is possible, but Bielema has proven pretty bad at defending spread option teams and I expect MSU will do their usual and get a few lucky breaks early and be up by 21 in the first. If that happens, Arky cannot make the comeback. Only way it happens is if MSU has an off week and some bad luck. In that case, Arky is just good enough to make it interesting. Also, Arky will be going against a great run D with below average pass D. However, Arky has one of the worst qbs they've had in recent memory and are one dimensional running the ball. I expect MSUs D will hold more than not and Arkys D will fold more than not. Could be an ugly game for hog fans (but yes I still hold out hope for the miracle)

I think Arky could absolutely beat State and I don't think it would be a fluke either. Now I woudn't put $$ on it or anything but I do think they have the tools to pull the upset and if they catch a break or two and get into what they wanna do, look out.

Unfortunately for Arky, Miss State's run D is pretty stout, it's their pass D that is the weakness. And Arky can't pass at all. So they will need to play ball control and hope to move the chains on the ground and keep Dak on the sideline.

We can always hope. Actually, Arky is playing better and MooState is about due to have one of those games where everything that has been working doesn't work. Every good team has at least one of those per season. The really good teams still find a way to win those games but the good teams struggle and sometimes can't overcome their deficiencies.

We ran the ball on State. Arkansas can too. I mean, obviously, the upset is a long shot. This is a team that hasn't won a conference game in two years, but they're playing good ball. They were close against A&M (pre-collapse) and Bama. Even the UGA game showed they could score on people. They just gave up 31 points in the second quarter aided by some brutal turnovers (UGA scored on drives of 7 yards and 29 yards).

State has to play a B game or worse, and Arkansas has to catch some breaks. That said, it could happen. Odds would be a lot higher if the game were somewhere other than Starkville.

Maybe CBB takes a page from the OBC. Nothing to lose, throw the kitchen sink at them and see what happens. Yes, I may be reaching but it would be nice if this weekend was one of the two that we need.

I don't think this is the best match up for Arkansas. However, there is so much talent in the SEC West this year that I think any team could plausibly lose to any other.

YES arky can win!!!!!!!!!

Sure they can win against the Nichols St/TexTechj/NoIllinois/UAB's of the world, but they are 0-16 in SEC play and to think they are beating a #1 ranked and the only remaining undefeated SEC team in Starkville is crazy.

Arkansas can absolutely beat State. But for two plays (sure td fumbled through the back of endzone against bamr and a td nullified by a penalty against A&M) they would 6-2.

And I'm not sold on State. Sure they beat Auburn but it took Auburn spotting them 21 points to do so. The rest of their victories are against bad teams (Southern Miss, A&M) or teams playing poorly at the time-LSU. The LSU that beat OM would also beat State.

Posted Today, 10:30 AM

snapback.pngau75, on Yesterday, 02:27 PM, said:

YES arky can win!!!!!!!!!

Sure they can win against the Nichols St/TexTechj/NoIllinois/UAB's of the world, but they are 0-16 in SEC play and to think they are beating a #1 ranked and the only remaining undefeated SEC team in Starkville is crazy.

I guess by that logic, St is going to crush bama? I will be one of the happiest members on this board when that happens :)/> I know that we need MSST to lose 2 but I don't see OM beating MSST.

I'm not hopeful, but Arky "can" do it. We rushed for 232 on State even with taking away three of our own possessions (opening INT, 2nd drive opening play fumble, kick fumble by Louis). If not for those three lost drives, we would have rushed for well over 300 yards. Arky can run the ball, but State's D-line is legit. Arky would need to set the tone early and control the clock as well as catch a few breaks. Here's to hoping it happens!

I don't think Arky will win, but I'll sure be pulling for 'em. I'll be hoping bammer beats State too. If the SEC championship means anything to an Auburn fan, we need to pull for whoever is playing State until they have two losses.

I don't think Arky will win, but I'll sure be pulling for 'em. I'll be hoping bammer beats State too. If the SEC championship means anything to an Auburn fan, we need to pull for whoever is playing State until they have two losses.

I'm with ya, I just don't think they have enough to catch the 'winning fever' yet. The West is full of strong teams, someone has to be the doormat.

Archived