Initial Counter Rule

AUTUmike

I was wondering why the word going around on Tuesday was that Auburn could now sign up to 29 recruits in this class and I found this a bit interesting:

15.5.6.3.8 Returning Two-Year Transfer. [FBS/FCS] A student-athlete who previously was an initial counter and who transferred to a two-year college shall not be an initial counter upon return to the original institution.

Wouldn't this apply to Jovon Robinson and mean that he doesn't count against our signing total this year?

By my understanding of the rule, that would explain the difference between what Mikey has been stating (5 more spots after the Prince Tega & Slayton commits) and the 7 additional slots that the pay sites have been reporting.

But these rules change all the time. Again, I dont KNOW, but that makes sense

Yeah that's where I'm at too. The rule seems to read pretty straight forward, but I hadn't heard of this until tonight so who knows...

I was wondering why the word going around on Tuesday was that Auburn could now sign up to 29 recruits in this class and I found this a bit interesting:

15.5.6.3.8 Returning Two-Year Transfer. [FBS/FCS] A student-athlete who previously was an initial counter and who transferred to a two-year college shall not be an initial counter upon return to the original institution.

Wouldn't this apply to Jovon Robinson and mean that he doesn't count against our signing total this year?

Nice find! I look forward to hearing Mikey's response.

Nice find! That could explain the difference because I had no idea about this rule. Now, it could apply to Jason, though he technically was never enrolled at AU. It should certainly apply to Jovon. This is really, really good news!

PS: If both do not count, then we can add seven more today, plus Golson later.

Archived