Dan Enos becomes Arkansas Razorbacks-Off. Coor

augolf1716

A successful non power 5 head coach taking a coordinator position at a power 5 school- and not even an elite school at that? Strange times.

Arkansas...member of the SEC....what looks like a program on the rise....runs Bret's kind of offense...was making about $325K....gonna see a much better paycheck. What could be better for him?

A successful non power 5 head coach taking a coordinator position at a power 5 school- and not even an elite school at that? Strange times.

Arkansas...member of the SEC....what looks like a program on the rise....runs Bret's kind of offense...was making about $325K....gonna see a much better paycheck. What could be better for him?

I guess. Just not something I'm used to seeing.$325k seems low, even for a MAC head coach.

26-36 record at Central Michigan?

I didn't see his record. Was basing my comment on their making a bowl game. Maybe he was encouraged to look elsewhere.

I guess. Just not something I'm used to seeing.$325k seems low, even for a MAC head coach.

I didn't see his record. Was basing my comment on their making a bowl game. Maybe he was encouraged to look elsewhere.

I don't see this as a coup for the Hawgs. IMO, Enos is the one who came out the big winner...had gotten a contract extension for 4 years that would only put him in the middle $300s by the end. He has a mediocre record as a HC.... so was not gonna step up to a big time HC job.

Enos is a former Big10 QB and knows what Bret wants to do...looks like more of the same at Arky. Bret gonna live or die with his 1960s offense.

Meanwhile....what have things come to when a $350K salary is looked at as paltry ?

I don't see this as a coup for the Hawgs. IMO, Enos is the one who came out the big winner...had gotten a contract extension for 4 years that would only put him in the middle $300s by the end. He has a mediocre record as a HC.... so was not gonna step up to a big time HC job.

Enos is a former Big10 QB and knows what Bret wants to do...looks like more of the same at Arky. Bret gonna live or die with his 1960s offense.

Meanwhile....what have things come to when a $350K salary is looked at as paltry ?

It's the time in which we live. A coordinator in the SEC making less than half a million is on the low end of the wage scale.

It's the time in which we live. A coordinator in the SEC making less than half a million is on the low end of the wage scale.

That's what I mean...even a good plumber can't make that kind of money these days and look what they have to deal with.

That's what I mean...even a good plumber can't make that kind of money these days and look what they have to deal with.

Yeah, very few people are plumbers that don't have to be. Not exactly the profession that bright minds are competing to get in to :)

So what's the verdict? Does this help Arky or hurt? I'm not very impressed but I may be missing something...

That is basically what I am asking too. As was said on here already: Burt gonna live or die with a 1960's O.

Yeah, very few people are plumbers that don't have to be. Not exactly the profession that bright minds are competing to get in to :)/>

depends on exactly what type you do. If you get in the union or work construction, you make good money and you don't have to do the nasty stuff.

Yeah, very few people are plumbers that don't have to be. Not exactly the profession that bright minds are competing to get in to :)/>

depends on exactly what type you do. If you get in the union or work construction, you make good money and you don't have to do the nasty stuff.

Heard someone tell a plumber that he sure made a lot of money for just knowing that water always runs down hill.....he replied....it's not always water in those lines". Meanwhile the Hawgs new coach is making a lot of money for knowing that ball carriers always run between the tackles.

My uncle was a Master Plumber and died a millionnaire....all that money earned from plumbing work.

Good Luck to this new coach. He's gonna need it in the SEC.

Amen to your uncle...there is no substitute for a good plumber...but its' obvious that people can find a mediocre football coach just about anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Little late on this but I'll chime in.

I had never heard of the guy but Bielema isn't known for making "name" hires. I do think he fits what we want to do well and him having head coaching experience was a bonus, plus we will have a dedicated QB coach. Chaney and Bielema didn't fit well since Chaney wanted to pass 3 times in a row when we were up in the fourth quarter.

Enos was the best recruiter on Michigan State's staff when he was there so that helps. Some guys are better coordinators than they are head coaches

Little late on this but I'll chime in.

I had never heard of the guy but Bielema isn't known for making "name" hires. I do think he fits what we want to do well and him having head coaching experience was a bonus, plus we will have a dedicated QB coach. Chaney and Bielema didn't fit well since Chaney wanted to pass 3 times in a row when we were up in the fourth quarter.

Enos was the best recruiter on Michigan State's staff when he was there so that helps. Some guys are better coordinators than they are head coaches

I'm thinking this may be an underrated hire. He seems to be a good fit, and Central Michigan probably isn't the best place to run a pro style offense, so its probably better for them both. It'll be interesting to see.

Archived