Will World Adapt To New Face of Terror

Proud Tiger

Exactly Raptor. In fact the quote function doesn't work for me for some reason. That's why I usually start my posts with the name of the person it is respond to. Also, typing here is really tough for some reason. I type and look up and it is a mess. I then correct as much as I see but then after I post I see even more typos so I edit. BUT PLEASE don't tell AUUSN. I hate to break his all knowing bubble and expose him as the mud slinging a-hole he is.

Exactly Raptor. In fact the quote function doesn't work for me for some reason. That's why I usually start my posts with the name of the person it is respond to. Also, typing here is really tough for some reason. I type and look up and it is a mess. I then correct as much as I see but then after I post I see even more typos so I edit. BUT PLEASE don't tell AUUSN. I hate to break his all knowing bubble and expose him as the mud slinging a-hole he is.

I have that problem when I try to reply via my phone. Sometimes I fail to see that the cursor is set with in the quote, and when I reply, it's all screwed up, and I need to go back and edit so that MY comments aren't confused with someone else's.

I do try to limit replies via the phone, other than short, brief ones, w/ out quotes. It's just easier that way, and I can keep my eyes on the road too.

( that last part was a joke )

With all due respect please keep the career applications of my brother (AUUSN) off the table. It's not a decision any of us will have to make. ;)

I don't know why anyone would call this a "new" tactic or "new face of terror". It's been going on for many years before 9/11, even years before the 1972 attack on the Israeli Olympic team.

http://en.wikipedia....orist_incidents

First, we should call this what it is. It is not “workplace violence.” It is not the one-off crazy person. It is Islamist extremists who have been radicalized to kill in the name of religion.

Agreed. If there is evidence that the individual is a radical Islamist extremist trained to kill and does so in that name. Call them a terrorist.

Agreed, IF the attacker(s) has links to, and is working at the orders of, a known terrorist organization.

But sometimes the "one-off crazy person" really is a "one-off crazy person", whether he does it in the name of Islam, Holden Caulfield/J.D. Salinger, or a crush on Jodie Foster. No race, creed, culture, or gender has a monopoly on "crazy" and no race, creed, culture or gender should be held responsible for the actions of a lone nut.

I don't know why anyone would call this a "new" tactic or "new face of terror". It's been going on for many years before 9/11, even years before the 1972 attack on the Israeli Olympic team.

First, we should call this what it is. It is not “workplace violence.” It is not the one-off crazy person. It is Islamist extremists who have been radicalized to kill in the name of religion.

Agreed. If there is evidence that the individual is a radical Islamist extremist trained to kill and does so in that name. Call them a terrorist.

Agreed, IF the attacker(s) has links to, and is working at the orders of, a known terrorist organization.

But sometimes the "one-off crazy person" really is a "one-off crazy person", whether he does it in the name of Islam, Holden Caulfield/J.D. Salinger, or a crush on Jodie Foster. No race, creed, culture, or gender has a monopoly on "crazy" and no race, creed, culture or gender should be held responsible for the actions of a lone nut.

Definitely. Always the solo crazies with a cause of their own or poor mental health. I have no issues, like in this incident calling the individuals terrorist. The latest I saw they were associated with an organization.

Definitely. Always the solo crazies with a cause of their own or poor mental health. I have no issues, like in this incident calling the individuals terrorist. The latest I saw they were associated with an organization.

For sure. I have no doubt in my mind that the Paris shootings were an act of terrorism committed in the (misappropriated) name of Islam, and not the act of mere criminally insane nuts. (Not that terrorists can't also be criminally insane.)

"Not that terrorists can't also be criminally insane."

can't be? They are all criminally insane. Brutally killing people over a cartoon is seriously insane and it's not even an isolated event. The issue here is that Islam provides the perfect vehicle for the criminally insane to fulfill their desires of senselessly killing people and they cant do it with impunity because they are not only going to heaven but expect as reward 70 virgins in their Islamic heaven.

They are never going to stop this criminally insane behavior either because their ambition is to take over the world. With nearly 2 billion Muslims in the world, the vast majority of which are illiterate, if only 2% become radicalized that's 4 million jihadists. This is not just the actions of a few anymore and the problem is becoming more and more foreboding with our President making statements at the UN like "the future will not belong to those who belittle Islam" That statement does nothing but provide validation for criminally insane jihadist behavior.

Archived