White Father Lists 7 Things He Can Do That His Biracial Son Can’t

DKW 86

Well clearly that's not true since I told you someone who had experiences that is under 60. Could it be that......*gasp* maybe some people decided they didn't care what anybody says they will do what they want to do?

Again, you're comparing apples to oranges. Experiencing racism isn't he same thing as there being laws enacted which discriminate by race.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just fail to see how an established criminal who resists arrests and dies accidently(due to a forcefull arrest and pre-existing health issues becomes a race issue.

It's not a race issue, until race baiters like Sharpton and all these " protest " groups make it one.

Well clearly that's not true since I told you someone who had experiences that is under 60. Could it be that......*gasp* maybe some people decided they didn't care what anybody says they will do what they want to do?

Again, you're comparing apples to oranges. Experiencing racism isn't he same thing as there being laws enacted which discriminate by race.

Lol ok. I'll let you think about that one and people being upset how blacks can be killed and nothing is done, it's lawfully a right to do so as so eloquently put by the officer in California

Well no, it was just something to turn some heads for a few seconds not to have people thinking all of that...And no you don't but I don't think you realize how important Malcolm X was either. Him leaving and changing views was literally a threat to their entire organization

This falls in w/ the 'group think' stuff I was talking about before. So the hell what if one man changes his views. They are HIS VIEWS to change! Who are the Nation of Islam to kill a man simply because he decides to act or not act, as his heart leads him ?

I'll tell you who.. they're a threat. To everyone. If there's a threat to that organization, or ones like it, then I say GOOD ! What the hell benefit do they serve blacks or humanity as a whole if that's all they have to offer. Conform, or die.

A bit like ISIS , don't ya think ?

You act like I said they should have killed him. I'm telling you he was a HUGE threat to them, and any bigots and racists out. FBI doesn't tap your phones or follow your every move if you're just a normal man

Who is " them " ? I take it that you and I are talking about the NoI, those who KILLED X. Your'e crossing the lines of communication now when you interject the FBI. It wasn't the FBI who killed X, it was , as you said yourself, the NoI, who felt threatened.

Lol man we're saying the same exact thing but you're so programmed that the blacks blame everybody but themselves crap that you can't see it. I didn't come close to suggesting that the fbi killed him (but they did know they wanted to kill him which THEY confirmed) I'm not saying they are justified for that, I'm not a freaking Muslim nor do I support them, I'm saying Malcolm X was perhaps the greatest leader we had so I'm not surprised they killed him if he wasn't on their side. Just like I'm not surprised MLK was assassinated. Conflict of interest + a national following equals threatening the existence of whatever cause. It's simple. Also nothing Sharpton comes close to touching like some of you exaggerate

Lol at this quote again. No you can't use that restroom it's not for people of color......I'm not racist though a have a black friend...

These threads do NOTHING for race relations.

maybe true.

Could be true but we know for a FACT doing nothing does nothing....

What should we do?

I think we all are...Well let me take that back, those of us that realize it still exists are trying to find ways. The black community needs a leader that everyone in the black community respects. Someone like Denzel Washington who could use his life as an example as far as hard work overcoming obstacles and not settling for excuses but at the same time knows things exists. He is already well off nobody would question his motives, and nobody could attack his character or credibility.

People should stop trying to get over and beat the system and people should stop saying everything is a lie and try to act like there aren't any problems.

I do know NOTHING isn't the thing. I'm confident that those who say that wouldn't feel the same way if they were on the bottom of the totem pole. I'm glad people in the past didn't feel that way or I might be a slave or not even allowed privileges of traveling and worse yet learning and being educated.

Really that what you got? Ok what false conclusions? I have two examples you have done it on talking about Malcolm X alone....

Really that what you got? Ok what false conclusions? I have two examples you have done it on talking about Malcolm X alone....

That's what I got. Your two false examples.

These threads do NOTHING for race relations.

maybe true.

Could be true but we know for a FACT doing nothing does nothing....

What should we do?

This is a great question because I've seen complaints about the riots as well as peaceful protest. On the news I've heard them say blacks need leadership and also see them get so angry when some actors, musicians, and athletes spoke out, I'm guessing because it's not what they wanted to hear.

That's what I got. Your two false examples.

Lol. Examples of what? You jumped to a conclusion that because a N word was used Malcolm X's assassination. Was a big plot to "blame whitey" and just because I said fbi and they are gov't I had to be blaming them for his death because like you said I'm black we blame whitey, when I actually used that as a reference to show how he was viewed to be of great influence and importance.

And you pretty much called my mom a liar as if she would just make up some stories as she tells me of the advantages I have that she didn't and to be grateful.....But hey somehow I still don't come at you angry and combative as you to me.

Cole.....What do you think of Dr. Ben Carson? Now THERE is an example of "over coming adversity" with a VERY good education and HARD work.

I would vote for him in a heart beat. He is the REAL DEAL. (Does the fact that he is conservative make me racist? :-) JK

No it just shows you look out for your interest and I don't see why it makes you upset when others do the same. But when talking a national leader scale I don't think he'd be embraced on a wide enough scale

I was serious about Dr. Carson. I was JOKING (JK) about the last part. Just an attempt at humor......a poor attempt at that.......

Not just looking out for my interest. OUR Country needs a LEADER of men/women. I believe he fits the role

He fits what you think black people need? Or you saying he's a leader for the country you're going to vote for him?

The problem cole, is just what you stated earlier:

"The black community needs a leader....."

The black community has had hundreds of leaders, but no change. Why?

The human community doesn't need more leaders per se, we need more people to stand up and be accountable for their families and the direction that we take and raise our children. Our children are where the change comes from. You can try to change older people, and some might see the light, but most will eventually fall back on the belief that their parents instilled in them. This isn't an instantaneous fix, its a long term generational fix.

The human community doesn't need more leaders per se, we need more people to stand up and be accountable for their families and the direction that we take and raise our children. Our children are where the change comes from. You can try to change older people, and some might see the light, but most will eventually fall back on the belief that their parents instilled in them. This isn't an instantaneous fix, its a long term generational fix.

Well I don't think we've had hundreds of leaders at all and part of that fix you talk about is if many blacks could go through life without ever being discriminated against that would go a long way......

Well I don't think we've had hundreds of leaders at all and part of that fix you talk about is if many blacks could go through life without ever being discriminated against that would go a long way......

In a perfect world it sure would. But, why not be the change that you want to see? Stop waiting on a leader to step up and take the reigns. Complaining about stupid people won't help anything. There will continue to be idiots that will hate because of skin color, but those that want change, model it for the younger crowd. You have a greater platform than you realize. You are a successful, college-educated man that can change how the younger generation views the world if you desire that.

2 more false claims added cole. You're on a roll.

Yeah I didn't think you had anything else lol

Why should I even bother ? No matter what I say, you're gonna misunderstand, or intentionally misrepresent what I say, so why continue ? As stated, threads like these do more harm than good.

:gofig:

Lol. Examples of what? You jumped to a conclusion that because a N word was used Malcolm X's assassination. Was a big plot to "blame whitey" and just because I said fbi and they are gov't I had to be blaming them for his death because like you said I'm black we blame whitey, when I actually used that as a reference to show how he was viewed to be of great influence and importance.

And you pretty much called my mom a liar as if she would just make up some stories as she tells me of the advantages I have that she didn't and to be grateful.....But hey somehow I still don't come at you angry and combative as you to me.

Yeah, I surmised that, because it makes no sense to yell that in a room full of black folks.

Why did you say FBI ? I didn't bring that up, you interjected that into the conversation, for no real reason, what so ever. It was a straw man in the discussion, asserting something I never even said.

I never said because YOU'RE black, you were blaming whitey. I was speaking to the MOTIVES of those who assassinated M.X. Good grief. Yeah, I get it. It was just a diversionary tactic. Not some big ,vast conspiracy. Get over it.

Never once called your mom a liar. You're being hyper sensitive now.

You're reading far more into what I'm saying. The anger is all you, as is most of the combativeness. We may differ on points, but I don't see that as being 'combative'. Seems you do.

:gofig:

Cole, I think Dr. Carson would be GREAT for the COUNTRY. No black/white "thing" involved.

I don't have ANY anger whatsoever and I explained to you why I brought up the fbi.....I said my mom who is in her mid 50's said this you're next reply is nobody under the age of 60 could say they experienced this......I reiterate well that's what my mom said you reiterate you're same thoughts.....now no you didn't say your mom is lying verbatim....And if you can't see the difference between how I talk to you and you to me ok, what can I say?

Archived