2015 5* DE Byron Cowart commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why will it take 2 more hours? Poor line condition on the fax?

The dumb Rob Lowe is in charge and he still has dial up.

maybe it's been unplugged and the phone company won't be there to fix it till 3 which mean 5pm

Between 1-6pm guaranteed. Or tomorrow morning maybe.

This is worse than waiting for the hanging chad recount. COME ON STATE OF FLORIDA!

But hold on... UF fans are SWEARING they know the coach and he'd NEVER do anything to sway a kid from making his own decision.

<_<

Yep, he's a model coach...flea'ed from an FSU board:

Callahan is a piece of sh*t, bottom line. Don't care how nice he is to certain people. Guy is always going to push his kids to UF, and if not there definitely not going to FSU. Done with the subject and hopefully we never have to hear about another Armwood kid why he is the coach.

They were stripped of the state title in '11 for playing ineligible kids.

Are the UF people also freaking out about this?

Why should they ? They already have CeCe. Anything after this is just gravy.

Byron Cowart told Derek Tyson the LOI will come in by 4 p.m. Last time I checked, it didn't take 2 hours to fax a single piece of paper.

They are in Florida, on eastern time. 3pm Central, 4pm EST.

To me, it looks like the coach got an ear full, then the principle probably said "You aren't touching that fax machine because I'm not risking the school gets blamed for anything else." Therefore it is "on the family" to send the fax.

I think the "it's on the family" thing was taken out of context.

Despite what other people are saying. I think this was funny and done at the right time with all that is going on with BC and the mystery FAX. I needed a laugh

Any one seen white smoke yet?

B9BjZgYIEAMK37x.jpg

"Ok, let me get this straight, you promised Florida that you would deliver Byron for facility upgrades and he chooses Auburn?"

"Yes sir."

"Get out."

Byron Cowart told Derek Tyson the LOI will come in by 4 p.m. Last time I checked, it didn't take 2 hours to fax a single piece of paper.

The hamster running in the wheel died and they had to send out for another.

If I were a high school kid and I could make 1,000 grown ass men do the peepee dance for two hours just by saying "4:00 PM" to a recruiting analyst, I'd absolutely do it.

Keep doing you, Auburn!

One thing for certain; the guys reporting/tweeting information know jack s***. Can't imagine giving these recruiting services money.

W to the ORD.

Well, the football team has been known for having games go right down to the wire so why should we expect signing players to be different? lol

If I were a high school kid and I could make 1,000 grown ass men do the peepee dance for two hours just by saying "4:00 PM" to a recruiting analyst, I'd absolutely do it.

Keep doing you, Auburn!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *gasp* HAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!

No, this is not just an Auburn problem on signing days! Several years ago, I think it was Willie Colon, sent his paperwork to Florida and Miami. So that took a while to sort out. Then, there was Landon Collins' mom. And then, the USC running back from New Orleans who said he did then didn't get recruited to USC by Reggie Bush. All sorts of drama out there, but we just worry about our drama.

It sounds really good regarding Byron. Mom says Auburn, Byron says Auburn, and the principal says it's up to the family. That all spells Auburn to me.

Well, the football team has been known for having games go right down to the wire so why should we expect signing players to be different? lol

Cowart tries sending NLI to Auburn, coach tips it up, momma catches it and faxes it in!!!

There are multiple reports on twitter that the LOI will be in by 3 pm CT, 4 pm ET per Byron's Mom. Just hung up with Byron Cowart: Im going to Auburn. Nothing is going to change that." Also noted his fax should be sent in by 4pm. Derek Tyson (@DerekTysonESPN)

NSD is always pretty entertaining. So nerve-racking as an AU fan/alum though. It's just like, seriously?? After all that happened with Foster and Kwon-Jo and Evans, THIS happens the one time Auburn signs the #1 recruit??

Could've happened with any of the other 28-29 recruits, but no. It HAD to be the most important person on the board. Ha, shaking my head...

It's AU recruiting. Wouldn't expect anything less. #OfCourseItWentDownLikeThis #MurphysLaw

I think I'll take a couple minutes to see if Auburn signed anyone else today... brb...

Cowart tries sending NLI to Auburn, coach tips it up, momma catches it and faxes it in!!!

I like this!

UF coaches and his HS coaches hit the floor immediately after.

In Catholic religion, when they elect a new pope they go into a meeting chamber and when they decide on a candidate, white smoke comes out of the chimney. Thats the short/simple version.

Sincere thanks. I should've gotten that one. And even though I'm not Catholic, I should probably go to confession, for that and for following this thread all day.

Join the club. I promised myself I wouldn't do this but anyway. It has been a strange day but entertaining nonetheless.

Archived