Woman declares her business a muslim free zone

cooltigger21

Judgement call. No fear here.

How do you judge someone's religion by simply looking at them?

Beyond the obvious?

:gofig:

Why don't you ask her. It's really her problem, not mine.

Well, you said "judgement call. No fear here", so one can only assume there was some sort of criteria that can be judged.

Since you made the post, I thought I'd ask you. What's the "obvious" criteria you are referring to?

Such a great question those cheering her on are afraid to answer.

Is what TexasTiger said.

It was in response to this...

How will she know who is Muslim?

Or will she simply not allow brown people into her business?

My reply was simply " Judgement call. No fear here ".

Not being one afraid, as TexasTiger said, to answer that above question.

Is any of this too hard to follow ? Because it does seem like some of you aren't keeping up very well.

Obvious signs of being Muslim ? Really? Do we need to go there ?

So some Indians come in , and they're NOT Muslim. I would guess the gun owner could ASK them if they were Muslim, if she wasn't sure, and they may reply honestly that the weren't. If they got offended, then they could leave, or they could say " hey, no problem ", and enter the store.

I'm not seeing where anyone could be " horribly wrong " here.

Maybe some sort of background check is in order?

Background checks are far from perfect. Quite a few crimes have been committed by people who passed them. these people aren't likely to be committing crimes or going out and saying outlandish things. They know how to keep themselves in the clear for things like that.

Maybe some sort of background check is in order?

Background checks are far from perfect. Quite a few crimes have been committed by people who passed them. these people aren't likely to be committing crimes or going out and saying outlandish things. They know how to keep themselves in the clear for things like that.

Zing! :slapfh:

Rereading this today. I think this was all just a marketing play. Declaring Muslim free in Arkansas is probably a great move. I bet her studies consisted of local and regional demographics of potential/current customers also.

Rereading this today. I think this was all just a marketing play. Declaring Muslim free in Arkansas is probably a great move. I bet her studies consisted of local and regional demographics of potential/current customers also.

Of course. It was a PR stunt from the get-go.

Of course. It was a PR stunt from the get-go.

Thought everyone might enjoy this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQzpAXpaV48

"It's about control"

LOL. I figured it would be Sikhs or Copts before Hindus.

She could start a bbq restaurant and offer samples of pork ribs at the front door . If you don't eat you don't enter. Takes all judgement out of the equation.

She could start a bbq restaurant and offer samples of pork ribs at the front door . If you don't eat you don't enter. Takes all judgement out of the equation.

Pork isn't kosher either.

Narrows it down to Jews and Muslims, though. :laugh:

I doubt this woman minds offending a few Jews either. Or vegans

Fair point. :laugh:

Wonder if she allows cops in there. That sounds dangerous. Fact I'm 9 times more likely to be killed by a cop than a terrorist!

http://www.washingto...-terrorist.html

Wonder if I would be considered dangerous cause I lived in Chicago. Chicagoans have killed more people in the United States this year than terrorist I bet.

Lol, not a business decision my .....

Pork isn't kosher either.

Narrows it down to Jews and Muslims, though. :laugh:

A minority of Christians as well

To be clear, this woman is NOT discriminating against Muslims.

She is choosing to not participate in the event of a Muslim entering her store and/or buying a gun.

There is a difference.

To be clear, this woman is NOT discriminating against Muslims.

She is choosing to not participate in the event of a Muslim entering her store and/or buying a gun.

There is a difference.

The range of this forum is such that you probably should add the sarcasm icon until we get to know you better. ;) .

I've learned the difference between discriminating against a person and not wanting to participate in an event.

This is clearly a case of the latter.

Archived