2015 5* DE Byron Cowart commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WDE!

For the record - I'd like to point out that this may have broken the 200 page curse for recruits. I know we went way over in the CWM thread, but I can't recall another 200 page recruiting thread that ended with them signing with the good guys.

Shoutout to everyone who doubted this...

Props to all who showed their a$$ like a spurned teenager as well! lol

War Eagle to the newest Auburn Man!!!!!

Can't wait to hear what all was going on here.

Add me to that list of wonders as well.

There are 2 rumors. 1 - Cowart had cold feet and just wanted to be sure. If the other rumors are true about the coach then the FHSAA will need to get involved.

Either way, it is done.

So does Cowart start or do we finally have an upperclassman step up cough cough Elijah Daniel cough?

They play different positions.

I believe cowart could be looked at DT also. He played some in HS.

we already were doing DL by committee

id expect the #1 player to start, but hopefully we are able to rotate guys in and out and keep a fresh pass rush late in games

because we certainly lost that half way through the year

So does Cowart start or do we finally have an upperclassman step up cough cough Elijah Daniel cough?

They play different positions.

I believe cowart could be looked at DT also. He played some in HS.

Cowart was brought in to be a DE pass rusher.

we already were doing DL by committee

id expect the #1 player to start, but hopefully we are able to rotate guys in and out and keep a fresh pass rush late in games

because we certainly lost that half way through the year

I suspect we use him much like Lawson in his freshman year. Time in the rotation, but likely not the starter. But it's all speculation at this point. Depends on what Muschamp thinks works best for us.

Was just in the car listening to a local sports talk show here in Huntsville, and the guy who covers SEC recruiting for Saturdays Down South was on. The host was asking about the BC situation and he said that there had been a lot of dirty stuff going on behind the scenes. He didn't elaborate much, but he did say that UF had been employing some "dirty recruiting tactics." I don't know if we'll ever get the full story, but I for one would love to hear it. From the outside it looks shady to say the least.

Is everyone done with the melting? I imagine we had some Nervous Nellies. His comments coupled with those from his Mom were genuine. The Armwood coach should have some ?'s to answer. If ESPN doesn't investigate this, then it leads me to wonder just WHO all was in on this, and by whom was it orchestrated, and for what purpose? Most likely, this all fall's on the Callahan's/UF.

Archived