Jovon Robinson now officially an Auburn Tiger

WarEagle84

Hoping the Roc 'n' Rob tandem will shred defenses next year. But there's a lot of rebuilding to do on offense. Not just skill positions, but also on the line. Losing Dismukes will be a big hit, and if Kozan cannot return, there's going to be some work to be done there in the line. I'm looking forward to seeing Smith out there. That young man is a stud. And I'm sure Coach Grimes will put together the best group. But JJ and our new RBs will depend a lot on how well that line comes together.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If those highlights posted earlier are from this last season where he played at a higher weight and behind a worse O-line, then we'll be watching plenty of him next fall. Also, I believe it was mentioned he was playing through some nagging injuries. I don't think it really matters how much his stats dropped off from the first year in JUCO, all things considered.

man, i've put this season behind me and am looking forward to next year but i have to say...somebody is leaving....roc did pretty good this year for what he was given and i expect a lot more next year, i again forgot about jovon and also his only 2 years of eligibility...having them two together in the backfield with jj, smh...but i feel as i've said before that peyton will be lost in all of this, i like him, he's a nice guy and has great potential but c'mon...roc...jovon..and kerryon, he might as well transfer now.

Maybe the bammers will finally shut up about him flipping now

Now that he is at AU, you know they didn't want him anyway. Ba Ha Ha ha!

man, i've put this season behind me and am looking forward to next year but i have to say...somebody is leaving....roc did pretty good this year for what he was given and i expect a lot more next year, i again forgot about jovon and also his only 2 years of eligibility...having them two together in the backfield with jj, smh...but i feel as i've said before that peyton will be lost in all of this, i like him, he's a nice guy and has great potential but c'mon...roc...jovon..and kerryon, he might as well transfer now.

:thumbsdown:

:thumbsdown:

Red shirts available!

I haven't had time to look at recruiting this year until over the weekend. We show up around anywhere from #9 - #12 in most rankings I've seen; but compared to UAT, FL State, etc., we look like hobo's in the high level view I've seen. Now I know at #9 the sky is not falling, but how does Bama get so many 4/5 star guys and we have only one 5 star guy (and that is Robinson; no guys coming out of high school). I can't see how we win the west being behind 5 or 6 other SEC teams. What's the take from those of you who have been following more closely?

I haven't had time to look at recruiting this year until over the weekend. We show up around anywhere from #9 - #12 in most rankings I've seen; but compared to UAT, FL State, etc., we look like hobo's in the high level view I've seen. Now I know at #9 the sky is not falling, but how does Bama get so many 4/5 star guys and we have only one 5 star guy (and that is Robinson; no guys coming out of high school). I can't see how we win the west being behind 5 or 6 other SEC teams. What's the take from those of you who have been following more closely?

$ but also success. The team wins and they put a TON of guys in the league. Success breeds success.

One could argue REC, or you could also look at how many players they're putting in the NFL.

And chimes beat me.

Don't forget that Saban's first full recruiting class was #1 in the nation. That was before the success on the field.

Several of the teams ahead of us have been less successful on the field than we have been the last 2 years. You can't just assume that all of them have an "REC" and we don't.

Choosing a thread dedicated to one of the bright spots in our class to complain about the rest seems an odd choice to me. But since we're here, you might've heard that we hired some guy named Boomchamp or something like that. There's serious insider talk that we've significantly strengthened our position with 3 of the top 5 recruits in the nation based on his hire alone. I, too, was a bit concerned about the current class, but things are looking up!

Don't forget that Saban's first full recruiting class was #1 in the nation. That was before the success on the field.

Several of the teams ahead of us have been less successful on the field than we have been the last 2 years. You can't just assume that all of them have an "REC" and we don't.

Choosing a thread dedicated to one of the bright spots in our class to complain about the rest seems an odd choice to me. But since we're here, you might've heard that we hired some guy named Boomchamp or something like that. There's serious insider talk that we've significantly strengthened our position with 3 of the top 5 recruits in the nation based on his hire alone. I, too, was a bit concerned about the current class, but things are looking up!

Finally hope for a decent defensive recruiting class!

Running back "U" just got another dose of excellence.

He reminds me of Brandon Jacobs. Jacobs was a freak of nature type of athlete who had a 4.4 40 yard dash. I think he was around 6-4 & 240 lbs. I think he played for the NY Giants for several seasons.

He reminds me of Brandon Jacobs. Jacobs was a freak of nature type of athlete who had a 4.4 40 yard dash. I think he was around 6-4 & 240 lbs. I think he played for the NY Giants for several seasons.

Didn't Roc put up like a 4.2 40, or something crazy like that?

Didn't Roc put up like a 4.2 40, or something crazy like that?

Article from August 2013

He's listed at 5'11 and between 196 and 204 pounds by the four major recruiting services, and he runs a reported 4.48-second 40-yard dash

Two five star RBs and Keryon should have been a 5 star also. Peyton is not swiss cheese, either. I think it is easily the best RB group in the country. I have heard and seen good things about all of these guys. Remember Peyton has had two years to learn this offense. I am not ready to proclaim any of them the starter. They will have to earn it and even then it will depend on who gets the hoy hand and hangs on to the ball. I think the offense next year will set some records, especially if CWM gets a lot of three and outs and turnovers. WDE

It's been a nice comfort these past two years knowing we are deep at the RB position. To have athletes such as Robinson and Thomas coming up next year is exciting to say the least. Our last #1 recruit out of JuCo was Duke and he worked out very well.

...Not to mention Cameron Artist-Payne, Nick Marshall, and, uhhh, that other "Cameron" from 2010. Gus seems to have a knack for pulling diamonds out of the JuCo soil.

Tre Mason in 2013

Cameron Artis-Payne in 2014

Jovon or Roc/Barber in 2015??

Could we have the conference's leading rusher three years in a row? :big:/>

Yes. Yes we could.

Remember at the beginning of the season when all the "experts" said that other SECW teams would have a better rushing attach than ours? Yeah that was funny.

I was the one that posted it.

SEC Network said we wouldn't even have a top 4 rushing attack IN THE SEC. Ranked us and I think LSU as honorable mention to the top 4 that they ranked. Hahaha

Tre Mason in 2013

Cameron Artis-Payne in 2014

Jovon or Roc/Barber in 2015??

Could we have the conference's leading rusher three years in a row? :big:/>

Yes. Yes we could.

Remember at the beginning of the season when all the "experts" said that other SECW teams would have a better rushing attach than ours? Yeah that was funny.

I was the one that posted it.

SEC Network said we wouldn't even have a top 4 rushing attack IN THE SEC. Ranked us and I think LSU as honorable mention to the top 4 that they ranked. Hahaha

That was proof that McElroy still hadn't recovered from the concussion T'Sharvan Bell gave him

Archived