My apologies to the defensive critics

juscAUse

Guest jojo1515

If Ellis were fired tonight...D could not do any worse for the rest of the year so why not go ahead and cut your losses. There is a reason HS defensive kids want nothing to do with AU. If I were a top defensive recruit, based on coaching alone AU wouldn't make my top 100. A change now is the only hope of a good D signing class although even that is a slim possibility now. Maybe we should just sign 20 offensive players to help overcome giving up 35 every game. EJ shouldn't be coaching anywhere above HS at this point. I hate that I am so down on an AU coach, but the last 2 years of Chizik had better Ds than this and heads need to roll immediately.

You are not by yourself on this, there's a reason why southern miss went winless with him as head coach

I didnt see EJ diving at feet trying to make tackles ... I think we got a bunch d-backs that are afraid to hit somebody

Who do you think is in charge of making sure those DBs have proper technique? You need a better excuse than that because that is 100000000000 percent on coaching

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Ellis were fired tonight...D could not do any worse for the rest of the year so why not go ahead and cut your losses. There is a reason HS defensive kids want nothing to do with AU. If I were a top defensive recruit, based on coaching alone AU wouldn't make my top 100. A change now is the only hope of a good D signing class although even that is a slim possibility now. Maybe we should just sign 20 offensive players to help overcome giving up 35 every game. EJ shouldn't be coaching anywhere above HS at this point. I hate that I am so down on an AU coach, but the last 2 years of Chizik had better Ds than this and heads need to roll immediately.

If they read how some fans criticize them why would they?

You are not by yourself on this, there's a reason why southern miss went winless with him as head coach

I didnt see EJ diving at feet trying to make tackles ... I think we got a bunch d-backs that are afraid to hit somebody

It's his job to fix it, hell Paul Rhodes fixed his tackling issues at Iowa state in 1 year! That's the sign of a GOOD d-coach

You whiners still make me sick. ;)/>

the defense don't?

Not to the extent of the whining. The penalties on the other hand...

Bingo Tex! These little whiny a$$ fans make me sick!

I agree 10000% a defensive coaching change needs to be made. There are no fundamentals, bad angles, poor schemes, no heart, no urgency and no fire. The scary part is how much lack of fundamentals we have. A good defensive coaching staff will correct those of you wont play. Watch Sabans defense. He wouldn't tolerate this play. It's time to have that same mindset

You whiners still make me sick. ;)/>

the defense don't?

Not to the extent of the whining. The penalties on the other hand...

Bingo Tex! These little whiny a$$ fans make me sick!

Go see a doctor

Our D was playing great until the last three games. The MSU game was played in lousy weather and there were several bad plays but we suddenly couldn't make a stop against USCe. Today we got better QB pressure but the missed tackles and pass plays killed us. We fix one thing and regress on another. I don't know enough to understand the problems. Is it a lack of talent? Perhaps but I think we have enough for good coaches to work with. Is it a lack of teaching fundamentals or a lack of focus? Is it poor system design and scheming? I have no clue nor do I understand the duties of the position coaches versus the D coordinator. Should EJ be on field or stay in booth where he can see the plays and alignments? I have no idea but I'm wondering why we don't seem to be improving

Our D was playing great until the last three games. The MSU game was played in lousy weather and there were several bad plays but we suddenly couldn't make a stop against USCe. Today we got better QB pressure but the missed tackles and pass plays killed us. We fix one thing and regress on another. I don't know enough to understand the problems. Is it a lack of talent? Perhaps but I think we have enough for good coaches to work with. Is it a lack of teaching fundamentals or a lack of focus? Is it poor system design and scheming? I have no clue nor do I understand the duties of the position coaches versus the D coordinator. Should EJ be on field or stay in booth where he can see the plays and alignments? I have no idea but I'm wondering why we don't seem to be improving

Well I think most is on the coaching. A coaching staff has to put their players in a chance to be successful. Bad tackling and 0 fundamentals with awful schemes is coaching that should have been corrected long before now

we're 35th in the nation in points allowed with one of the toughest schedules in the nation. issues to address for sure, but Ellis aint going anywhere despite the delusional outcry of a few "fans"

It's his job to fix it, hell Paul Rhodes fixed his tackling issues at Iowa state in 1 year! That's the sign of a GOOD d-coach

i dont think it would matter who we had coaching D... there are a bunch of those guys that are afraid they're gonna get hurt... they are scared .... i dont think anything can change players like that... except get new ones... with guts...

find out where bill snyder gets his defensive players... far less physical skills but far more guts.... ill take guts anyday

Go change your tampon.

I'm not the one acting like a B**** I call it like I see it, truth hurts then so be it. Hate to say it but, how many rushing yards did Bo get against bama? LSU? He SET a record on our D tonite

i dont think it would matter who we had coaching D... there are a bunch of those guys that are afraid there gonna get hurt... they are scared .... i dont think anything can change players like that... except get new ones... with guts...

find out where bill snyder gets his defensive players... far less physical skills but far more guts.... ill take guts anyday

Who do u think gave them the guts and know-how? U got to do better than that

Its called Whitehead in doghouse and maybe Reed I havent seen him in two weeks. We got 5 sacks,give credit to solid blocking by their recievers. Only true plays the one to Engram and that on screen pass. The 59 yd run nothing you can do,we got great pressure,he got out he got great blocks.Penalities did give them second chances.Like I said no run game or o line.I knew they would get yrs in air,good wr core.South Carolina scores on everyone,just no defense.

i dont think it would matter who we had coaching D... there are a bunch of those guys that are afraid there gonna get hurt... they are scared .... i dont think anything can change players like that... except get new ones... with guts...

please walk into the locker room and tell them to their face that they are scared. What a chickenS#$% thing to post from the comfort of your keyboard

Man am I sick of hearing all the whining. I wont quote the person who got this thread heated up. 2010 we were clutch. This year, we are clutch. Do we need to go thru the whole lesson on tempering expectations on any D that is on the same team as our O. We need clutch. We got clutch.

Go change your tampon.

I'm not the one acting like a B**** I call it like I see it, truth hurts then so be it. Hate to say it but, how many rushing yards did Bo get against bama? LSU? He SET a record on our D tonite

What record did he set?

Go change your tampon.

A whiny b***** ;)

Go change your tampon.

What record did he set?

59yard rush, a personal best for him that WILL be included in his bio at ole miss. Long after he has graduated. We made him look like a heisman candidate with our play on d tonite

please walk into the locker room and tell them to their face that they are scared. What a chickenS#$% thing to post from the comfort of your keyboard

Lots of sissy's here I wish would walk in the locker room. Chicken s*** sissy's.

Man am I sick of hearing all the whining. I wont quote the person who got this thread heated up. 2010 we were clutch. This year, we are clutch. Do we need to go thru the whole lesson on tempering expectations on any D that is on the same team as our O. We need clutch. We got clutch.

I wish I hadn't posted it. But when I did I meant it. The easiest play in college football seems to be 3rd and forever against us. I love Auburn. The school and the sports teams. But I love football. I have never seen such on a supposedly good team. My son played D-3. When you get there, tackle them.

Archived