Kiffin candidate for OC

TexasTiger

There are ways to beat him, but tell me the last time a team beat Bama with less than an A game. OSU played an amazing game. Ole Miss played its best game in a decade. Trevor Knight never looked that good before or after the Bama game. He had the game of his life. Auburn played a great game, and that resulted in a tie score with a minute to play. Seriously, they're going to be really good next year. The offense has its centerpiece (Cam Robinson). The defensive line is loaded. They can be beaten, but it's going to take a great game to beat them. As a fan, that's all you can really ask of your team. Show up every year and every game.

I don't like the guy, but Lane Kiffin's decision to stay or go isn't going to derail Bama one way or the other. Saban will have his guys ready for opening day, and they'll be better at the end of the year than they are at the start.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems every offseason there's talk of internal strife and impending trouble in Turdtown, and every year they come back strong. After nearly a decade of building a consistent title contender (shady, underhanded tactics aside) can we finally just accept that Bama is going to be a pain in the rear as long as Saban is there?

He's not going away but he's not the dominating force he was either. There are ways to beat him. It has been demonstrated how to do it. At Auburn we have the system and coach, offensively, to beat him. As others have mentioned with a decent defense we are on a 2 game win streak against them. That problem has been addressed and it will be solved I believe. I don't fear him and neither should anybody else. Taking him down isn't easy but it's oh so much sweeter when you do beat the top dog like that. I don't mind them being good or even great. I know we'll be right there with them. I like competing against the best and beating the best.

All things aside - how are you not dominating when you are the SEC champs, two weeks from the "Final Four" and only a couple of weeks away from hauling in another #1 class? :dunno:

There are ways to beat him, but tell me the last time a team beat Bama with less than an A game. OSU played an amazing game. Ole Miss played its best game in a decade. Trevor Knight never looked that good before or after the Bama game. He had the game of his life. Auburn played a great game, and that resulted in a tie score with a minute to play. Seriously, they're going to be really good next year. The offense has its centerpiece (Cam Robinson). The defensive line is loaded. They can be beaten, but it's going to take a great game to beat them. As a fan, that's all you can really ask of your team. Show up every year and every game.

I don't like the guy, but Lane Kiffin's decision to stay or go isn't going to derail Bama one way or the other. Saban will have his guys ready for opening day, and they'll be better at the end of the year than they are at the start.

^^this

Seems every offseason there's talk of internal strife and impending trouble in Turdtown, and every year they come back strong. After nearly a decade of building a consistent title contender (shady, underhanded tactics aside) can we finally just accept that Bama is going to be a pain in the rear as long as Saban is there?

He's not going away but he's not the dominating force he was either. There are ways to beat him. It has been demonstrated how to do it. At Auburn we have the system and coach, offensively, to beat him. As others have mentioned with a decent defense we are on a 2 game win streak against them. That problem has been addressed and it will be solved I believe. I don't fear him and neither should anybody else. Taking him down isn't easy but it's oh so much sweeter when you do beat the top dog like that. I don't mind them being good or even great. I know we'll be right there with them. I like competing against the best and beating the best.

All things aside - how are you not dominating when you are the SEC champs, two weeks from the "Final Four" and only a couple of weeks away from hauling in another #1 class? :dunno:/>

Why is everyone so afraid of him? This isn't 2011 or 2009. There are far more teams out there capable of beating him. He's had a lot of lucky breaks with schedule and who he had to play for championships. Auburn, Arkansas and A&M have taken big strides. His defense is vulnerable. I refuse to concede anything to them.

All things aside - how are you not dominating when you are the SEC champs, two weeks from the "Final Four" and only a couple of weeks away from hauling in another #1 class? :dunno:/>

Why is everyone so afraid of him? This isn't 2011 or 2009. There are far more teams out there capable of beating him. He's had a lot of lucky breaks with schedule and who he had to play for championships. Auburn, Arkansas and A&M have taken big strides. His defense is vulnerable. I refuse to concede anything to them.

Who is afraid of him and who's conceding anything? I'm simply recognizing the fact that when a team consistantly competes for conference and national championships and wins them with regularity in this conference, and when you field a team that ranks in the top 5 the country most every year and you constantly bring in the best talent in the nation you are dominating.

It's not a concession to point out the following: Bama has had one season in the last seven years with more than ONE conference loss. Think about that and let it sink in. Only one of the last seven years with more than one conference loss, and that season was five years ago. I don't care how you color it, that's dominant.

It's not a concession to discuss reality. We're in a great spot. It's clear that we've leveled the playing field in the last two years. We beat them in 2013 and embarrassed their defense in 2014. We're playing as equals, but until further notice, they are a dominant team. They've lost a total of 8 conference games in 7 years. That's insane, and if they didn't backslide with Blake Sims at QB (he is not a good QB) and replacing Jim McElwain, I have a hard time believing they are on the cusp of falling from the upper echelon. We can beat them. A&M could beat them. LSU could beat them. Odds are we all won't be them, and if any team does beat them, it's going to take a great game.

It's not a concession to point out the following: Bama has had one season in the last seven years with more than ONE conference loss. Think about that and let it sink in. Only one of the last seven years with more than one conference loss, and that season was five years ago. I don't care how you color it, that's dominant.

It's not a concession to discuss reality. We're in a great spot. It's clear that we've leveled the playing field in the last two years. We beat them in 2013 and embarrassed their defense in 2014. We're playing as equals, but until further notice, they are a dominant team. They've lost a total of 8 conference games in 7 years. That's insane, and if they didn't backslide with Blake Sims at QB (he is not a good QB) and replacing Jim McElwain, I have a hard time believing they are on the cusp of falling from the upper echelon. We can beat them. A&M could beat them. LSU could beat them. Odds are we all won't be them, and if any team does beat them, it's going to take a great game.

Alabama could go undefeated for 10 years straight and there are those here that will say they're overrated.

I don't think Bama is overrated at all..

When you are signing the #1 class year end and year out, you are going to be a force in NCAA football.

Couple that with a good to great coaching staff and they will be stiff competition. I do not like little Nicky too much as a person, but he can coach!

Alabama could go undefeated for 10 years straight and there are those here that will say they're overrated.

They were dominant I believe that those days are over. That's all I'm saying. Small chinks have appeared. It isn't as if they're going to suddenly fall off the face of the earth. Yesh they won the SEC this year. They came within a hare of not even being the west champion. They could lose 10 games for 10 consecutive years and some of you would still call them the team to beat. A decent portion of the football world has caught up to them. They will be very good but so will a lot of other teams as well. I believe some of you are afraid of them. I respect what they have done. It has been remarkable. They win more games on psychology. Too many teams go in hoping to win. There is still that little nagging doubt. 90% of teams like that get beat. Auburn last year plus OU and OSU went in unafraid and the results showed. Yea it takes talent but there are people out there with the talent and attitude it takes.

They were dominant I believe that those days are over. That's all I'm saying. Small chinks have appeared. It isn't as if they're going to suddenly fall off the face of the earth. Yesh they won the SEC this year. They came within a hare of not even being the west champion. They could lose 10 games for 10 consecutive years and some of you would still call them the team to beat. A decent portion of the football world has caught up to them. They will be very good but so will a lot of other teams as well. I believe some of you are afraid of them. I respect what they have done. It has been remarkable. They win more games on psychology. Too many teams go in hoping to win. There is still that little nagging doubt. 90% of teams like that get beat. Auburn last year plus OU and OSU went in unafraid and the results showed. Yea it takes talent but there are people out there with the talent and attitude it takes.

I understand where you're coming from. Their defense was exposed for multiple games in a row and pretty much everyone knew that if Sims was going to throw the ball, it was going to Cooper regardless if he were open or not. They had a down year and the chinks were definitely exposed, but they still won the SEC and made the playoffs. If your program is in decline but you still won your conference and almost went to the NC, I can see why teams would be intimidated to play them. Me personally I'm not scared because I don't play football... I have no reason to be scared... but they do deserve respect and a lot of times that leads to intimidation.

New offenses are gaining on the more traditional defenses....and take any of the "best" defenses and they still have games when they can't handle a good offense...but bama is still better than 90% of the defenses in Div 1.

As for KIffen....IMO he was always just an interim at bama...there to get a good paycheck and rebuild his reputation to get back as an NLF assistant or head coach. Criticize him or whatever but he took a QB that had ridden the bench 4 years and with one good pass receiver, got his team to the final 4 and had the top offense in the SEC.

As for the bama offense, it was sometimes Kiffin and sometimes Nick but they got it done and LK will be off to the NFL as soon as he gets a good offer. And bama will soon have their 4th OC in about 5-6 years ....and it won't make much difference in their recruiting or offensive play...JMO.

I'd just like to get rid of some of our huge chinks and win on par with uat year in and year out....I'm sure LSU/UGA/UT/USCe all wish they could do the same. And I get sick and tired of hearing folks talk about "catching up" with them - what the hell happened that allowed them to jump up ahead of the rest of the SEC? When tenured coaches like Les Miles/Mark Richt/Steve Spurrier have all been in this conference longer than NS, why the hell hasn't one of those coaches knocked NS back down a rung on the SEC ladder? I didn't see Dan Mullen and his team afraid of them last year, or Les Miles, or Gus Malzhan, or Kevin Sumlin, or Hugh Freeze..........

So any updates on Kiffin leaving???????????????/

Nothing in the last 48 hours.

​Sure has been quiet for two days. Lil nickie wanting him to wait till after NSD?

​Sure has been quiet for two days. Lil nickie wanting him to wait till after NSD?

49ers won't wait that long.

While I hate Alabama football, I also respect the hell out of Saban and the program he's built. I've actually read his book (I guarantee you most Bama fans don't even know he's written a book... If they even can read). I wanted to see what he does in program building so I could use some of his knowledge and insight to be more successful in my job. I must say, having read that book and knowing what he's about, Bama isn't going anywhere while he's there.

49ers won't wait that long.

Hope you are correct! Would love for UAT to lose their O coord just before NSD.

All sure is quiet on the Western Front.

Bammer should go ahead and hire Scott Loeffler as their new OC if Kiffin leaves for the west coast. I think the NFL is probably where Kiffin really wants to be. Saban is just too difficult to work with, and for. I guess the bammers will not be happy until Saban fires all of his coaches. Once that is done, Loeffler and Ellis Johnson will be all of the coaches Saban will need to win the SEC and NC for the next 10 years until Saban goes stark raving mad!

I just can't see Kiffin passing SF up......he gone IMO.

just working out the details...and waiting until signing day has passed...he owes that to Nick IMO and there is no deadline for the 49ers....

I just can't see Kiffin passing SF up......he gone IMO.

just working out the details...and waiting until signing day has passed...he owes that to Nick IMO and there is no deadline for the 49ers....

My feelings as well.

Archived