***Auburn vs. Alabama -- Game Thread***

RunInRed

It's unbelievable how everyone but certain people on this board can see that this defense is atrocious with cej as dcoordinator, smh

The problem is that its not just EJ. Its the past three or four DC weve had. What do we do? How do we fix this bs D we keep fielding?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess we have it our best shot. Defense even had three picks. Bama just did what the needed to and throw deep balls all game. It is a shame we can't win with that offensive output

We scored 36 points on this D. Should be enough to win. Our defense is absolutely abysmall. Granted..our red zone O was also abysmal.

We scored 36 points on this D. Should be enough to win. Our defense is absolutely abysmall. Granted..our red zone O was also abysmal.

R

Red zone is what it is all about....yards and FGs won't get it done.

nobody seems to want to talk about of offensive problems...guess it's easier to get on Ellis than to suggest that the genius needs to work on a red zone game plan against good teams.

Like I said....that will still be CEJ's fault.

Eh...You ought to be able to make 36 points stand up. Yes, we should have punched at least a couple of those in for TDs, but you just shouldn't need to score 45 pts every week to win.

agree

I agree as well.

It's unbelievable how everyone but certain people on this board can see that this defense is atrocious with cej as dcoordinator, smh. I guess bama scored 55pts against our special teams then. Yeah that's it

It's just that we are SICK of the same posts about it over and over and over. Shut up about it already.

Our offense takes the field every game knowing they have to score 30-35 pts to even HAVE A CHANCE to win. That is unacceptable. This is AUBURN for God's sake!!!

Well AU would be winning if we'd scored TDs instead of FGs. So...

Do you know of any team that scores a TD every time they are in the red \zone? against the number one team?

It's unbelievable how everyone but certain people on this board can see that this defense is atrocious with cej as dcoordinator, smh. I guess bama scored 55pts against our special teams then. Yeah that's it

It's just that we are SICK of the same posts about it over and over and over. Shut up about it already.

Lol

Why would we let that ball be shown?

Our defense has no fire. It NEVER does, especially when it matters. Whitehead made a few plays, but he had already been torched twice. And since the last INT??????? Nada.

Why have we seen more emotion from a kid from LA playing in his first/only IB, than we have from any other AU player, besides Grant?

nobody seems to want to talk about of offensive problems...guess it's easier to get on Ellis than to suggest that the genius needs to work on a red zone game plan against good teams.

Like I said....that will still be CEJ's fault.

Eh...You ought to be able to make 36 points stand up. Yes, we should have punched at least a couple of those in for TDs, but you just shouldn't need to score 45 pts every week to win.

agree

OMG. The point is that it's not ALL on the defense. A win is a win no matter how it's done. If we had those points now we'd be winning. How hard is that to see? There were breakdowns on both sides.

I'm going to sleep fine, because we played about like I thought we would. I do wonder why it wasn't in our game plan to take out cooper.

closer than i expected honestly. i knew we would give up a ton, but our offense rebounded better than i expected

Archived