Kiffin candidate for OC

TexasTiger

Since it continues to hang as a possibility, you can certainly use it against them in recruiting.

You could, but I'm not sure how well it will work. Saban is still the head, and he has been made out to be a "god". It is believed by many as long as he is in charge everything will be okay.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just can't see Kiffin passing SF up......he gone IMO.

just working out the details...and waiting until signing day has passed...he owes that to Nick IMO and there is no deadline for the 49ers....

My feelings as well.

Y'all could be right. Of course, I think ethically Kiffin owes more to any kid he recruits to not lead him on, then run away the day after the kid signs.

But then, I find it hard to use the term "ethically" in the same discussion with terms like "Crimson Tide", "Nick Saban", and "Lane Kiffen". I still have not forgiven Bama & Saban for hiding the NCAA letter of inquiry regarding text books until after NSD, even though the University had received it months earlier! :angry:

Kiffen has no problems here....a few years ago he tried to drag some UTk commits off tl USCw with him before he had even left the UT campus.. And I bet you can count on one finger the number of kids going to bama because of Kiffen. It just makes thing neater for him to stay past LOI day....but the commits are going to bama because of Saban ...not because of Kiffen's magic....JMO.

Since it continues to hang as a possibility, you can certainly use it against them in recruiting.

You could, but I'm not sure how well it will work. Saban is still the head, and he has been made out to be a "god". It is believed by many as long as he is in charge everything will be okay.

Until proven otherwise, its a pretty smart bet for a recruit to think things will be ok. He's had what...4 OC's in 8 years and multiple assistants and position coaches and they are still consistant contenders. Production doesn't seem to fluctuate to extremes with that team when a coach leaves or new guys come on staff.

Until proven otherwise, its a pretty smart bet for a recruit to think things will be ok. He's had what...4 OC's in 8 years and multiple assistants and position coaches and they are still consistant contenders. Production doesn't seem to fluctuate to extremes with that team when a coach leaves or new guys come on staff.

Yup. Every time their win total dips all the way down to 10, saban's imminent demise is predicted. "He only won ten games! He's done! Chinks in the armor, cracks in the hull!"

Gus, that's where you need to be. You've got everything you need now. Do it.

My only point in all of this is that they have come back to the pack a little. There is a way to beat these guys. Not everyone can do it but the blueprint is there. I would put them in a group of about 5 or so teams that are relatively close. They aren't on a whole nother level from everyone else. I fully expect Auburn and Gus to gain the upper hand in things. If WM does what we think he'll do, it will be fun. I expect some real battles between Bama and Auburn over the next few years.

Is Kiffen leaving for the NFL still being considered by the 49ers?

nothing has been said to the contrary. If they were dropping it and going a different direction, it would have been reported.

Might not hear anything further until after NSD.

No need for anyone to be in a rush....as noted, if it were not happening, the 49s would still be actively looking around. I checked the news out there and all is quiet from the west coast about the OC job...sounding like it is a done deal...sort of.

The scheme on both sides of the ball is his. He's not dependent on the coordinator bringing in a system to run. They adapt some things and change things up but the overall system and scheme belong to him. It's not a bad way to run things.

Might not hear anything further until after NSD.

I believe you're right

I wonder if Lord Saban, for lack of a better word, begged Kiffen to stay. He's already lost 2 assistants on defense and I've read somewhere---and I don't have a link so don't ask for one---that Kirby Smart may be in the running for the DC job with the Falcons, once they announce their new HC, who's expected to be the DC coordinator with the Seahawks (I think his name is Quin)

Let him stay. We'll still beat that ass next year.That relationship will eventually blow up.

Exactly. Take Amari out of the equation and their offense was below average. I believe Amari had almost half of the receiving yards for the whole season....that leaves a gaping hole and puts a lot of pressure back on the new qb next year. I believe next year is the year bama starts coming apart at the seams (at least a little)

I wonder if Lord Saban, for lack of a better word, begged Kiffen to stay. He's already lost 2 assistants on defense and I've read somewhere---and I don't have a link so don't ask for one---that Kirby Smart may be in the running for the DC job with the Falcons, once they announce their new HC, who's expected to be the DC coordinator with the Seahawks (I think his name is Quin)

That is all correct.

That is all correct.

now that would be interesting to see Kirby leave for the falcons. He has to eventually step out on his own somewhere. Get out of Nick's shadow.

It would be especially ironic if Kirby were to get the Falcon's DC position since most bammers and leg-humpers are saying that Muschamp is going to take the job.

I guess Layla is happier in West Vance than I expected her to be. Who knew? :-\

I still think Nicky + Lane is likely a volatile mix, ego-wise. [Also compliance-wise, if the NCAA had not already castrated themselves.]

Archived