Will World Adapt To New Face of Terror

Proud Tiger

This is a good, thought provoking article raising some good questions. Are world leaders up to the task? I'm not confident at all that our POTUS/CIC is since he thinks ISIS is the JV team.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/01/07/paris-terror-attacks-us-world-must-adapt-to-new-face-terror-get-serious-about/

First, we should call this what it is. It is not “workplace violence.” It is not the one-off crazy person. It is Islamist extremists who have been radicalized to kill in the name of religion.

Agreed. If there is evidence that the individual is a radical Islamist extremist trained to kill and does so in that name. Call them a terrorist.

But some in the Muslim world are now stepping forward to condemn the violence.

They have been. It's been linked here multiple times. People are just hearing what they want to hear and when.

Stop treating granny from Grand Rapids on her way to Disney World with the grandkids the same as a young man who spends his time on jihadist websites and posts pictures of himself wearing a black ski mask in front of an ISIS flag.

The Muslim community doesn't have grandmothers? nor do they live in Grand Rapids? and are we not talking about a terrorist organization that is known for recruiting and using young children in it's causes? and whats more unAmerican than taking out people on their way to Disney World? Seems to me that they would just adapt and exploit segments where security was more lax.

Finally, take advantage of the technologies that didn’t exist a few years ago, and use them to separate out the very small percentage of people who present the threat.

This entire section of the article advocates and invites the government to dig deeper into peoples lives. Interesting considering that people claim they want the government to stay out of their personal lives and habits.

What we can’t take precautions against is the random attack, or violent extremists who take offense at seemingly innocuous incidents and use them to justify murder.

True statement. Be it some terrorist angry with a cartoon, or a disgruntled student angry with professors and classmates, that risk is always going to be there. The very nature of the freedoms we are granted in this country leave us open to these. I could lose it this afternoon and walk into a building in Auburn and gun people down. There is nothing that could be done to stop me before I took several lives.

I'm curious what her answer is to controlling this and how we are suppose to adapt.

Most likely, you can count on the Free World.....Except "today's" USA.

AUUSN.....guess that's why you will never make it to a senior position at DOD as K.T. McFarland did. She has probably forgot more about national security than you will ever know.

AUUSN.....guess that's why you will never make it to a senior position at DOD as K.T. McFarland did. She has probably forgot more about national security than you will ever know.

BFD, she still wrote a red meat article for her Fox News masters. Go buy some gold.

Sure it's a BFD, one you would kiss a lot of asses for. Maybe watching Fox and buying gold would be good for YOU. I've got mine.

Sure it's a BFD, one you would kiss a lot of asses for. Maybe watching Fox and buying gold would be good for YOU. I've got mine.

Nope, my critical thinking skills are much to strong for any cable news. I see the BS pandering in all of them. Better hurry before you miss the survival seed sale...

Nope, my critical thinking skills are much to strong for any cable news. I see the BS pandering in all of them. Better hurry before you miss the survival seed sale...

Oh and why don't you take the time to review your posts. I see you delete and repost or modify them often. Take the time and post it right the first time.

Yes sir. Your ego feel better now?

I apologize for missing the election when you were elected the board sheriff.

Oh I see you've been busy modifying your posts again to make yourself look good. I love healthy and thought provoking debates. Debates full of substance; you fail to bring any to the political boards. Insults about my service, yes. Thought provoking debate? Crickets......

Haven't you caught on.....I modify them just to aggravate you. Mission accomplished....sir.

Cool! Another 'thought provoking' comment....... :Sing:

Oh and why don't you take the time to review your posts. I see you delete and repost or modify them often. Take the time and post it right the first time.

Aww, he's probably just responding to the voices in his head. ;D

Thank you guys for sharing those critical thinking skills. They were so thought provoking. :-\

Dumbest article I've read today.

Foxnews? I didn't even bother.

:laugh:

Like Snookie trying to tell everyone how ugly Halle Barry is

As long as content isn't changed, after the fact, and the corrections are grammatical in nature, what difference is it to you what others do with THEIR OWN WORDS ????

Serious control freak on display here.

As long as content isn't changed, after the fact, and the corrections are grammatical in nature, what difference is it to you what others do with THEIR OWN WORDS ????

Calm down. He does it specifically to win arguments after the fact. They are rarely for 'grammatical' purposes.

Raptor......haven't you figured out that USN knows why I do and say things. He is supernatural wannabee.

I don't know why you post moronic statements about the French but I do know why you modify your posts after the initial argument.

Calm down. He does it specifically to win arguments after the fact. They are rarely for 'grammatical' purposes.

With the 'quote' feature for replies, I really don't see how anyone can make that claim. In fact, I think folks go over board in quoting 5-10-20 posts in their replies, but that's just MY personal preference. I don't really get why a whole page needs to be filled up w/ 1 single post, containing multiple replies.

Archived