White Father Lists 7 Things He Can Do That His Biracial Son Can’t

DKW 86

You're not understanding....there weren't white people at this event.....nobody could think it was a white person....unfortunately there are some black people that call others that word which I'm not about to argue about and discuss but just as easy as you was wrong about somebody trying to blame the white man that's how easyyou can be about doing that today

I just don't understand why anyone would yell that at an all black meeting, to a black guy. I never really assumed there were any white folks there, but my speculation was that they yelled that to confuse folks into thinking that some white supremacists had indeed crashed the party , so to say, and then cause a ruckus.

Again, I guess i don't think like a militant radical, who is about to murder one of their own. :gofig:

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mom told me the other day about some of here experiences and she's in her early 50's but the point of me even bringing up the past is one I said what Malcolm X went through and saw HAD to play a role in his mentality; and there are quite a few people in the world we live in today that's not too far removed from being mistreated and I imagine that would play a part on how they act in the world today

And while that statement may be true, I don't deny it, I still can't imagine it. I get that it's important to see things from those who lived it, but to be honest, 50-60 year olds and younger don't have any life experiences which they can relate to when it comes to such racism. Pretty soon, just like slavery, we'll have a nation full of folks who never knew of such things.

I'd think that's what we'd all want, but to be honest, I think a few want to keep focusing on such things too much. Just my 2 cents.

Well one thing I do know is that my mom don't lie period, she definitely wouldn't lie to me. And yeah in your mind it barely exists so of course you think the focus is wrong. I imagine other people that have actually had to deal with it feel different especially when they see these black guys being killed and nothing being done about it and reasoning as why it's ok. Actually rewarding the guys that kill the people. They get funds started for them, sponsorships, contracts for appearances....

You're not understanding....there weren't white people at this event.....nobody could think it was a white person....unfortunately there are some black people that call others that word which I'm not about to argue about and discuss but just as easy as you was wrong about somebody trying to blame the white man that's how easyyou can be about doing that today

I just don't understand why anyone would yell that at an all black meeting, to a black guy. I never really assumed there were any white folks there, but my speculation was that they yelled that to confuse folks into thinking that some white supremacists had indeed crashed the party , so to say, and then cause a ruckus.

Again, I guess i don't think like a militant radical, who is about to murder one of their own. :gofig:/>

Well no, it was just something to turn some heads for a few seconds not to have people thinking all of that...And no you don't but I don't think you realize how important Malcolm X was either. Him leaving and changing views was literally a threat to their entire organization

True but if the issue isn't something you haven't been through it's hard to say get over it. This stuff didn't even happen a long time ago. My mom went though this, it's not even a good generation old. And seeing people killed without any type of punishment or anything surely won't help....But hell I guess if it didn't ever effect me I'd be talking and saying hurry up and move on as well....

My Irish and Native American ancestors were enslaved and treated as poorly as yours. Hell, many of the Irish slaves ended up on the same islands with blacks and intermarried. So to did the Cherokee (except those forced to Oklahoma). Look, it's important to learn from the past, but as long as you keep looking for it in the present it will surely continue to show up in the future. Humanity has a long way to go, but we can't hold good people back by acting as though the bad people outnumber the good.

Or....we can continue this roller coaster ride of failure. Educate, adapt, and overcome.

My mom told me the other day about some of here experiences and she's in her early 50's but the point of me even bringing up the past is one I said what Malcolm X went through and saw HAD to play a role in his mentality; and there are quite a few people in the world we live in today that's not too far removed from being mistreated and I imagine that would play a part on how they act in the world today

And while that statement may be true, I don't deny it, I still can't imagine it. I get that it's important to see things from those who lived it, but to be honest, 50-60 year olds and younger don't have any life experiences which they can relate to when it comes to such racism. Pretty soon, just like slavery, we'll have a nation full of folks who never knew of such things.

I'd think that's what we'd all want, but to be honest, I think a few want to keep focusing on such things too much. Just my 2 cents.

ive got to disagree with that raptor. it was pretty strong then. in those days i think people were programmed to hate. it trickled down a lot through the years and will never be extinct. I just think it is being reborn by some on the other side now.

True but if the issue isn't something you haven't been through it's hard to say get over it. This stuff didn't even happen a long time ago. My mom went though this, it's not even a good generation old. And seeing people killed without any type of punishment or anything surely won't help....But hell I guess if it didn't ever effect me I'd be talking and saying hurry up and move on as well....

My Irish and Native American ancestors were enslaved and treated as poorly as yours. Hell, many of the Irish slaves ended up on the same islands with blacks and intermarried. So to did the Cherokee (except those forced to Oklahoma). Look, it's important to learn from the past, but as long as you keep looking for it in the present it will surely continue to show up in the future. Humanity has a long way to go, but we can't hold good people back by acting as though the bad people outnumber the good.

Or....we can continue this roller coaster ride of failure. Educate, adapt, and overcome.

I agree but sometimes it's not people are looking for anything, sometimes it's people just telling the truth.

Cole. Here is my contribution to this topic. I believe, with all my heart, GOD created us all. HE loves us all. And HE commanded Me to love my Brother. I have great respect for MLK for being true to his faith and preaching this truth. I pray for healing and a great new year for you, My Brother.

ive got to disagree with that raptor. it was pretty strong then. in those days i think people were programmed to hate. it trickled down a lot through the years and will never be extinct. I just think it is being reborn by some on the other side now.

That's a separate issue. I don't deny that racism is learned and passed down. But specifically to the world where there were 'white' and 'colored' water fountains, etc...such things are beyond the real life experiences of virtually everyone under 60. Sure you could have been alive during that time those things were going on, but you really don't comprehend it until you got older. That's my point.

Well no, it was just something to turn some heads for a few seconds not to have people thinking all of that...And no you don't but I don't think you realize how important Malcolm X was either. Him leaving and changing views was literally a threat to their entire organization

This falls in w/ the 'group think' stuff I was talking about before. So the hell what if one man changes his views. They are HIS VIEWS to change! Who are the Nation of Islam to kill a man simply because he decides to act or not act, as his heart leads him ?

I'll tell you who.. they're a threat. To everyone. If there's a threat to that organization, or ones like it, then I say GOOD ! What the hell benefit do they serve blacks or humanity as a whole if that's all they have to offer. Conform, or die.

A bit like ISIS , don't ya think ?

These threads do NOTHING for race relations.

But we're cowards if we don't have these discussions. At least, so says Eric Holder.

<_<

Funnier still, Obama has actually just made the claim that race relations are now BETTER here in the US since he's become President.

How deluded is this man ? Honest question. If he really believes that, I feel the might have some sort of mental issues. He can't be serious.

Race relations will never get better until we decide as a society that it is better to live at peace, and that the family unit is the very core of where it begins. Those that like to stir the pot and create chaos should be the ones that we throw out of our society until they learn to live peaceably with all. It's harsh, but true. We keep enabling this "protest" and "start a movement" nonsense by allowing it to happen. It doesn't solve anything and only deepens the chasm between us all.

Lol. There Auraptor there is like no way on earth you don't have a problem with black people...

And if you go by the definition of racism there is no way a black person can be racist. Now maybe prejudice

A black person can't be racist? Racism = privilege + Power? Who's the most privileged and powerful man in our country right now? This may be the most idiotic mess of s*** I've ever read. All racism is is a BELIEF of superiority which the underlying determining factor is RACE. There is no prerequisite or requirement to racism. Any person from any race can be "racist." Saying that only a white person can be racist is, in fact, RACIST.

Lol. There Auraptor there is like no way on earth you don't have a problem with black people...

And if you go by the definition of racism there is no way a black person can be racist. Now maybe prejudice

A black person can't be racist? Racism = privilege + Power? Who's the most privileged and powerful man in our country right now? This may be the most idiotic mess of s*** I've ever read.

Holy crap, why don't you let him explain his line of thinking rather than respond in this manner? Is this not the political forum where we can debate ideas?

A black person can't be racist? Racism = privilege + Power? Who's the most privileged and powerful man in our country right now? This may be the most idiotic mess of s*** I've ever read.

Holy crap, why don't you let him explain his line of thinking rather than respond in this manner? Is this not the political forum where we can debate ideas?

We're nothing if not friendly here. :-\

From his post on the 1st page and my post on the 5th page, I didn't realize I stopped his line of thinking. My apologies if I cut someone off from explaining themselves fully.

Race relations will never get better until we decide as a society that it is better to live at peace, and that the family unit is the very core of where it begins. Those that like to stir the pot and create chaos should be the ones that we throw out of our society until they learn to live peaceably with all. It's harsh, but true. We keep enabling this "protest" and "start a movement" nonsense by allowing it to happen. It doesn't solve anything and only deepens the chasm between us all.

So if people didn't protest back then you think everything would be the same now? It's not protesting persecution that's the problem it's trying to put your head in the sand and ignoring the persecuted that's the problem, when that happens eventually death, war, hatred happens. At the very least a breach of trust...

These threads do NOTHING for race relations.

maybe true.

Could be true but we know for a FACT doing nothing does nothing....

That's a separate issue. I don't deny that racism is learned and passed down. But specifically to the world where there were 'white' and 'colored' water fountains, etc...such things are beyond the real life experiences of virtually everyone under 60. Sure you could have been alive during that time those things were going on, but you really don't comprehend it until you got older. That's my point.

First black auburn football player=1970. bammer='71, schools didnt fully intergrate till '63, george wallace..... i could go on and on. I get the legal dates,but true equality was later. I do think we are at the point now that legistlation has done all it can do. time is the only cure for what is left. I just fail to see how an established criminal who resists arrests and dies accidently(due to a forcefull arrest and pre-existing health issues becomes a race issue.

A black person can't be racist? Racism = privilege + Power? Who's the most privileged and powerful man in our country right now? This may be the most idiotic mess of s*** I've ever read. All racism is is a BELIEF of superiority which the underlying determining factor is RACE. There is no prerequisite or requirement to racism. Any person from any race can be "racist." Saying that only a white person can be racist is, in fact, RACIST.

I'm more so talking about a society so one position can't really contradict it IMO. And mentioning a position where something like 50 times before everybody was white and one black is in means shows progress but doesn't mean everything is great either. When Jackie Robinson first was allowed in the MLB didn't mean he or other blacks weren't persecuted anymore, I look forward to more progress being made

Well clearly that's not true since I told you someone who had experiences that is under 60. Could it be that......*gasp* maybe some people decided they didn't care what anybody says they will do what they want to do?

This falls in w/ the 'group think' stuff I was talking about before. So the hell what if one man changes his views. They are HIS VIEWS to change! Who are the Nation of Islam to kill a man simply because he decides to act or not act, as his heart leads him ?

I'll tell you who.. they're a threat. To everyone. If there's a threat to that organization, or ones like it, then I say GOOD ! What the hell benefit do they serve blacks or humanity as a whole if that's all they have to offer. Conform, or die.

You act like I said they should have killed him. I'm telling you he was a HUGE threat to them, and any bigots and racists out. FBI doesn't tap your phones or follow your every move if you're just a normal man

I'm here listening and discussing ideas, there isn't a reason to be insulting, there's really not a reason to even be hostile at all

You act like I said they should have killed him. I'm telling you he was a HUGE threat to them, and any bigots and racists out. FBI doesn't tap your phones or follow your every move if you're just a normal man

Who is " them " ? I take it that you and I are talking about the NoI, those who KILLED X. Your'e crossing the lines of communication now when you interject the FBI. It wasn't the FBI who killed X, it was , as you said yourself, the NoI, who felt threatened.

Archived