"You had me from 'Hello'"

during my jet-lagged induced insomnia the other morning, i caught Jerry Maguire on TV on TBS...

is there a better sports movie out there???

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!

ct

Major League II? ;) j/k lol

LOL

indeed ML2...an instant classic.

i do love the scene in ML1 though, where 'wild thang' comes out of the bullpen and the entire crowd is going crazy...

ct

Major League II? ;) j/k lol

LOL

indeed ML2...an instant classic.

i do love the scene in ML1 though, where 'wild thang' comes out of the bullpen and the entire crowd is going crazy...

ct

NOPE! Major League is better. When the manager tells Dorn this is what I think about your contract........then he relieves himself on it.

Best scene ever in a comedy.

Meet Joe Black

American Beauty

The American President

Good Will Hunting

What Dreams May Come

Ummm, pardon my silliness, but I thought this thread was about SPORTS movies.

Meet Joe Black

American Beauty

The American President

Good Will Hunting

What Dreams May Come

Ummm, pardon my silliness, but I thought this thread was about SPORTS movies.

Oooops!!! Didn't really see the word 'sports' when I read it. :blushbig:

As a recovery, I'd be willing to point out some sports references in each of those movies!!!

Sorry.

Political persuasions of the principals (damn, that was alliterative) nonwithstanding, Bull Durham is still one of the best around.

Breaking Away is also a good one.

Hoosiers is one that always comes to the top of my head for sports movies.

I thought that Remember the Titans was a great movie to.

Costner has had some good ones, as mentioned Bull Durham and he also did Tin Cup. When in the mood For Love of the Game is a good one also.

Oooops!!! Didn't really see the word 'sports' when I read it. :blushbig:

As a recovery, I'd be willing to point out some sports references in each of those movies!!!

Sorry.

Got to give you credit for that Al, only Howard Dean or Wesley Clark could have turned that around better! :D :D :D :D :D :D

FIELD OF DREAMS....that was a great movie.

"If you build it, they will come"

Remember the Titans was excellent too, although Jerry McGuire was outstanding...

Oooops!!! Didn't really see the word 'sports' when I read it.  :blushbig:

Sorry.

Got to give you credit for that Al, only Howard Dean or Wesley Clark could have turned that around better! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks! I'll happily take a bone whenever one is offered!!! :D

Strange to me that thousands of people visit "the field" each year. The two families that own the land are in a big brewhaha over night games, traffic, MONEY,

The Brian Piccolo story.

Sad but a great movie. Even a mention of Auburn great Tucker Frederickson in that one.

The Bear

with Gary Busey :lol:

My favorite sports movies

1. Remember the Titans - me and my cousin watch this before every game.

2. Hoosiers

3. Field of Dreams

4. The Babe

5. The Natural

6. 61*

7. 8 Men Out

8. Rudy

9. The Longest yard

10. Above the Rim

11. Come Fly with me (Michael Jordan Documentary)

12. Space Jam (hey I was young at the time)

13. The Program

14. Jerry Maguire

newest sports movie I wanna See: Radio with Ed Harris and Cuba Gooding Jr.

Strange to me that thousands of people visit "the field" each year. The two families that own the land are in a big brewhaha over night games, traffic, MONEY,

I think you got the wrong movie.

Only Kevin Costener's family owns the land the field is on. The thing was they were broke and the brother in laws bank was trying to make them forclose on the land. but then their little girl fell down off of the bleachers, and Doc had to stop playing ball and Morp into his old person, and that is when the brother-in law first saw the players on the field, and he keeps saying over and over, ray don't sell the farm, ray don't sell the farm. Then the ppl came and then that was the end of the movie.

TigerLifer, I think he meant the real-life families that own the field.

LOL, yeah, that's what I thought too. Whoever said they wanted to see radio, I'm right there with you. I think I'm gonig to go see it Sunday. BTW, I have never heard of "you had me from hello" other than the Kenny Chesney song. What is it about?

It's a line from Jerry Maguire. Tom Cruise realizes he really loves Renee Zellweger and he goes into her house to see all of these divorced women in their 'sHe-woman man-haters' club. He tells them hello and proceeds to make an impassioned attempt to get her back. She looks at him and says, "You had me at 'Hello.' "

Here's a link.

Oh, no wonder I've never seen it. It's rated R.

Well, WE57, if you're not old enough to see 'R' rated movies, you're definitely not old enough to be hanging around the 'All Things Considered' forum!!! Beat it, kid!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Oh, no wonder I've never seen it. It's rated R.

Well, WE57, if you're not old enough to see 'R' rated movies, you're definitely not old enough to be hanging around the 'All Things Considered' forum!!! Beat it, kid!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Haha, whatever :lol: . I'm old enough...I just choose not to.

Archived