Jovon Robinson now officially an Auburn Tiger

WarEagle84

The only thing the bammers will be flipping will be pancakes and burgers at Dairy Queen.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not so long ago, all the bammers just knew Jovon would never resign with Auburn, but he would flip to them.

To be fair, everybody here thought that, too. Well, at least on the never signing with Auburn part.

Tre Mason in 2013

Cameron Artis-Payne in 2014

Jovon or Roc/Barber in 2015??

Could we have the conference's leading rusher three years in a row? :big:/>

Yes. Yes we could.

Remember at the beginning of the season when all the "experts" said that other SECW teams would have a better rushing attach than ours? Yeah that was funny.

I was the one that posted it.

SEC Network said we wouldn't even have a top 4 rushing attack IN THE SEC. Ranked us and I think LSU as honorable mention to the top 4 that they ranked. Hahaha

IIRC they ranked us as the number one rushing scheme. It was backfields that they ranked us down the line for.

I'm sure they will do the same again this year. #1 scheme, with another host of unproven backs.

jovon was my #1 rb the year he was in high school.

it is rare to see someone with that size and speed coupoled with vision and moves (lateral speed).

flame if you must but imho, he reminds me of ronnie brown but better.

I felt the exact same way. I love the way he runs. I can definitley see the Ronnie Brown comparison too, although I don't think he is as fast?

Not so long ago, all the bammers just knew Jovon would never resign with Auburn, but he would flip to them.

To be fair, everybody here thought that, too. Well, at least on the never signing with Auburn part.

Yup. Lots of football "experts" on this message board.................. :glare:

Yup. Lots of football "experts" on this message board.................. :glare:

can't replace the bond with guys that was built!!

Just finished watching this kids Highlight video, JEEZ!!! This dude's going to kill next year. His vision, and balance are near perfect. He seems to know everywhere the defenders are going before they do! Lol. I can't wait to see this guy on the plains this year. Not to mention everybody is saying he's ace in practice already. Man, next year is going to be fun to watch.

Tre Mason in 2013

Cameron Artis-Payne in 2014

Jovon or Roc/Barber in 2015??

Could we have the conference's leading rusher three years in a row? :big:/>

Yes. Yes we could.

Remember at the beginning of the season when all the "experts" said that other SECW teams would have a better rushing attach than ours? Yeah that was funny.

I was the one that posted it.

SEC Network said we wouldn't even have a top 4 rushing attack IN THE SEC. Ranked us and I think LSU as honorable mention to the top 4 that they ranked. Hahaha

IIRC they ranked us as the number one rushing scheme. It was backfields that they ranked us down the line for.

I'm sure they will do the same again this year. #1 scheme, with another host of unproven backs.

2 years of unproven backs and counting...

Yup. Lots of football "experts" on this message board.................. :glare:/>

i don't remember who. But some emphatically sure posters said it wouldn't happen.

Yup. Lots of football "experts" on this message board.................. :glare:/>

i don't remember who. But some emphatically sure posters said it wouldn't happen.

Because under the circumstances in which they were saying it, he wouldn't have ever stepped foot on campus. Whatever that went down with his recruitment was frowned upon by the NCAA. Once the previous coaching staff moved on, we had to get the "okay" from the NCAA to resume recruiting him.

Note: I wasn't one of those that said "never", but those that did, did come back and say what I said above--or something similar.

Just finished watching this kids Highlight video, JEEZ!!! This dude's going to kill next year. His vision, and balance are near perfect. He seems to know everywhere the defenders are going before they do! Lol. I can't wait to see this guy on the plains this year. Not to mention everybody is saying he's ace in practice already. Man, next year is going to be fun to watch.

Just now jumping on the JR bandwagon?

Because under the circumstances in which they were saying it, he wouldn't have ever stepped foot on campus. Whatever that went down with his recruitment was frowned upon by the NCAA. Once the previous coaching staff moved on, we had to get the "okay" from the NCAA to resume recruiting him.

Note: I wasn't one of those that said "never", but those that did, did come back and say what I said above--or something similar.

they said NEVER.LOL

I wish the best for Jovon. it has been a long road for him and he stuck with us. I would like to see Jovon play at about 215 or 220. I want him to have all his speed and moves. He needs to be good buddies with Coach Russell.

Good vision, good cutting ability, balance, if he can drop 10-15 lbs to add that extra gear when he gets in the secondary this guy will be scary good.

Why would he need to lose weight at 225 he is about right for a JR. Especially for 5'11"-6' BTW Barber is listed around the same weight

Dyer 5'9" 215 ish

Good vision, good cutting ability, balance, if he can drop 10-15 lbs to add that extra gear when he gets in the secondary this guy will be scary good.

Why would he need to lose weight at 225 he is about right for a JR. Especially for 5'11"-6' BTW Barber is listed around the same weight

He's been rumored to be well above that currently- as in north of 235. And that extra weight is rumored to be bad weight. It's a popular misconception that less weight = more speed, but Pike might be on point here.

FTR, Nick Chubb is listed at 5'10 228.

Maybe the bammers will finally shut up about him flipping now

When do bammers ever shut up about anything?

I guessing here...but never?

Ronnie Brown played over 230 as well I believe. He may need to lose weight, I don't know, he might not though. For people here to say he needs to lose x amount of pounds is just silly, like any of us know how he plays at what weight.

He's been rumored to be well above that currently- as in north of 235. And that extra weight is rumored to be bad weight. It's a popular misconception that less weight = more speed, but Pike might be on point here.

FTR, Nick Chubb is listed at 5'10 228.

Well that is appropriate, giggle. I am confident the coaches will get him where he needs to be but as already stated we have no clue what is good for him and/or if the rumors are true.

This guy has really good vision and some nice moves for a guy that weighs 238. I'm excited to see our RB combo this year. I see the potential for a similar Cadillac & Ronnie combo. If Duke and Sammie stay or at least one stays our offense could be even better than before.

Great vision

Great acceleration

Great use of hands

Is it too early to go BEAST mode yet?

Archived