It is so easy to hate Bama

Johndunc

How many times as Gary Danielson mentioned AU?

Enough for it to get old.

You guys shouldn't be so concerned about that forward progress / fumble call. BTW, I think they made the right call. You should be more concerned about the year after year lack of holding calls on the uat O Linemen. This just drives me crazy. I even pointed it out to to some uat fans. They tried to play it off but as the game has gone on they are seeing my point.

meh, who cares. mizzou is lucky to not have gotten rolled worse. BTW, once the refs rule foward progress it's not reviewable. whether they missed the call or not

The official (Steve Shaw) in the replay booth can review every play with the exception on penalties, correct?

Forward progress is not reviewable

The official (Steve Shaw) in the replay booth can review every play with the exception on penalties, correct?

But All fumbles are, called on field or not! The replay both should and can review fumbles missed by the officials on the field whether or not it is recovered by the opposition. Your opinion is your opinion and mine belongs to me, but I've seen a lot of reviews that didn't need to be made and a lot that did but weren't! By reviewing the officials can take away all of the "conspiracy " theories and shorten discussions like this. Just MY opinion......."

It is when it comes to spotting the ball

It is when it comes to spotting the ball

Different scenario. Unless the goal line or line to gain is involved, the replay official cannot override the judgment of when forward progress was stopped.

But All fumbles are, called on field or not! The replay both should and can review fumbles missed by the officials on the field whether or not it is recovered by the opposition. Your opinion is your opinion and mine belongs to me, but I've seen a lot of reviews that didn't need to be made and a lot that did but weren't! By reviewing the officials can take away all of the "conspiracy " theories and shorten discussions like this. Just MY opinion......."

It's not a fumble if it occurred after the ref ruled the runner's forward progress was stopped. It's a dead ball at that point.

OK I get it, there is no such thing as a fumble if a player is pushed back while being tackled. A player can't fumble the ball once he controls it with both hands unless he is hit at the point he gets the ball or in Bama's case a really quick whistle when the ref sees that the balls may be coming out! Wow what a confusing rule!!

Look, we all know the SEC wasn't going to let bammer lose this game! Bammer loses, the SEC is left out of the first ever playoff in college football. Not that bammer needed any help. Mizzou was outmatched from the start. I was hoping it would be a closer game, and who knows, if that fumble call goes the other way, maybe it would have been. Let's face it, the media wants to see bammer in the NC game again. TCU would have been a tough test for them, and maybe tOSU will be, but I don't see it. That leaves Oregon and FSU. I think Oregon could get it done against bammer, but FSU would have to play their very best all-around game of the year to beat bammer. Oh well, here's to hoping!!!

BTW, it's all irrelevant now anyway. Bammer claims this NC whether they actually win a playoff game or not. The Tuscaloosa Gazette will name them champions, and the "Got 16" shirts will be printed by the millions.

How can you take the ref's word for anything...its Tom Ritter and his crew...one of the worst if not the worst refs and crews in the conference.

I could make a lot of money on tinfoil hats here.

No tin foil here...just the facts. Tom Ritter and his crew are terrible...thus they blew the call. Pretty simple...no conspiracies here.

No tin foil here...just the facts. Tom Ritter and his crew are terrible...thus they blew the call. Pretty simple...no conspiracies here.

Not so much you as the two posters above you. I don't think they blew the call, but at least you're not accusing the refs of some clandestine conspiracy to guarantee Bama a national title.

Not so much you as the two posters above you. I don't think they blew the call, but at least you're not accusing the refs of some clandestine conspiracy to guarantee Bama a national title.

Call it a conspiracy theory if you want, but I would like to ask you to name an example of just one time that a controversial, game changing/costing call went against Alabama in a game of any significance. I'm not saying the "powers that be" sit around a hunger games type chess board and manipulate everything that involves college football just to keep bammer in the NC picture, but I can say that I cannot recall one play/call/event that has ever gone against the tahd to kept them out of the running unless all hope was lost.

If you look back over the past several years, in "like situations" where bammer has been highly ranked (top 4) and lost a game, as opposed to an Auburn/UGA/LSU/Oregon/etc. in this same situation, bammer has remained in the running by falling a couple of spots, whereas the other teams mentioned have fallen out of contention. Not every time, but enough to make you wonder. Bammer is the SEC's cash cow. Their fans spend endless amounts of money on anything with a mullet-A on it. They cash in their kids college funds to attend every away game. They generate a ton of money for the NCAA and SEC. How many schools can survive the questionable things that go on at bammer? Photographic proof of players signing memoriablia at T-Town Menswear resulted in how many violations?? None. Players so broke coming out of high school that they barely had clothes/food, only to be driving cars I can't afford with a $80k a year job! Bammer is to "impermissable benefits" that FSU is to criminal activities (FSU is another cash cow that seems to be protected to some degree).

In a world where just about everything seems to be corrupt these days, is it really a "conspiracy theory" to think that some teams are shown favorable treatment in order to keep them positions of dominance? I wonder how much money bammer generated for the NCAA during the Shula years? Now you have Kiffin in Tuscaloosa, a man who has cheated at every stop in his coaching career, but I guess at bammer, he's on the straight and narrow now??

I'm of the school of if it looks and sounds like a duck, it's probably a duck.

Call it a conspiracy theory if you want, but I would like to ask you to name an example of just one time that a controversial, game changing/costing call went against Alabama in a game of any significance. I'm not saying the "powers that be" sit around a hunger games type chess board and manipulate everything that involves college football just to keep bammer in the NC picture, but I can say that I cannot recall one play/call/event that has ever gone against the tahd to kept them out of the running unless all hope was lost.

If you look back over the past several years, in "like situations" where bammer has been highly ranked (top 4) and lost a game, as opposed to an Auburn/UGA/LSU/Oregon/etc. in this same situation, bammer has remained in the running by falling a couple of spots, whereas the other teams mentioned have fallen out of contention. Not every time, but enough to make you wonder. Bammer is the SEC's cash cow. Their fans spend endless amounts of money on anything with a mullet-A on it. They cash in their kids college funds to attend every away game. They generate a ton of money for the NCAA and SEC. How many schools can survive the questionable things that go on at bammer? Photographic proof of players signing memoriablia at T-Town Menswear resulted in how many violations?? None. Players so broke coming out of high school that they barely had clothes/food, only to be driving cars I can't afford with a $80k a year job! Bammer is to "impermissable benefits" that FSU is to criminal activities (FSU is another cash cow that seems to be protected to some degree).

In a world where just about everything seems to be corrupt these days, is it really a "conspiracy theory" to think that some teams are shown favorable treatment in order to keep them positions of dominance? I wonder how much money bammer generated for the NCAA during the Shula years? Now you have Kiffin in Tuscaloosa, a man who has cheated at every stop in his coaching career, but I guess at bammer, he's on the straight and narrow now??

I'm of the school of if it looks and sounds like a duck, it's probably a duck.

I'll give you two examples of bammer getting the short end of the stick...both in the 2013 Iron Bowl.

1. False start on older Quanjo (sp.) brother on field goal attempt...movement was hard to see...caused bammer to take 3 off the board and back up 5 yards. Result: missed field goal attempt.

2. Holding call called on OJ Howard on third down...erased a first down inside the AU 15...led to fourth down play that got stuffed...no points for bammer.

So they don't always get the breaks...but they get a hell of a lot of them.

Archived