AP pulls out of the BCS

chuck

(lol...you butchered that url chuck. It forwarded me to microsoft.com. Fixed it for you.)

So the controversy only arose from Cal getting screwed? As if Auburn didn't get screwed worse than Cal did? And besides, it was the coaches poll that Texas benefited the most from. Why don't they get rid of that poll? At least the AP poll voting was public record...makes no freakin sense.

well, it was the unethical voting of UT ahead of Cal that lost Cal millions . .that is where the big loss is . $$$$$$$$

The only thing about the AP is that someone from the Idaho Herald Gazzette is choosing who will be in the national championship.

Not every writer is able to see every game.

That might not have seen the 38-20 beating that Arkansas REALLY got

The only thing about the AP is that someone from the Idaho Herald Gazzette is choosing who will be in the national championship.

Yeah, I definitely agree with this. Somehow Auburn couldn't get any higher than third in the eyes of a couple of writers from MS and Huntsville but some dude in Wyoming thought we were the best. That's messed up...

The only thing about the coaches poll is that not every coach gets to vote. Also, a coach that is a voter that has the opportunity to be on the same field as the team he might vote for. So he might feel the one game will make or break how he votes.

Besides coaches are too busy. They have their own team and program to worry about.

haven't read the article yet, but really, how can they keep their rankings from being used?

keep them private? doubtful.

maybe the article will answer that!

lemme go see!

Wow... I wonder if the Coaches will do the same.

This could be the beginning of the end for the BCS

133318[/snapback]

Let's hope so! :au::homer:

The chairmanship of the BCS rotates amongst the BCS conferences...it was the Big XII's turn this year.

I'm hoping this is the beginning of a lengthy secession from the BCS.

I think they should take out conference tie ins.. and just have the top 8 BCS teams in BCS bowls. Cal should be in a BCS bowl game.. and thats final. That is the most controversial thing to me. Auburn not getting in is just something that happened.. we are #3 in AP, Coaches, and Computer polls.. nothing we can do about that.. but the fact that Cal got sent to a s***ty bowl is what bothers most people IMO.

might this bode well for auburn this year if we win? maybe the AP voters will choose THIS YEAR to separate themselves from the BCS??

one can hope!

ct

133317[/snapback]

There is a very good chance that could happen! Let's win and see :au: !

I think everyone realizes that the BCS sucks. I am surprised that they think California got screwed moreso than Auburn. Talk about losing money, we lost the opportunity to play for a NC, which could have meant even better recruits, higher drafts picks for our boys, and eventually, when they are making millions in the NFL, money back to the school. Not to mention, the free publicity we would have received and the money we could have received from winning it all. I don't even want to get started on this again.

THE BCS SUCKS!!!!!

WAR DAMN EAGLE AND BEAT THE HOKIES!!!!!!

I think everyone realizes that the BCS sucks. I am surprised that they think California got screwed moreso than Auburn. Talk about losing money, we lost the opportunity to play for a NC, which could have meant even better recruits, higher drafts picks for our boys, and eventually, when they are making millions in the NFL, money back to the school. Not to mention, the free publicity we would have received and the money we could have received from winning it all. I don't even want to get started on this again.

133453[/snapback]

All of that may be true, but it's not easily quantifiable and mostly speculative.

Cal got screwed out of $14M, guaranteed, right now.

Archived