Who will Florida hire to replace Muschamp?

doc4aday

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Gators hate all things Urban Meyer (with good reason). Dan Mullen is somewhere near the top of that list.

I'd hazard a guess that if Mullen was interested they'd consider him. At least before he dropped a steamer in the Egg Bowl.

Look at Mullen's overall record at MSU. Nothing to brag about and next year when this incredibly senior-heavy team has to rebuild he'll have State right back at the bottom of the SEC West.

Mullen is NOT what Florida is looking for.

Football Scoop just tweeted out a link saying McElwain is expected to be named as the UF new head coach by tomorrow. The tweet also said all assitants are expected to be retained. FWIW

Football Scoop just tweeted out a link saying McElwain is expected to be named as the UF new head coach by tomorrow. The tweet also said all assitants are expected to be retained. FWIW

I believe the McElwain part - but Jim won't be keeping all of Boom's assistants.

I believe the McElwain part - but Jim won't be keeping all of Boom's assistants.

I'm guessing most of the defensive coaches will be offered spots on his staff. Some may decide to go with boom wherever he goes.

I'm sorry but this seems like an awful hire to me 22-16 doesnt leap off the page.

The record isn't that bad when you consider where Colorado St was when he took them over.

I'm sorry but this seems like an awful hire to me 22-16 doesnt leap off the page.

The record isn't that bad when you consider where Colorado St was when he took them over.

true, I just hoped (for my sister-in-law since she's a Florida fan) that they would have chosen a more proven coach. He has a very small sample size as a head coach.

Guest jojo1515

This seems just like the Tennessee hiring Butch Jones deal. Everyone will say how great he will do now that he is at Florida, and 3 years down the road they will still be fighting to go 6-6. Terrible hire IMO.

http://coachingsearc...g-search-ticker

Posted by: Chris Vannini on Wednesday December 03, 2014

Florida: Chip Kelly tells Philadelphia reporters Florida hasn’t contacted him, and he wouldn’t listen if they did.

Not surprised by that. He's having good success at Philly right now.

Leverage works again for an underpaid coach in demand....another couple years and Freeze will be making Saban money.

PS...nobody mentioning John Gruden for the job?

I'm sorry but Freeze is overpaid. He hasn't won anything and he's making more than coaches that have won championships. That's ridiculous. Kevin Sumlin is also overpaid to not win anything. Freeze's best record is 9-3 so far in 2014. Houston Nutt accomplished that.

Dan Mullen is a better coach than Hugh Freeze. He just doesn't have the resources to recruit like other teams in the SEC.

Dan Mullen is a better coach than Hugh Freeze. He just doesn't have the resources to recruit like other teams in the SEC.

Kenny Rogers < The REC for sure

By the way, I agree with you on Freeze in terms of coaching. Hell, Sandra Bullock taught him everything he knows.

And from where I see it, I don't get the sense that he has the magnetic personality to be a recruiting wizard.

Kenny Rogers < The REC for sure

By the way, I agree with you on Freeze in terms of coaching. Hell, Sandra Bullock taught him everything he knows.

And from where I see it, I don't get the sense that he has the magnetic personality to be a recruiting wizard.

Yeah. I'm not saying Freeze isn't a good coach but he's definitely not worth more than some of the other coaches in the SEC.

When I threw out the Houston Nutt comparison, I'm not saying Freeze will start having losing seasons like Nutt did but I'm just pointing out that Nutt was able to get Ole Miss to 9 wins also. That's not really that impressive imo. That's likely the best Hugh Freeze will be able to do at Ole Miss is 9-3, maybe 10-3 if they win their bowl game.

Conflicting reports, but Foley is on the Gator plane home from Ft. Collins. Confirmed McElwain isn't with him.

Colorado State put some serious handcuffs on him. $7.5 Million buyout. Wow.

GatorZone Football @GatorZoneFB Follow

We’ve had very productive conversations with Coach McElwain and his wife Karen and those continue.

2:29 PM - 3 Dec 2014

http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker

Florida: Athletic director Jeremy Foley returned to Gainesville on Wednesday, and multiple reports indicate Colorado State head coach Jim McElwain’s buyout remains an issue between the sides. According to the Orlando Sentinel, CSU has not budged on the $7.5 million cost of the buyout. Florida's official football Twitter account posted, "We’ve had very productive conversations with Coach McElwain and his wife Karen and those continue."

CSU shouldn't budge on that. Buyouts work both ways. You know if he was fired he would demand every penny that was owed him.

^^^^THIS!!!!^^^^

UF can afford it. I'm not sure I would have given him a 7.5 million dollar buyout to begin with.

I have heard that unless there is some movement on buyout UF will look elsewhere. UF was hoping to offer a home and away and reduce the buyout to 3 million. CSU has balked at that.

I have heard that unless there is some movement on buyout UF will look elsewhere. UF was hoping to offer a home and away and reduce the buyout to 3 million. CSU has balked at that.

Taking a man who only has two years as a head coach isn't something I would think Foley would do. That's an awful big risk to take.

Archived